[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a source of reference photos that isn't online, because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1461261830429.jpg (241 KB, 833x960) Image search: [Google]
1461261830429.jpg
241 KB, 833x960
I need a source of reference photos that isn't online, because the temptation to play games or watch videos is too tempting. Anything like that for figures that isn't gonna cost me an arm and a leg?
>>
>>2596537
take pics of ur mum kiddo
>>
>>2596537

>locate reference
>ctrl + so
>bazinga
>>
>>2596537
Well there's super pose books, or just take a few minutes out of your day to save pictures from figure drawing sits and then unplug your router. I've done this, used to be in the same boat as you, needing to unplug my router to not distract myself.
>>
either buy one of these books which have poses or have a small offline device like a tablet
>>
>>2596537
get 2 pc's and 2 desks or in other words 2 battlestations

one for working one for free time, when you are at the working battlestation you work, when you are at the free time battlestations do whatever you like, watch videos, movies, play games, etc. Instead of thinking at the end of the day what you did or did not accomplish that day, thinking how much time you spend at one desk, and how much time at the other.

>currently thinking to do that myself, but I would first need to buy pic related to make space for a second desk
>>
your local life drawing class
>>
>>2597418
Oh wow, that bed really does save space. Why did I never think of that?
>>
>>2597476
Probably because it's not comfy
>>
>>2597491
tell me how that is not comfy other than you can't just leave and come in bed easy?
>>
>>2597418
Wouldn't it just be cheaper and easier to have 2 separate profiles on your PC? You know, one for work and one for games.

I personally just have blocked all the sites I frequent too often so I don't fuck around on the internet too much when I should be working.
>>
>>2596699

I didn't know you could save images with ctrl+s and I've been using drag and drop untill now...
Well shit
>>
>>2597418
If you're front a wall without any window or natural light just don't
>>
>>2597565
it isn't about having a pc for work and one for free time (one is enough for both) but about separating the space for work and the space for free time. I heard some artist has made themself a studio and commute home-work even though they could work at home. And I saw the Stephen Silver has a room where they work, separated from his house.

It's all about separating the space you work from the space you play so that you don't sleep into procrastinating that easy when working

>>2597581
eh? what's that suppose to mean? the opposite of a wall with window? on the wall with a window? what does natural light has to do with this?
>>
>>2597569
do you also copy/paste by right-clicking copy and then paste?
>>
OP, consider moving a second more primitive PC into a room shared by others.
it may seem unfavorable, but trust me this will help you a lot. it will have results quicker than the usual attempts to avoid procrastinating.

>>2597535
- surrounded by metal bars. not all of us are midgets who lay completely still in our sleep, or adults eternally role-playing as babies.
- high as fuck off the ground. much more space is now out of reach for easy access.
- at an awkward vertical offset for heating. heat rises, so you miss out on the initial heat from any heating units low to the ground, and the final resting heat is also out of range. this is especially important if your floors are insulated or heated.
- longer delay for any movement to travel through bed legs into floor, making it feel unstable even if it has a good frame.
- cold as fuck metal bars during winter.

i could go on and on. bunk beds suck, especially metal ones. i've used them multiple times at lodges and it just doesn't compare to regular beds, or even just a mattress directly on the floor. i'd rather sleep outside in a sleeping bag.
if you want to save space:
- get racks or shelves to mount things on the wall for starters, eg. monitors, speakers, etc.
- look at PC builds where the case can be mounted on the back of the monitor.
- consider whether its worth having a second PC in a different room from the one you relax/sleep in. if so, does it need anything more than just the basic input devices and a monitor?

>>2597606
>>what does natural light has to do with this
if you have a metal bed frame, and it's not in front of sunlight, and the room isn't being constantly heated, the metal frame is cold as fuck.
the same problem exists with leather couches.
not sure if you've ever experienced this, but when you're focused on something and then your arm or leg bumps a cold surface, it can be pretty distracting. now imagine that happening all the time, including when you want to rest or sleep.
>>
File: 1467155668787.jpg (86 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
1467155668787.jpg
86 KB, 1200x720
>>2597755
Why do bunk-beds trigger you so much, it's called a compromise you fucking child
>not all of us are midgets
Then order an appropriately sized one you dimwit
> cold metal bars
cover it with a shirt
>heat rises oddly
Get thick fur bed sheets of Aliexpress or something

>All those other suggestions
Just build a fucking mITX why is this so complicated

>>2596537
Mang, you don't need it, you'll just end up spending all your time on the "For play" PC instead.
What you need is discipline
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.