[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/islam/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: nogodbutthegod.jpg (79 KB, 500x232) Image search: [Google]
nogodbutthegod.jpg
79 KB, 500x232
What does /int/ think on Islam? Do you think it's just another religion? Do you think it's violent? Do you think the Qoran has deeper meanings than it literally says? Do you think Islam should be gone? Also state your religious status.
>>
It sucks.
>>
>>32717071
Islam should be eradicated from western societies. I don't care what they are doing in muslim countries, but it has no place here.
>>
>>32717071
It's backwards and doesn't belong in the West.
>>
>calling it Islam

Alawi>Shia>powergap>diarreah>sunni
>>
>>32717115
Could you please elaborate? Also what do you believe in?
>>
>>32717071
To be honest, I don't really know how to feel about it. I've met and know very nice and literal peaceful Muslim's and even met the radical of the violent or aggressive ones. I even met the ones that don't give two shits and just want to live their lives.
>>
free gas chamber ticker to every islam follower.
>>
>>32717071
Are you a terrorist?
>>
>>32717174
Hey man I'm not talking about the branches
>>
>>32717071
I've been thinking of reading the Quran out of cultural interest, should I bothor?
I mean most Christians never bothor reading the Bible.
>>
>>32717071
It can be very problematic when it is transplanted into Western society. I don't know too much about all of the different sects but Wahhabism/Salafism need to be wiped out
>>
It's a shithole of a religion. I really mean that.
>>
>>32717247
Well I suggest you read both. The Qoran has a very different approach to the omni present god compared to Christianity. I think the Qoran would be worth reading. I don't have time to read a lot of stuff but I read some of the Qoran and I thought it is not that much of a rule book nor is it a mythology book. If you read the Qoran and then read a bit of Sufi stuff like Ibn Arabi or Mesnewi you can have a deeper understanding of true Islam.
>>
I think Muslims in the Middle Ages and later invented machines that I cannot comprehend, so I cannot say anything overtly islamophobic.

But I must admit I feel ill-disposed towards Muslim religious taboos, as they go against my personal tastes.

I am an atheist and I believe any and every religion is at its' basis anti-democratic and pre-modern. A believer always worships some divine reflection of earthly kings, so I believe the ballot and the pulpit are antipodes.
>>
>>32717405
What a level-headed and collected post. A nice change from the norm
>>
Still stuck in the 7th Century, born from some random caravan raider
>>
File: 1412094674604.png (108 KB, 1237x1017) Image search: [Google]
1412094674604.png
108 KB, 1237x1017
>>32717071
islam is unproductive and holds the arab world back.

>pic related
>>
>>32717071
It is just another religion, though it has not reformed with time and has been hijacked by warlords and terrorists for the most past in history.
>>
>>32717405
I think religion is better than that. Stuff like the Bible and the Qoran are only rule books to those who are really stupid, like most of the world. Those people have to be educated with rituals so that they behave. That's the first level of the religion. The second level is understanding things beyond this world. I think atheists are thinking too literal and they don't consider the option of being a part of the divine collection of energy.
>>
>>32717174
Austrian knows it.

t. atheist
>>
File: 1411848800659.jpg (32 KB, 468x341) Image search: [Google]
1411848800659.jpg
32 KB, 468x341
>>32717071

the only way
>>
>>32717071
I think it is infuriating having to deal with a religion that is at least a hundred years less progressive than the mainstream religions in the West.
>>
File: 1395060432022.jpg (130 KB, 1280x983) Image search: [Google]
1395060432022.jpg
130 KB, 1280x983
Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson explains what went wrong with Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZCuF733p88

Three things you don't know about islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgsrnmzxEUY
>>
>>32717629
Well Christianity was found hundreds of years before Islam, and it has reached a level where it is a bit more mature. Islam is in it's middle ages where the stupid people are still radical about it. Killing people for religion isn't about Islam only you know.
>>
File: 1365809329742-700x325.jpg (56 KB, 700x325) Image search: [Google]
1365809329742-700x325.jpg
56 KB, 700x325
>>32717685
le upboats for the epic awesome Degrasse links, atheism is the solution praise Sagan yall
>>
>>32717834
>Ireland
>>
>Do you think it's violent?
I think you know the answer to that question already

so instead ... can you, as a muslim in the muslim world with a much better understanding of that whole area than anyone in the west, give us an insight into why you apparently are so violent in regards to your religion??

hell even during the worst years of the troubles in the north, it was never about the different religions themselves ... they were a factor, but certainly not the driving factor the way it seems to be in the ME
>>
>>32717587
>divine collection of energy

this is typical hogwash, energy has a good defenition look it up. Don't just use those words in a pseudo-religious context.
>>
>>32717875
Donating gold for you sir, epic point out the persons flag maymay, upvotes for all
>>
>>32717947
Don't be autistic enough to comment on the word chosing I make. Try to get my message.
>>
I don't have a problem with it.

Growing up in the Bible Belt, it took me a while to figure out all of Christianity, isn't Baptist. And likewise all of Islam isn't, Wahhabi.

