[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://news.discovery com/history/archaeology/for-allah-i nscription-found-on-viking-era-ring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: tbDwOso.png (23 KB, 575x544) Image search: [Google]
tbDwOso.png
23 KB, 575x544
http://news.discovery com/history/archaeology/for-allah-inscription-found-on-viking-era-ring-15031.htm

>'For Allah' Inscription Found on Viking Era Ring

>Featuring a pink-violet colored stone with an inscription that reads “for Allah” or “to Allah,” the silver ring was found during the 1872-1895 excavations of grave fields at the Viking age trading center of Birka, some 15.5 miles west of Stockholm.

Even in 850 A.C
SWEDEN YES
>>
Proofs?
>>
>>38988651
hahahahaha swedens yeses!!!
christendomies 0 - islamies 1!!!
>>
File: Diplomat happy.jpg (111 KB, 540x634) Image search: [Google]
Diplomat happy.jpg
111 KB, 540x634
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh...
damn.
>>
>>38988709
crazies isnt its? muslamics vikings :DDDD maybe gustavies adolphies was muslamics too??
>>
>>38988801
>>38988689
you dont have to pretend to think its funny sweden
>>
Obviously indoctrinated by the Iberian Moors, master race (trade marked).
>>
>>38988825
i donts thinks its verie funnies, it mights justs reflekts histories. swedens haves always been opens for foreigners and we adopteds muslamics earlies. firsts religious buildings in swedies was a mosquie
>>
>>38988651
We already went over this earlier today, the viking who got that ring in the middle east/ north africa, either got it in a raid because it was shiny or in trade because it was shiny. If he indeed was a muslim then he was an extremely small minority.
>>
>>38988890
>>
>>38988924
are you sureis? we donts knows much abouts thats ages actuallies. we mights have beens muslamic quitie earlies.
>>38988925
whats? whies the natzies?
>>
>>38988972
Im offended by your meme posting please spell things properly.
>>
>>38988972
Stop acting like a retard, its not as funny as you think it is
>>
>>38988924
>he
Actually it was found on a woman, and the article says the ring did not present signals of extended use or trade, so the chance that it was bought or gifted is not out of question yet, Vikings did have extended trade routes, and Muslim traders did cover stupidly long distances from time to time, Viking mostly traded with Southern Europeans at the time, and Asian trade caravans were not all that uncommon, possibly at one time both met and traded slaves, fur, and metal as far as I know Scandinavia was not all that rich in metal.

That said, yes thievery or looting was not out of the question either. I wonder if the vikings knew what it said or if it was the equivalent to a Chinese tattoo
>>
>>38988998
whats? sories for the bads englishies but i haves some trooublies with plurals (is thats the words?) sweedishs differents withs multiplies. i never hads a goods educations sincies i skippeds classies and suchs
>>
>>38989062
most likely a swedish woman traveled to the middle east, converted to islam and got cucked by a jamal before returning home with him so he could benefit from sweedish welfare. we are not much different from our ancesters
>>
this needs a bump
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.