[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why all the hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: proko.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
proko.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
Why all the hate?
>>
Because he makes money.

Also his humor is very inconsistent.
>>
>>2592567
I don't like the look of his face
>>
I don't hate him.
>>
>>2592567
People are butthurt because another artist is unironically successful. C'mon you niggers, he gives away loads of good stuff for free as well.
>>
>>2592567
>op image
>proko
>not fuccboi
How new is OP?
>>
>>2592601
>he gives away loads of good stuff for free as well
True, and I torrent the rest anyway so I have nothing to complain about him.
>>
>>2592646
Link torrents.
>>
>>2592567
Honestly proko's such a sweet guy, some edgy faggots dislike his polite chuckle-tier jokes.
>>
>>2592569
I disagree, his humor is consistently bad
>>
>>2592567
We are making fun of him occasionally but that doesn't mean we hate him. I respect him a lot as a draftsman and teacher, didn't really surprise me when I found out he went to Watts atelier.
You will see some jokes about his humor, videos and awkwardness from time to time, but that doesn't mean he is hated.
>>
people just jealous that they'll never be as good as him.
>>
>>2592567

To be fair, I hate him because he is successful. He has a wife(that brought him drone for his birthday) and a kid and lives in a nice house.

I did STEM, work a boring I.T. data entry job and still live with my parents.

Its just not fair to be honest. You do STEM and it leads to nothing.

Looking at his life I can see how much a failure I am.
>>
>>2592657
Nice try.
>>
File: puko.jpg (75 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
puko.jpg
75 KB, 900x900
>>2593061
and to think, you haven't even put in half the work he has to get where he is. not his fault u suck @ life
>>
>>2592993

I don't get how he is awkward, he is like the opposite of awkward.
>>
>>2593072

Mathematics is way harder, than art.

If an alien came down to earth he would only consider mathematicians as intelligent beings.
>>
>>2593100
please be b8
>>
>>2593061
Shouldn't have done STEM if you weren't passionate about it you dumbass. STEM isn't a ticket to success, passion is.

Though the shittier jobs in STEM do tend to pay better than the shittier jobs in other fields, you will be miserable working them if you're not absolutely in love with what you do.

For some reason nobody ever believes me when I tell them this.
>>
>>2593100
So you're going to judge the value of a field based on how well a hypothetical alien might understand it?

What the fuck are you, a scientologist? Gtfo.
>>
File: 1467243321001.jpg (36 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1467243321001.jpg
36 KB, 544x400
>>2593072
>>
I bought his videos and honestly, they're really over priced. New Masters Academy is better.
>>
>>2593229
I disagree that they're overpriced. They're not cheap, but they're a one-time payment.

Honestly my biggest gripe is that I wish he would make "dry" versions of his videos where just the facts are presented. Not because I outright hate his goofiness, but for expediency's sake. I need to watch videos many times over to take that shit in, and what might be...marginally...funny one or two viewings becomes insufferable as I stack them up.
>>
>>2593231
his humor doesn't click with me at all. I just don't think its necessary or funny.
>>
>>2593100
it could also be argued the aliens might immediately dis-value all your work as they have already surpassed it but may care for our art as it is actually new.
>>
>>2593236
I don't think he's all bad, but he's certainly not very good either. If he had optional videos where he subdued the schtick so you didn't have to sit through several wasted minutes of LOL on repeat his videos would be among the best around in my humble imho
>>
>>2593119
>Shouldn't have done STEM if you weren't passionate about it you dumbass. STEM isn't a ticket to success, passion is.
This. If you just sit a few times in a lecture hall or classroom related to something like computer programming, the difference between the people who want to be there and those who don't (and their performance) becomes very clear. This is applicable to any major really. It's a waste of time if you're taking STEM and you don't even like it much, or even hate it.
>>
>>2592646
Where did you got them, legit asking.
His stuff ls useful despite the cringe.
>>
people in this thread are talking about why they dont like him because of the humor he puts in his videos rather than the content he actually produces

i really fucking hate this place
>>
File: 9016301.jpg (10 KB, 358x422) Image search: [Google]
9016301.jpg
10 KB, 358x422
>>2593694
>people in this thread are talking about why they dont like him

>>2592573
D
>>2592601
O
>>2592646
Y
>>2592690
O
>>2592993
U
>>2593021
E
>>2593061
V
>>2593072
E
>>2593088
N

R E A D
E
A
D
>>
>>2593100
>Mathematics is way harder, than art.

LOL. Art is a thousand times harder than any STEM job simply due to the nature of the art industry. Stay mad because you failed in a safe industry while he succeeded in a volatile one.
>>
>>2593702
ifferent anon
But do you also even "Le Read XD"?