Up until that all religions seemed crazy, now just the ones that shun a more mystical approach to the universe seem weird. As they tend to make more sense than the full automatic view of the universe, where Western Atheists have taken the Protestant view of the world, threw out the notion of a God. Yet still feel like they are living in on Artifact, in a dumb universe. Oneness tends to agree with my rational a little more, not I the ego or "soul". But the entire process that is "me" in relation to the universe. We all happen together, symbiotically. We imply one another, like up does a down.
>>
Agnostic
I find it retarded, but I accept there's plenty of good Muslim people, but most of those good people are lax Muslims
>>
Islam itself is pretty much a neutral force, but the region is backwards for many reasons and people's reliance on religion just makes everything worse.
>>
>>32718001
Its just that most Islanders tends to be the only Europeans who are still superstitious
>>
>>32717071
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huMu8ihDlVA

"killing apostates is necessary for Islam to survive"

Yeah
>>
>>32717947
i do get the message it is just fashinable nonsense.

look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z17sIJyQ3oY
>>
>>32718117
Forgot
>Religious status
Atheist. Raised Catholic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxzOVSMUrGM
A Message to President Obama from a former Muslim
>>
>>32718118
Yeah if you ignore Iceland, Poland, Italy, Spain... you know every nation that contradicts such a flimsy idea.

I'm not even religious just your retarded /r/atheism bullshit contributes nothing
>>
>>32717071
Really? We're calling you cockroaches all day long and taking giant shits on you and you still can't take a hint about what we think about you?
>>
>>32717405
Slovenia comes through with a great post.
>>
>>32717071
Islam is barbarous and violent. When muslims draw comparisons to the Bible, nobody ever points out that Christianity itself had a reformation. It went from barbaric toward virtuous humanism.

Islam is just medieval trash that propogates slavery, monarchy and anti-intellectualism.
>>
I think it's cancer. I'd like to believe I'm not biased - I'm not religious whatsoever, and I don't like Judaism either, and am rather neutral to Christianity.

Religion as a whole is fucking stupid. However, it's also relatively harmless, at the end of the day what matters is how its followers take it.
After all, all religious books have retarded archaic shit written in them like stoning, lashing, xenophobia, etc.

HOWEVER:
As I always say, the big difference is in how it is applied by each religious group in its life.
The worst an "extremist" Christian could do to you is protest very loudly in front of you.
The worst an "extremist" Jew could do is charge you more than he would a Jew.
The worst an extremist Muslim could do is behead you. And then your wife, your kids, piss on your country, then leave.

Islam is entirely incompatible with the modern world, largely because of the fact that its followers are complete imbeciles.
>>
>>32718230
Okay. Keep believing in those part of the bible you like. Like that is Christianity
>>
File: prh9OY1.jpg (45 KB, 645x512) Image search: [Google]
prh9OY1.jpg
45 KB, 645x512
>>32718285
No pls merchant we were trying to have a good thread go away
>>
>>32718285

>The worst an "extremist" Christian could do to you is protest very loudly in front of you.

Kek, looks like you don't realize what country is above you

>The worst an "extremist" Jew could do is charge you more than he would a Jew.

Kek, looks like you don't realize what country is above you
>>
File: growthofislam-4.jpg (10 KB, 300x216) Image search: [Google]
growthofislam-4.jpg
10 KB, 300x216
>>32717071
Muslim are mostly decent people but Islam, the theology, is utter crap from a man who only cared about power, money, and fucking many women. Muhammad's actions were no different from other cult leaders like Jim Jones and deserves no respect for the little good he did manage to do.

Islam should not have any place in civilized society.
>>
>>32718322
>implying I believe any of the bible

Nice try, you don't have to be religious to find atheists like you retarded.
>>
File: nobel.png (406 KB, 1377x1437) Image search: [Google]
nobel.png
406 KB, 1377x1437
>>32717569
Islam as a way of life does not reinforce positive values like productivity and modernization.

Islam basically gives you a blank slate in this life, it does not encourage you to be productive in this life. Just do as they say and please Allah and get into the next life where your real life starts, essentially. It's what makes it such an easy escapism option for retards, neets and other such untermensch, like the Sheikh. [may allah rest his soul]

Pic related, the productivity of Muslims in a nutshell.
>>
>>32717735
Islam certainly IS in the middle ages. Christianity didn't mature because of age, it "matured" because it went through a reformation. Islam never had a reformation and is straight medieval practices that support anti-humanistic culture.
>>
File: InbreedingMap500.gif (54 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
InbreedingMap500.gif
54 KB, 500x314
>>32718285
>Islam is entirely incompatible with the modern world, largely because of the fact that its followers are complete imbeciles.

CAPTCHA: reproduction alogrce
>>
>>32718285
That's nice and all m8, but your country literally excludes millions of people who are from its territory on the basis of their religion and was responsible for their expulsion.
>>
>>32718137
I don't mean "Quantum Thinking". This guy is a bullshit artist. But you should look up on the ideas of Sufism and see what I mean by religion and Islam.
>>
>>32718285
le this
>>
>>32718403
Okay, I think you're mad about something else. Noone can be this butthurt.
>>
File: 1414395538571.jpg (78 KB, 569x721) Image search: [Google]
1414395538571.jpg
78 KB, 569x721
>>32718423
>>
>>32718285
Your argument about the 'worst thing one can do ' is too strawman.
>>
>>32718380
Name me the equivalent of ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, etc in Judaism or Christianity today.

Name me the equivalent of Islam's disgusting practices like beheading, stoning, Shariah Law, etc in Judaism or Christianity today.
>>
>>32718423
Are you implying that Muslims didn't contribute anything scientifically? Have you seen maths?
>>
>>32718474
lisin dude, i you can't prove anything scientificly it is basicly nonsense. (when making extrodinary claims, like the super-natural)
>>
>>32718491
How is the islamic conquest of India and the Mughal empire viewed in India ? like in history classes and so on
>>
>>32718462
Honestly, I'm not gonna cry about this, I'm not interested in having Muslims share my country and live on my back's benefits.

