[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People(4chins) constantly tell me that I'm suffering from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: demo.jpg (786 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
demo.jpg
786 KB, 2550x3300
People(4chins) constantly tell me that I'm suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect. Is it true or are you guys jelly?
>>
>>2586185
We are jelly
>>
>>2586185

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is total noob, 5 is intermediate and 10 is pro, I'd say you are a 3.5.

You are on the right track but you are still suffering from many of the beginner mistakes.

It's okay to be positive about your own work but If you think your art is anything above a 4 I'd say you are indeed being delusional.
>>
>>2586196
not OP, but no.

I think that digital drawing lacks substance and remove any distinction or proper style

It's not bad, I could probably not realize landscapes like that without a fuckton of references, but I'm not baffled

Anyway, godspeed OP, don't stop improving
>>
>>2586185
Where's the contrast from landscapes? Also no feel of mass in foliage. But keep trying.
>>
>>2586196
>a jealous beginner giving advice behind the wall of anonymity
>>
>>2586185
You're better than me, OP.
>>
>>2586185
your enviroments don't look very good.
that dog looks neat, but everything else tells me that you aren't well practiced in drawing.

>dunning kruger
well that depends on how good you think you are.

>>2586196
>On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is total noob, 5 is intermediate and 10 is pro
that's not a good scale. it'd be better to base it on quality, with 1 being utter shit and 10 being the greatest masterpiece ever.
5 is "barely decent" or "barely sucks" depending on wether the glass is half full or empty.

on that scale i'd put him between 5 and 5.8
those enviroments are definitely less than that though.
>>
>>2586272
Not him, but yep, you definitely suffer from a severe case of Dunning Kruger if you seriously think anyone, even the biggest noob imaginable, could ever be jealous of that kind of work.
>>
>>2586185
gotta be honest with you, your work looks kinda dull and lifeless. i feel like you've got the vocabulary but don't really have anything to say yet.
>>
>>2586326
lol what are you on? post work?
>>
>>2586185
That dress doesnt read at all man.
>>
>>2586185
Dunning-Kruger doesn't just rely on your skill level though it has to do with what you think of your skill level. If you were saying you're better than Dobson I wouldn't consider that Dunning-Kruger. If you said you're better than John Singer Sargent or someone like that then yeah you might have Dunning-Kruger.
>>
File: demo1.jpg (1002 KB, 2550x3060) Image search: [Google]
demo1.jpg
1002 KB, 2550x3060
>>2586297
I'd be happy with a 5.8 actually. I see myself as intermediate.

>>2586406
I'm nowhere near John Sargent. I don't know Dobson.

I'm more into character design which is why my landscape is blah. I'm trying to find what I can get paid to do with my artwork, concept art? comic books? whatever would work, until the day I reach a higher level it's 9-5 for me. Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>2586185
>Dunning-Kruger

What happens when:

What you do ≠ What you think you do.

At least try to meme that shit right, you niggers.
>>
>>2586558
give me your address so I can come smack you for drawing that gun completely flat
>>
>>2586590
>address
fucking privileged burgers
rural areas of eastern europe
come get me bitch
>>
>>2586558
>dat chicken scratch

Yes you are clearly delusional. Artists who are full of themselves are the worst, they don't even want to improve because they think there is nothing to improve. You're about a 3-4
>>
Not bad at all but I feel you're a bit lazy with edges

And of course digital art is very unimpressive compared to oils, watercolor or acrylics
>>
It's literally a pretentious word for lol u suck and I don't.

Most stuff here is bad so they're usually right tho
>>
>>2586185
The dog is like 90% finished so I don't get why you left it like that.
>>
>>2586185
Seems more to me you can't accept crits so yeah, some dunning there. Your art is decent. How long have you practiced?
>>
>>2586228
>I think that digital drawing lacks substance
Thanks for starting your post by telling everyone to ignore your opinion.
>>
>>2587177
ok I'll crit
if those are your best pieces you still need a lot of work; weak perspective, poor anatomy, poor forms, poor edge control. You can push the values and textures in your environments a lot more, you should be able to tell how bad the anatomy is on the figure on the top left figure, on the top right figure you're hiding everything you don't understand in deep shadow. In fact that's pretty much the case in general, you're trying to hard to make presentable things instead of learning.
>>
>>2587185
Why did you reply to me?
>>
Stealing peoples designs and claiming them for your own. Stay shit OP, You will never be anything in the industry.

Orignal design by
McLean Kendree
>>
>>2587565
Oh wow holy shit! I hope OP kills himself, what a delusional asshole
>>
>>2587565

Woooooooooooooooooow.
>>
>>2587565
It seems to be just a study
>>
File: 1466860418055.jpg (195 KB, 553x936) Image search: [Google]
1466860418055.jpg
195 KB, 553x936
>>2587609
damage control.
>>
>>2587565
damn son
>>
>>2587609
Then why is it missing so much shit that makes the original design good.
It seems op is a dunning-kruger faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x260
>>2586185
>>2587565
And i thought he'd git gud someday
>>
Ironically the kinds of people who like to spout about the Dunning Kruger effect are generally idiots themselves. Just thought I'd mention that, it doesn't say anything about your situation op.
>>
>>2591562
Sounds like you also suffer from the Duncing Kroogers, anon.
>>
>>2591574
Then we can all Dunning together in a big Kruger orgy.
>>
>>2586185
Nice photobash faggotio
>>
>>2587565
>>2586185

All the work he posted looks like studies/rip-offs of other people's work.

The only thing which seems sort of original is his environments which explains why they are so much worse in quality compared to the rest.
>>
>>2592059

Hah, good observation. I agree.
>>
>>2586185
1. Girl looks unfinished and needs redone.
2. Batman looks unfinished, but the anatomy looks okay. What a weird ass pose though.
3. Didn't notice girl profile until doing this but it's still just OK. The drawing is alright but there's literally nothing interesting/original about it. Also, why did you give up on the hair?
4.Looks like you found a cute picture of a pug, labored over the hair and details, then drew the rest. There's like no cohesion or anything.
5. Guessing these are your first thumbnail sketches. These are pretty good. The palettes are pretty good because they stay pretty diverse in the greys. The strokes lack cohesion, and I think this makes the already poor composition work even less. Also, why in the third picture did you make the water blue? Water doesn't really have its own colour like that in an environment like this in the real world. I would have also liked to have seen harsher more defined shadows.

You're definitely suffering from the Dunning Kruger effect if you think you're done growing here.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.