[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you draw/paint? As a hobby? As a career? Where do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 5142978_400.jpg (26 KB, 440x294) Image search: [Google]
5142978_400.jpg
26 KB, 440x294
Why do you draw/paint? As a hobby? As a career? Where do you see yourself going with this.

Pic related is why I draw. If some fag from Detroit can do it, why not me?
>>
>>2598308
To be able to physically create the ideas in my head and that it's. It's literally a basic skill that I need to progress in life. Everyone can understand an image, it's creating the image that requires a ton of shit behind it.
>>
>>2598308
'Cause you ain't some random fag from Detroit.

I do it because I have natural tendencies to do so (as a hobby ofc).
>>
I loved to draw in kindergarten-first grade. It was fun. I could put all the ideas in my head down that I didn't have the capacity to do through writing then. I made little comic booklets. I would doodle in class in elementary school to pass time, but I just wanted to make pretty faces; I scarcely drew stories during those years. I rediscovered drawing when I was 14 after reading Naruto. I wanted to be able to draw comics like the manga artists, so then acquiring a skill that the people I admired possessed was important to me. I would practice every day and I vastly improved. Sometimes I would draw stories once I started getting more skilled. I stopped drawing for awhile when I became rather depressed. I had already acquired a recognizable level of skill, so it had become pointless because my creativity was gone. I still don't have the same creativity I had when I was 8, but now I'm thankful that I have the skill. I can draw out life the way it should have been, the way I wanted it to be. Now that's why I draw. To see a picture that never could have existed in real life, and which I cannot talk about with others for fear of judgment. It helps me pretend that those who are dead are still alive, and I feel less alone through drawing. Ah, that does sound sappy.
>>
>>2598308
I don't need a reason to draw.
>>
>>2598308
Because life is one big endless abyss full of suffering and pointless garbage. Art seems at least a lil' bit different.
>>
habit at this point
>>
Because Its the only way I'd be able to make 350k a year with hardly any effort

I visited this stupid forum for the first time yesterday and all of you mopey fuckers are the same whether it's fitness or art it's sickening
>>
>>2598528
You have no dick.
>>
File: 1430434494586.jpg (46 KB, 324x322) Image search: [Google]
1430434494586.jpg
46 KB, 324x322
I hate myself. For me drawing is just another attempt to find some self worth.

I'm not good at anything and I'm useless and miserable, but at least I'm trying to improve in some way.
>>
>>2598681
>another attempt to find some self worth
I feel the same way. I used to be religious and kinda found purpose through that but now art is all I have. No friends or anything. Even though I'm not good at it I feel like art is what I was meant to do. I used to draw a lot in grade school and even used to tell people I was gonna grow up and be a cartoonist. It's all I have in my fairly empty life and I feel like maybe gitting gud will fill the void.
>>
I like learning new skills, and I wanted a long-term creative hobby in visual art. That is what got me interested and what I tell normalfags, but the engine that keeps me grinding is the desire to draw snapshots of a hypothetical life together with my waifu.
>>
>>2598308
>art industry
>meritocracy

elige uno
>>
I animate because i like to make people laugh, and i want the dumb shit that plays out in my head to be shared with others. I've found success with it and i'm grateful people find it funny enough to watch. I'm not that good of an animator but i knew i couldn't expect anyone else to animate the shit i see in my head so i had to learn and try.
>>
>>2599150
Link your stuff? I understand if you don't wanna. Either way good job man
>>
>>2599172
It's most pony/undertale parodies, not really something you'd enjoy if you're not in that fandom hah.
>>
>>2599189
>pony/undertale parodies
Get out this board and kill yourself
>>
>>2599189
You wouldn't happen to also shitpost on True Capitalist Radio, would you?
>>
I remeber when i was Kid, everytime i saw Art i was Jealouse, i wanted to be able to do it too..
Just the thought of being able to put all my Ideas of Characters etc..into Paper facinated me..
And its the only thing, i was every really interessted in.
>>
File: 0b.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
0b.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
I taught myself to paint so I could create scenes of me and my oneitis together. If I get good enough to make money off of art, then that's just a bonus.
>>
>>2598308
whos the fag from Detroit thats doing it big like that?
>>
>>2598308

I don't get it - do you want to be rich and have a really fancy house? That's why you draw?
Of all the avenues to wealth you picked art? What kind of fucking moron are you?
>>
>>2599217
2salty4me
>>2599228
Nope!
>>
>>2598308
Madness.
>>
i realized i didn't have anything i was actually good at, so i started drawing
>>
>>2598308

Not anything more than the fact it's outside my comfort zone and is fun and is making me a better observer of the world around me
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.