I'm for a two state solution. Let them drive their own territory into the grounds like they did with literally every country ever, and let us prosper and reap the fruits of our labor.

>>32718439
It's honestly this. It's common knowledge that Israel's greatest blessing is that its enemies are very, very stupid and incompetent.
>>
>>32718527
indian and greek >>32717569
>>
There is no place for a religion such as Islam in times like this.
Every muslim should be forced to convert or jailed.
>>
>>32718527
It has been quite a long time since Muslims have contributed anything to science. Why is that?
>>
>>32718492
Crusaders.
Islam was founded later than other religions so we should treat it in it's maturity. Jihadists are neo-crusaders.
>>
How is Yazidi islam any different from the Sunni and Shi'a muslims and why does ISIS hate them so much?
>>
>>32717071
It is a political system that utterly destroys democracy, development and happiness. It is obsessed by death. It is the cancer of mankind.
>>
>>32718585
That's fine.
>>
>>32718650
>crusaders, litterly centuries ago
>>
>>32718489
I'm mad because I'm still seeing fools pedalling this new atheist ideology that is equally pretentious as it is useless in dealing with religion, its a worn out echo chamber that promotes 19th century tier positivist slogans and yet we still find fools like you sharing your epic youtube links years on despite everyone grown tired of you.
>>
>>32718527
I always see this retort. Why do events from so long ago matter today?
Yes, we're grateful you supposedly invented math that long ago.

What since? Why can't you advance science fields like the rest of us do?
>>32718490

why can't you stop being such lunatics with your archaic enforcement of Islam in your countries?

Why do all of our neighbors live in 3rd world conditions while we don't?
>>
>>32718527
That was mostly us, arabs translated indian mathematics.

Anyway, i doubt islam or any religion hasanything to do with science.
>>
>>32717071

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60
>>
>>32718649
They've made gigantic contributions to the sciences of car bombs and other methods of killing innocents in markets and Sbarro pizza restaurants.

>>32718660
Yazidis are not Muslims. It's a separate religion that is related to Zoroastrianism.
>>
>>32718650
He said TODAY. Crusades were 1000 years ago. Just because Islam was founded later doesn't excuse the horrible practices that are done in the name of Islam.
>>
>>32718699
I think you're a teenager who needs some sleep
>>
>>32718550
Science and the soul are two seperate things. What is the very essence of mater? What is under atoms? They have protons and neutrons and electrons, beneath them quarks and when you go down enough you find nothing. Besides, why is that there? It's not about proving something scientifically. Human psychology is explaining us things. It's not only about explaining the currently unexplained by science. Science is not a replacement of religion.
>>
>>32718660
Yazidis are not Muslims. They worship a peacock whos story is eerily similar to that of Lucifer. This has earned them the label of satanists and that is why muslims hate them.
>>
>>32718765
>Implying the crusades were not justified
>>
>>32717071
Any religion that bans pork and alcohol is shit and must be destroyed.
>>
File: 1414613937324.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1414613937324.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>32718727
>>
>>32718650
But again, the only things you can name are from God knows how long.
We're talking about Islam's place in the world -today-.

Today, Muslims, despite being almost a fifth of the world's population by now, are contributing less than a hundredth of what smaller religions are to the world.
Today, Muslim dominated countries are the bottom tier of the world.
Today, the worst crimes in the name of the religion committed around the world are in the name of Islam.

But honestly, it's more about the non-productivity factor.
I wouldn't care so much about Muslims/Arabs getting all hurka durka beheading if they found the cure for cancer on the side, really. Because while extremists are a small minority, unproductive, lazy, stupid, welfare queen Muslims are a majority.
>>
>>32718117

How can you say, as an assyrian, that islam is a neutral force when Muhammad and his predecessors came by the sword to convert
>>
>>32718800
I'm not implying anything. If it were up to me, I'd be less PC about the Islamic problem and issue ultimatums to muslims living in the western world.
>>
File: fddsafsddfad.jpg (134 KB, 989x919) Image search: [Google]
fddsafsddfad.jpg
134 KB, 989x919
>>32718784
>shares reddit atheism links
>calls anyone else a teenager
>>
>>32718680
Centruies ago they may be, but remember that Christianty was also found many centuries before Islam. It takes time for people to understand religion.
>>
File: 1279841675168.jpg (99 KB, 1200x904) Image search: [Google]
1279841675168.jpg
99 KB, 1200x904
Islam is like a time machine. We can see how were retarded and backward people in the middle age in Europe. Hopefully Christian have evolved multiple time to fit with our modern society. Islam not. That's why when Pope Francois said something like "God is not a wizard, evolution and big bang are fact", Muslim keep behead people who don't believe like them and unallow women to do anything.
To resume, Islam is like the Black Plague. A disease from the middle age.
>>
>>32718865
But I didn't get them from Reddit. But thanks for letting everyone know you browse it
>>
>>32717071
The Qoran is a confusing and incomprehensible mess. I never met a muslim who read it or can quote a sure. In my opinion it's also an aesthetically unpleasent religion.
>>
>>32718765
What people do has nothing to do with the ideology. If I supported the team Arsenal, and you supported Manchester United, and if I attacked you for the sake of my team, does that make Arsenal a team for terrorists?
>>
>>32718797
>Human psychology is explaining us things. It's not only about explaining the currently unexplained by science. Science is not a replacement of religion.