There's a lot of posts saying that they don't like him because of his fucking humor.
>>
>>2593100
but you're literally just memorizing shit.
>>
>>2593100
If a mathematician sat through studies for several hours a day, keeping a notepad close wherever he went, dodging one Math block after another, not only would he "make it", he would be one of the best.
Same effort makes an artist mediocre-tier.
>>
>>2592567
Because/ic/ can't fucking draw.
Seriously, the board has become pathetic in recent years
>>
>>2593100
No it isn't, it's just really fucking boring unless you're autistic. That's what makes art so hard, way more people willing to draw all day than people willing to do math problems all day.
>>
>>2593100
Also, aliens can kiss my ass. Whatever I do, I do it for humans, not some bug-eyed space niggers.
>>
I like him a lot. Explains shit in a very presentable manner, AND IT ACTUALLY STICKS.
>>
>>2595023
No there are a lot of people saying they don't like his fucking humor, not that they dont like him.
>>
>>2595078

kinda like an artist memorizes anatomy huh
>>
File: grandmastervilppu.jpg (674 KB, 1972x1080) Image search: [Google]
grandmastervilppu.jpg
674 KB, 1972x1080
>Bothering with Proko when Grandpa Vilppu is still alive
>Not buying his manuals, which his daughter carefully prints, organizes and binds and ships them out to you
You are a true plebeian if you give Proko the time of day and not go straight to the source with Vilppu. Proko needs another 40 years before he can teach you anything of great importance, maybe then his humour will be entertaining with his wavering voice of antiquity.
>>
>>2595170

very few people are willing to draw 8 hours a day
>>
>>2595958
im in tears. Proko has been at the watts atelier for 10+ years. Yea, I'm sure he can't teach anything of great importance.
>>
>>2592567

Dunning-Kruger effect. Although he isn't the best in the industry, retards in this board think they are superior to him although they are still and beginner level.
He makes money.
He has almost half a million subscribers following his channel.
>take your pick

I usually don't follow him because his stuff isn't relevant to me. It is targeted at beginners . And with that in mind it does a decent job pointing out the basics. Basics. Nothing more.

>>2592569
>>2592992
I agree he is trying to hard to be funny.
>>
>>2592992
It's sort of funny in a very awkward and autistic way.
>>
>>2593119
>Shouldn't have done STEM if you weren't passionate about it you dumbass.

Dude I'm glad I figured this out (did great in Chemistry and pre reqs got all As, then took a class related to my major now and realized I would hate my life as a Chemist). I didn't choose anything related to art to spend my gibsmedat welfare queen money on, but something related to what my career path was before college.
>>
>>2596148
Explain. I'm currently in college and I'm benign forced into stem
>>
>>2595958
But I like Stan's work more than Vilppu's, now what?
>>
>>2593100
>mathematician

Literally discount physicist
>>
don't trust slavs
>>
>>2595899
not only does an artist have to memorize anatomy but he has to draw/paint it too. much more goes into it.
>>
>>2595172
wow..

Just a fucking reminder that there's aliens browsing here and i seriously consider that racist.
>>
>>2593061
So you hate him because you project your own self-hatred onto him as a means of avoiding the crushing disappointment you would otherwise be forced to feel.

It's time to buy that nitrogen tank, anon.
>>
>>2595966
Exactly, now imagine math.
>>
>>2595958
That stuff is ludicrously expensive though, isn't it? Or am I thinking about the video set that runs upwards of $200? How much are the books?
>>
>>2595089
That's called graduate study.
>>
File: memes.jpg (97 KB, 817x616) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
97 KB, 817x616
would bone tho
>>
>>2592569
>>2592992
>>2595983
his humor is completely irrelevant. unless you're telling me you are a grade-A retard who watches videos like his for entertainment.

>>2593100
spoken like a true 8 year old
>>
>>2592567

He's a better artist than all of ic
> /thread ded
>>
>>2600740
No, it's not "completely irrelevant" because it wastes time. If you have to watch his videos more than once it gets tiresome having to trudge through his corny jokes.
>>
>>2600735

He has a son.

Why do white men do this?

The only reason Asian guys go with White guys is because of hatred of Asian guys. This contradiction will destroy half Asian guys as they are not fully white.
>>
>>2601143
>some small jokes
>but m-muh time
who the fuck do you think you are?
it's free and the content is good. stop being so entitled.
>>
>>2601169
Fuck off; I purchased his videos. He's a great artist and teacher-and I'm happy to have done so. I can complain about the parts of them I don't like all I want you fat tits babydick cunt bitch fagtard
>>
>>2601153
wat are you even talking about anon
>>
>>2601197
sure you did.
>>
>>2597237
the same way mathematician have to use the formulas they learn in the problems they try to resolve? if you would have pass the middle school maths level you would have start to see the similarities between the two

it's like learning just some fundamentals in drawing and then saying art is just memorizing stuff and no artistic liberty whatsoever
>>
He cant draw from imagination. Just a copy guy. No ref = he is completely powerless.
>>
>>2601915
all the art in his yt videos are made without references. why the proactive retardation?
>>
>>2601922
https://youtu.be/iZLWj4hIjzI
>>
>>2601967
>>2601915
well it's not his area of expertise, he isn't used to drawing with lines and ink.
he's probably not that good with drawing from imagination but he's still decent at figure drawing, and that's what matters since that's what he teaches.
>>
>>2601967

Goes to show just how terribly overrated life drawing is. I don't care how much shit I'm going to get for this but it's true.
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (80 KB, 708x695) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
80 KB, 708x695
>>2601831
>>
File: maxersdeflaut.jpg (92 KB, 640x348) Image search: [Google]
maxersdeflaut.jpg
92 KB, 640x348
>>2602030
>when you are learning something and you don't even know what the point of learning it is
>>
>>2602030
you're actually fucking retarded if you think that.

like actually.
>>
Sekaa is the best girl
>>
>>2593100
How does it feel knowing you'll always play second fiddle to Physicists?
>>
>>2600735
>asian wife

his son is going to be a serial killer
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.