Nothing special, you are your brain, made out of matter. Read the links i posted below

>Science and the soul are two seperate things. What is the very essence of mater? What is under atoms?

This is the pseudo-religious nonsense i referd to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton%E2%80%93Babinski_syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_hand_syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemispatial_neglect
>>
>>32718866
That doesn't excuse Islam for barbarous behavior. If you use this excuse, then by your logic, we should treat all muslims like children instead of giving them power to decide their own destiny.
>>
>>32718578
Islamic conquest is seen as downfall of Indian civilisation, it is viewed grimly by most Indians.
Mughals were okay though, they were sufficiently Indianized.

>>32718727
And of course greek/ byzantine advanced culture and science was also adopted by intellectual muslims.
>>
>>32718809
People get violent when they drink if they drink too much and people get worms when they eat pork too much. These kinds of rules are for the 80%.
>>
>>32718852
I hate the Islamic conquests and fuck Muhammad. I mean in terms of what's on paper in the abstract sense. Overall, I think Islam has been a very bad force in the /me/ and all over the world.

>>32718862
Muslims in America though are largely ok. They tend to be wealthy and educated. Also, qt Arab and Paki grills.
>>
>>32718866
no, the islam never had a rennaissance or enlightment. christianity and the european continent in general did have those things.
again>>32717569
>>
>>32718920
You don't need to browse reddit to know black science guy talking about religion is a reddit link, nor does not getting it from reddit mean it isn't still a reddit link
>>
>>32718931
It would if the official charter of Arsenal stated that Manchester United fans should be killed, converted or enslaved and if the founder of Arsenal did just that.
>>
File: american cheese.png (117 KB, 731x729) Image search: [Google]
american cheese.png
117 KB, 731x729
>>32719001
>Muslims in America though are largely ok. They tend to be wealthy and educated.

>steal all of the educated muslims
>the rest of them turn their countries into violent shitpiles
>>
>>32717071
Allah is god and Muhammad is his prophet.
>>
>>32718262
>Christianity itself had a reformation

The Protestant Revolt is hardly worth bragging about and it is the source of all the uneducated stupidity coming from Christianity these days. Luther and Calvin were nothing more than crackpots and so are most American's modern evangelicals

>It went from barbaric toward virtuous humanism

Not at all true.
>>
>>32717071
they are inherently racist and xenophobic, obviously this doesn't apply to immigrants who adopt civilized law, but then again most are savages anyway
>>
>>32718931
It does only if team Arsenal has written statements condoning attacks on Manchester United fans. The Qoran has these verses inside of it and people therefore carry out acts because of these verses.
>>
>>32719049
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPjpqiCxc4o
>>
there is no islam in Europe without social benefits LOL
>>
Islam is cancer just like all the other religions
>>
>>32718993
Yet Muslims are the most violent people on Earth, despite not drinking or eating pork. Must be that Qoran bullshit.
>>
>>32719134
yup
>>
File: 1410732534155.jpg (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1410732534155.jpg
63 KB, 625x626
>>32719060

kek
>>
this is a nice thread and all but check my 6
>>
There are so many "Islam is violent" posts that I can't link to them all, but people who think like that watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzusSqcotDw
>>
>>32719001
>Muslims in America though are largely ok

Well yes, because they live under a western society with western laws. However, if you ask them about terrorism, they are all apathetic. Apathy is the biggest problem in Islam today.
>>
>>32719177
but I have seen the light brother and it is true.
>>
>>32717071
It doesn't conform to the things and/or societies I like so obviously it's false, backwards and me no like.
Because that's how I determine what's true or not, >muh feels :)

>>32719157
>Muslims are the most violent people on Earth, despite not drinking or eating pork. Must be that Qoran bullshit.
this man gets it and has sound logic :^)
>>
>>32719236
fuck that guy, your a joke m8, look at what people really think about you behind close doors where you cant beat the shit out of them
>>
>>32719201
that is not a 6
this is
>>
>caring about religion

not to sound fedora but religion is a pretty shitty concept no matter which one you talk about
islam just happens to be stuck a bit more backwards in time than other religions
>>
>>32719033
What the official charter says is that Manchester United fans are supporting the wrong team and they are dangerous. Think of the context of Islam back then. Aside from muslims were idol worshippers and maniacs. All semitic religions came to the middle east to reform the semitic fucks. Islam shouldn't be regarded as just the Qoran
>>
>>32719068
>The Protestant Revolt is hardly worth bragging about

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day. Protestants broke from the church because of the intellectual hypocrisy within the church and bible. Assuming all Protestants are "dumb" and "undeducated" is pretty dishonest. Almost all American Presidents were Protestants.

>Not at all true
Oh really? Then where is your evidence to support your claim?
>>
Islam and Western culture can't live together.

I have nothing against dirty fucking muslims... I just want them to stay in their side of the world, is that too much to ask? Fucking cockroaches.
>>
>>32718258
Leave my fucking country Muhammad al-Mohammad bin Mohammad
>>
>>32719350
>a bit more
try a lot more, the countries they get their hands on tend to fall back to the tribal age
>>
>>32719350
What about jainism?
>>
>>32719375
>>32719375
>>32719375
>>32719375
>>
File: 1385515391324.jpg (32 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1385515391324.jpg
32 KB, 251x251
>>32719326
Jew magic
>>
>>32717071
> should Islam be gone?
if a nigga would
>>
>>32718285
>The worst an "extremist" Jew could do is charge you more than he would a Jew.

Or bomb you while calling it "mowing the lawn" in the media and then steal your land in the name of Israel because it can't let "the instigators" profit over their calculated plan of "self-genocide" succeed.

>>32718492
>Name me the equivalent of ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, etc in Judaism

The Israeli Military and Government.
>>
>>32719375>>32719368
i wish this as well if islam is so great go practise it in the countries that are islamic and leave europe alone. Instead of dragging us down to their level.
>>
File: voldemort.png (146 KB, 312x241) Image search: [Google]
voldemort.png
146 KB, 312x241
>>32717071
It's what Europe would have been like without the renaissance and the subsequent enlightenment: in order words really fucking shit.
>>
>>32719414
>the countries they get their hands on tend to fall back to the tribal age
keked, but sadly thats truth.
>>
>>32719350
>religion is a shitty concept
>call the thing people across history lived for shit
>disregard all the benefits of religion

ye I'm an atheist is all good :)
>>
>>32719375
So dont give them social benefits you stupid french frog eaters, they will takeover France and then go on for rest of the Europe.
>>
>>32717071
Islam is an interesting religion, but most Muslims are impossible to live with (especially in a non-Muslim society where 90% of them automatically become douchey to "distinguish" themselves).

Most muslims are annoying, hateful, too proud, pervasive, whiny, unstable, always trying to convert others, always bringing conflicts where peace was standing (males and females as well, maybe females are even worse). The problems especially arise when they're too many -- when they become a mass. Individually they're often decent and pleasant; some of them were the most helpful and reliable people I know. Also they're often quite humorous because they have strong values, while white people educated with "tolerant" speeches have weaker values thus look offended about everything ("b-but that's RACIST!!!!") while you'll always find a muslim to crack good jokes about niggers, sex, whores in niqab or whatever.

I'm a Jew.
>>
>>32719497
>diregard all the benefits of religion
really benefits, the evil of religions outweighs the few benefits mate.
>>
>>32719466
>>32719466
>>32719466
>>32719466
>>32719466
>>32719466
Dubs prove
>>
>>32719426
You wont find many Westerners who have a basic clue what Janinism is.
>>
>>32719368
How is idol worship bad?
>>
>>32719236
He is a blatant liar.

Reza Aslan: "FGM has nothing to do with islam"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_female_genital_mutilation#Islam

"the Shafi'i and Hanbali schools of Islamic jurisprudence consider circumcision to be obligatory for both males and females, while the Hanafi and Maliki schools of Islamic jurisprudence consider circumcision to be Sunnah (preferred) for both males and females"
>>
>>32719414
One can argue it's better for the soul than the modernist circus of feminishitism and vegan terrorism

>>32719426
What's that
>>
>>32719375
dont feel bad. the victory of the west over america russia the middle east and africa is inevitable.
>>
File: 1390427964804.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1390427964804.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>32719466
>The Israeli Military and Government.
>>
>>32719426
What do you mean? What is your opinion about Jains? Are they considered retarded in India? I thought they were the Jews of India.
>>
>>32719590
It has no rules to improve humans. Simply believing something is stupid as it doesn't improve social order in any way.
>>
>>32719574
How about hinduism and buddhism?
>>
>>32718650
In defensive response to the Islamic Jihads.

Islam has been attacking Christianity practically nonstop for 1400 years.
>>
>>32719501
As if I had any say in it.

But in the end, I guess we can't blame muzzies for their behavior. It's like leaving food on the floor and getting mad you have bugs in your house. Our politicians should all be hanged for treason.
>>
>>32719556
you should add that, as a jew, all muslims are obliged to hate you. what do you think of that?
>>
>>32719560
There are more idiots than smart people. If all the morons were religious we would have less crime in the world as they would believe that a divine being is watching over them
>>
>>32719556
je suis d'accord 100%
>>
File: 1414582729461.jpg (12 KB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
1414582729461.jpg
12 KB, 300x215
>>32719608
you think so the opposite seems to happen here in europe
>>
>>32719684
It's better than having rules to degrade humans.

Just answer me this:

How exactly are you not bothered by the fact that child marriage is prominent in the muslim world as a result of Mo sleeping with a 9 year old ?

How can this not disgust you ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7_TKgw1To
>>
>>32719758
typical bran dead turk, go cry in your magic book m8
>>
>>32719708
They have a better idea about both, particularly Buddhism or atleast the variety of it that has become sort of popular among a few liberals here.

Hinduism they have a very superficial understanding of, they just think its about bowing to statues of elephant men and six armed women and thats it, essentially none of the teachings of high Hinduism.
>>
>>32718527
Mostly from Greeks and Indians

Arab contributions are strongly overstated
>>
>>32719497
>mass forced conversions and pointless holy wars for over a thousand years

There are cultural aspects and stuff like that that are pretty nice but otherwise meh
>>
>>32719709
Not Islam, Muslims. Islam is a religion that promotes peace. If a homicidal person decides these kuffars need to be killed he's going to do it because he thinks it's right not because the religion commands it
>>
>>32719758
actually religious people are overrepresented in crime statistics. and atheists, agnostics in science.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlates_of_crime#Religion
>>
>>32719808
>r u mad :DD:DDDDD:DD

I don't think you're bringing anything of worth into this thread. Please leave.
>>
islam a shit
>>
>>32719665
They are usually very rich people and most live in luxury and extravagance. A bit hypocritical since a true jain would forsake all his wealth and even clothes and strive for enlightenment. They're most merchants and I've never seen a poor jain. They're cool and very pacifistic.
>>
>>32719856
Lel

The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat."
>>
>>32719856
> Islam is a religion that promotes peace
srsly ? come on

all semitic religions call for war against unbelievers, that is why islam and christianity are the biggest religions on earth. they were spread by violence.
>>
>>32719836
That is not about religion. It's what people who wanted power did. Heads of state spread their religion to get more power and money. Churches collected taxes. Are kings and churches the creators of the religion? They are only people who claim to represent them, and if they are inhuman while doing it it's their fault not the religion's
>>
>>32719954
Respond to this
>>32719807
>>
>>32719954
Allahu Akbar
>>
>>32717621
Yeah but they failed
>>
>>32719880
If you are smart enough you don't need a religion to tell you what is right and what is wrong. You are capable of judging that. But for those who are the majority need a book to tell them. Think of that while reading the first link.
>>
>>32719600
tbf i think his point was that islam didn't INVENT it ... which it didn't; that shits been around since the fucking dinosaurs
>>
>>32719807
Many people in that era slept with children. It is only considered inhuman now. It is not Islam that justifies child marriage, it's the middle ages.
>>
>>32720295
Oh come now Irishbro you're getting desperate.
Islam did not invent beheadings either but its scripture is what perpetuates it. same with fgm and a whole lot of other stuff.
>>
File: 1413120995896.png (185 KB, 712x456) Image search: [Google]
1413120995896.png
185 KB, 712x456
>>32720280
except that those books are full of unethical nonsense.
>>
>>32717621

Getting raped so hard they lost the entire middle east, Constantinople and 1/4th of Europe to them ?
>>
>>32720344
? aisja had sex with muhammed at the age of 9-10 written by al-bukhari
>>
>>32719684
How are mosques and paintings valid but idol is not?
>>
>>32719856
He thinks it's right BECAUSE of Islam. That is the fundamental problem. The other being that Muslims don't speak out about terrorism. They are apathetic.
>>
>>32720411

they didn't had nukes the first time
>>
File: 46289696.jpg (7 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
46289696.jpg
7 KB, 249x243
I converted because I want a qt virgin wife
>>
>>32719954
Neither are you. You're just stating half truths without engaging in discussion or providing evidence. That's why you are getting a lot of shit in this thread.
>>
>>32720344
But Muhammad lived in the middle ages and the idea that his example should be followed (the sunna) perpetuates things like this.
>>
>>32720396
the concept of fighting for allah is not only physical. The concept of Jihad is more of an ideology where people try to spread the word of allah. Don't take the qoran so literally as you wouldn't any other book
>>
>>32719389

u mad bro
>>
File: 1413269193661.png (1 MB, 1606x1500) Image search: [Google]
1413269193661.png
1 MB, 1606x1500
>>32720411
in this pic are some islamic battles, point is we could easly wreck the islamic world today.
>>
>>32720099
Right but I don't see individuals blowing themselves up in the name of God or Yaweh. It's always in the name of Allah.
>>
>>32720468
Mosques were not there at the time of Islam. People prayed at home or together in the streets. Paintings are banned in Islam because they IDOLIZE people. Only miniatures are allowed to tell stories.
>>
>>32720565
this kind of double speak makes the blood boil, it's impossible to argue with someone who keeps moving the goalposts
>>
>>32720449
Yes he did. Back then. When it was socially ok. People also had sex with children before that.
>>
>>32720565
>Don't take the qoran so literally as you wouldn't any other book

this is something religious people have only been saying for the past 80 years, the 1000 years before it, it was the absolute truth meant to be taken litterly. But now it becomes so obvious that it is utter bullshit you guys just move the goalposts and say: "ooo, it was never meant to be taken litterly."
>>
>>32720344
Shouldn't allah's blessed book's laws be valid throughout the ages?

or quran has become invalid and needs a revision now.
>>
>>32719749
Muslims love to hate Jews ("Zionists") on paper, but in reality they always "make an exception" for those they know. The mass of Muslims dislikes an invisible mass of Jews; but individually there is more appreciation than hate, even if this appreciation is somewhat wary ("you never know", etc.).
>>
>>32720683
so you admit that muhammed was just a lunatic, like there were many in those days, proclaiming to be prophets.
>>
>>32720540
I am stating my opinion
>>32720547
It's the misjudgment of the religion that ruins those people.
>>
>>32720377
I know. was going to add that, but couldn't find a way to articulate it in a way that couldn't just be turned right back at me (ie its not only muslims who partake in FGM ... its fairly common in christian areas of Africa too)

though its certainly far more widespread and enthusiastically practiced among muslims
>>
why do muslim hate Jesus?
>>
>>32720621
Then mosques are as unislamic as idols.
only those who worship at home or street are doing it right.
>>
>>32720614
You don't see them now. A few centuries ago you would.
>>32720701
It certainly does. But the general idea consists. The qoran essentially IS a revision. Of the Bible and the Torah. Islam accepts the old prophets and it says that people deviated from the laws He has given to the people.
>>
>>32720600

The bulwark of Christianity was in the middle east when Islam came up.

Especially in the Levant and Byzantine empire. But these lands plus the Balkans and iberia were lost to muslims.

I dislike Muslims but disregarding their military prowess by saying 'we won the crusades guys' is ignorant and false.
>>
>>32720900
i agree
>>
>>32720683

She was playing with dolls

Let that sink in for a moment

He was fucking a kid that was playing with dolls

“…She (may Allah be pleased with her) said:" Then the side of the curtain which was over the dolls of 'Aa'isha (may Allah be pleased with her) was uncovered. He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: What is this, O 'Aa'isha? She said: My dolls. She then said: then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saw amongst them a winged horse which was tied up. He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: What is this? I said: A horse. He said: A horse with two wings? I said: Didn't you hear that Sulaiman (Solomon - peace be upon him) had horses with wings? Then he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) laughed"[44. Abu Daawood 3/1373, no. 4914; Saheeh Sunan Abu Daawood 3/932, no. 4123/4932.].

How do you feel about this ?
>>
>>32720896
>A few centuries ago you would.
Pure conjecture. Also, we're talking about today's world, not "a few centuries ago". Your statement is irrelevant.
>The qoran essentially IS a revision. Of the Bible and the Torah
Right. It was revised to suit the needs of a bloodthirsty conqueror named Mohhamed that fucked 9 year old girls.
>>
>>32720757
how do you even-
>>32720796
They don't.
>>32720864
Mosques are not idols. They are places that bring muslims together. There are no idols in Mosques.
>>32720973
I don't need to feel anything about that as that event only concerns the norms of society in that era. We as modern people don't accept that. Why don't we? This idea progressed over time. If a new religion is to come it will ban having sex with kids.
>>
>>32721030
No, we are not talking about today's world. We are talking about Muhammad. He doesn't live in today's world. You cannot judge his actions in this context
>>
>>32721104
>They are places that bring muslims together.
I, for one, really like this idea. It makes muslims easier to target for extermination.
>>
>>32721104
the man had sex with a 9-10 year old that is not something the belongs in the biography of "the prophet sended by god". nothing fucking devine about these people just some inbred sandrats, like jesus, abraham ect...
>>
>>32720099
people still followed muhammad in his consuests of rape and mass murder, people still followed the church through the mass destruction of paganism in europe and then the dark ages, people still followed the crusader kings etc etc etc
and today blood is being shed over temple mount

i really don't mind the cultural contribution of religions but as i said religion is pretty shitty

captcha: savage stureopn
>>
>>32721174
>You cannot judge his actions in this context
I agree with you. However, his actions condone the same kind of behavior in today's world. And the actions in the name of Mohamed committed today CAN be judged. They are BARBARIC.
>>
>>32721189
Well other muslims agree with that as they bomb Shi'a mosques.
>>32721230
Hey at least they brought order. If these people weren't divine their word wouldn't be spread by Europeans(in italic).
>>
>>32721104
>If a new religion is to come it will ban having sex with kids.

So you admit that Islam doesn't ban it.

Will you admit that there are huge problems resulting from the inability of Islam to ban child marriage ?
>>
>>32721284
People are so stupid they don't know what's right in today's context. To understand the Qoran you also need to review it regarding today
>>
>>32721324
Islam doesn't ban it. I don't need to admit that. There is nothing against it in the Qoran as it has been written in those ages
>>
>>32721315
> If these people weren't divine their word wouldn't be spread by Europeans

so all other religions are divine as well ? your god just plays a game with us, spready multiple religions ?
>>
>>32721377
Do you think you have the authority to interpret the word of god?
>>
>>32721435
Well answer the rest of my question.

Will you admit that there are huge problems resulting from the fact that child marriage is permissible under islam ?

I mean shit like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6U2nrRJ4HU
>>
>>32721443
First Judaism was spread. Then people deviated from that. Then Christianity, which was essentially a revision of Judaism. People deviated from that. Then the Qoran. I think you see the pattern.
>>32721474
Why would I need authority?
>>
>>32721545
Yes I do. The Quran is outdated. But what I like about it is the philosophy. The existence of God.
>>
Idols and religious buildings serve the same purpose. People go to building to pray together and people worship an idol together where it is kept. None of those are necesarry, but the point is to allow one to focus.

I understand that idols are not a tradition in Islam, but I have yet to hear a good reason why idol worship is bad.
>>
>>32721315
>Well other muslims agree with that as they bomb Shi'a mosques.
Good. They should kill each other off because they have not contributed anything of value to our world in at least 500 years.
>Hey at least they brought order
That may be. The problem with Mohamed fucking 9 year old girls is that people are inspired to do this today. Jesus didn't do any of that. His actions are timeless and still viewed as moral and good in today's world
>>
>>32721552
your opinion in the muslim world is worthless because it has no authority
>>
>>32721552
yes and...
>>
File: Capture.jpg (88 KB, 1261x535) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
88 KB, 1261x535
>>32717071
Can you verify what's being said in this picture?
>>
>>32721621
You are comparing the PLACES of worship to the things worship.
>>
>>32721621
>but I have yet to hear a good reason why idol worship is bad
Because it's fucking retarded? Because if you saw someone speaking to a rock you'd asked them if they needed help? Have they taken their meds that day?

But as soon as you call it "worshipping" the rock instead of talking to it then oh well everything's just fine and dandy
>>
>>32721609
Come on dude spare me that shit about philosophy.

Surely there most be some way to get closer to god without adhering to a religion which prescribes and legitimizes perpetual warfare and enslavement against unbelievers, war rape, death to apostates, child marriages and ridiculous medieval punishments like stoning and dismemberment.
>>
>>32721552
and before judaism there was, eygptian religion, babylonian, greek, roman...
because these idiots stole each others ideas; they somehow must be true ? what kind of logic is that ?
>>
Is it haram to cum on a girls face?
>>
>>32721377
>People are so stupid they don't know what's right in today's context.
There are plenty of smart people who advocate against Islam and the violence it causes.
>To understand the Qoran you also need to review it regarding today
You speak as if anyone who isn't a Muslim can't read, understand and interpret the Qoran. That is the ultimate failure of logic. It has been read by many Westerners and the conclusions are the same:

Islam advocates murder, pedophelia, anti-intellectualism and oppression. That would be ok if people didn't follow these examples, but they do.
>>
I think all religions are cancerous but Islam is a particularly cancerous one. Nowadays, its believers are the most backward, violent and uneducated people on earth.
I can't remember last time I saw christian fundamentalists behead someone.
>>
File: 1403407033885.jpg (1 MB, 1650x2550) Image search: [Google]
1403407033885.jpg
1 MB, 1650x2550
>>32720600
The french truly are our greatest allies
>>
File: 1410367846466.jpg (60 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1410367846466.jpg
60 KB, 1024x576
>>32722112
>>
>>32721912
Why is worship of 'things' bad anyway? Explain it with neutral perspective.
>>
>>32722112
you are right
>>
>>32721792
I looked up that from my copy and it says nothing of that. What it says is to not marry those who are already married.
>>32721996
You said medieval. The Qoran came out in the medieval era. The Qoran is outdated. For the philosophy look up Sufism
>>
>>32722009
Stealing? They recognize the old ones exist. It's like when you make a song and you tell people that I got this inspiration from this other song.
>>
>>32722256
Is this site incorrect then?
http://quran.com/4/24
>>
>>32722064
I didn't say if you are against islam you are stupid. Smart people can advocate against it, but they should look into it more.
Also for following the examples I'm saying that people who follow those examples are not taking today's context into account. What you're saying is completely irrelevant
>>
>>32722332
no stuff like virgin birth, walking over water, angels, demons, ect... all that nonsence has been copied over time it went from religion to religion... nothing new, nothing original, just crap people made up thousands of years ago and is of absolutly no relevance today.
>>
>>32721992
Gods are everywhere in every particle- as hindus say.
Rock is just meant for focus.
People usually do not speak to the rocks,despite shown in movies.
>>
>>32722191

So has been
>>
4chan HATES Islam. Both the Christfags and the fedoramen.

Its sad because I actually have met Muslims IRL and they are nice people. Too many stereotype from FOX News BS. Sad sad and sad. And no I don't think it should be gone, I think diversity is a good thing.

I am Christian btw.
>>
>>32722198
Worshiping things on your own is something bad because you can't profit from it socially. It brings no order and it can only bring more arguments as someone may not recognize another person's idol. This also happens with religion, when people idolize it.
>>
>>32722514
see
>>32703959
>>
>>32722514
I like this guy.
>>32722458
Gods ARE everywhere, as everything that exists is god. All the things in the universe when observed to the smallest degree are the same, it's just how we perceive them makes things different.
>>
>>32722445
That's what you believe.
>>
>>32722712
no that is quite obvious to anyone with a brain, these people didn't know anything about the world the were ignorant people. i mean come on the believed that you can cure diseases by kiling birds, that those diseases were caused by demons...ect all that kind of shit, how can this not be obvious to you ?
>>
>>32722525
I don't know how worshipping idols brought disorder in society, Indians mostly worship idols. What disorder do you see here.

about arguments from those who do not recognize idol- we did not face such an issue here. Maybe it happened in middle east.

why is profitting socially crucial to salvation?
>>
>>32722514
>I actually have met Muslims IRL and they are nice people

Nobody said that Muslims were necessarly all bad. We're talking about their religion here.
I've also meet some perfectly perfectable muslims and many terrible ones. Just see what ISIS is doing these days.
Let me give you an example:
When Tibetan Bhudists monks are opressed, they set themselves on fire as a sign of protestation
When Muslims are opressed, they bomb innocent people, they commit the worst atrocities and generally spread death and devastation.
>>
>>32722712
"believe"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YltEym9H0x4
>>
>>32722658
What are your thoughts on polytheism?
>>
File: Apostasy_laws_in_2013.SVG.png (101 KB, 863x443) Image search: [Google]
Apostasy_laws_in_2013.SVG.png
101 KB, 863x443
>>32722514
you're fucking retarded

>I've met nice muslims
>therefore Islam is good
>muh fox news

Show this to your muslim friends and ask them what they think about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huMu8ihDlVA

"Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
>>
>>32722811
I don't say it always brings disorder.
By social profit I mean order. Look at the arabs. All the religion washed over them they still kill eachother. Because they only think they follow the religion. They need to understand it. Idol worhsiping doesn't tell what's right or what's wrong to those who are reeaaaallly dumb.
>>
>>32722431
>but they should look into it more.
How much more do they have to look into it to agree with everything you say? Are you denying that scholars of history haven't looked into it enough? I smell bullshit.
>I'm saying that people who follow those examples are not taking today's context into account.
You don't make sense. We ARE taking in today's context. People today generally accept that murder is bad, women are generally equal and fucking 9 year olds is bad.

My argument is that people do these things today and do them because Mohamed did them. What Mohamed did does not make it right in today's world. And if you believe it does, you truly think like Muslim terrorists.
>>
>>32722891
I have no problem with it. It's the same thing as monotheism, it just appropriates different tasks in the world to different gods. It all comes down to the same thing. If the polytheistic religion directs humans into the right path I'm okay with it
>>
Thanks to Islam. I became Irreligion.
>>
>>32722514
>I actually have met Muslims IRL and they are nice people.
We aren't arguing about how nice Muslims are. We're arguing about the ideology, idiot.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.