[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup nerds. Out of the game for a while, now back in it. First
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2759x3678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2759x3678
Sup nerds. Out of the game for a while, now back in it. First mixed media sketch : water color , colored pencil, microns.

Critique please. Could I git gud with more practice ?
>>
Shameless self bump

Also I'm cringing looking at it now, but I think it's mostly to do with picture quality. She looks a lot better right in front of me. Also it's fair to mentioned I used a ref for this. Thanks.
>>
>>2584104
>>2584109
Post in the beginner threads or drawthreads for critiques.

There's no need to make your own thread.
>>
Howdy, and welcome to /ic/.

You should post in the beginner thread - threads on their own are rarely taken seriously, especially for beginners.

You can ctrl+f the catalog for "Beginner" and it'll pop right up.

>>2580387

Happy drawing!
>>
>>2584104
>If I start the post like this, nobody will ever suspect I'm an ultra noob!
>>
>>2584104
it hurts to look at
pls come to beginner
>>
>>2584406
I'm already there lol. It looks better in front of me. The pic quality is hurting it a little
Inb4 pic quality has nothing to do with it

It does, a little
>>
>>2584104
The really bad part is the face. She looks like an acid attack victim.
>>
she looks like a zombie in the face after a baseball bat attack.

the hips are shit. she has man hips.

thigh gaps aren't real.
>>
>>2584429
Serious question: you mean these don't look real, or in general they're not real? Cuz I've seen em. The truth is out there.

Yeah, I'm not happy with the hips either. And I was too afraid to go in with other mediums on the lips, which I thought I could refine a little. But I was to timid to try and mess with them. Thank you.
>>
>>2584445
Thigh gaps happen with women as the hips are wider. She has man hips. It isn't possible especially with that stance.

When in trouble, find a photo reference.
>>
>>2584445
To be blunt dude, that pictures is total shit. its painfully evident that you only have a vague idea of what you're doing.
but you finished it, and someway it conveys what you wanted to draw, so you're not completely hopeless. like the others said, stick to beginner threads, do a lot of practice and study anatomy. don't expect huge improvements soon though
Also take a protip: type in normal english, you sound like a mentally challenged person talking like that
>>
>>2584104
You think that face looks good? Ok.
>>
>>2585222
Mixed media sketch dude.
the only thing op is missing in his mixed media is a dead raccoon hand and some chicken salad.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
>>2585290
Op here. Top kek. I can laugh at myself it's no big deal. I tried.

Do you like my frog? This is just one medium, no salad.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>2584429
Op again. Actually, I do like to draw zombies lol
>>
>>2585295
>>2585300
Well that's really, really better than the op picture dude. I'm sure you're going to improve lineart much faster than color, which is a bitch by definition
>>
>>2585323
Thanks. I don't normally mess with so much color. But id like to at least develop some kind of unique palette. Even if it's somewhat limited at first.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
Op again. Dry media. Not my favorite. I said I like drawing zombies lol. Can u guess the movie ?
>>
File: bhjuly 1.png (1011 KB, 1000x672) Image search: [Google]
bhjuly 1.png
1011 KB, 1000x672
I don't think it's just color that's screwed up here. I guessed as to what body type you wanted to convey here and drew you an example of what it should be closer to. If you're into drawing thick girls or whatever, go onto /fit/, look for some threads related to that (they post them all the time, if you don't see one today wait a day or two), and study.
>>
>>2585555
based quads
>>
>>2585576
that's a double entendre, isn't it anon
>>
>>2585555
>2585555
5555. :o

I think you drew much better than OP's original, though the face is still jacked, but the body proportions are much better.

OP's looks like she suffers from malnutrition bloat.
>>
File: 146732997293922.jpg (719 KB, 1260x1200) Image search: [Google]
146732997293922.jpg
719 KB, 1260x1200
>>2584104
I can't stop laughing at this. What are you thinking? Are you on drugs?
>>
>>2584409

It's probably not just picture quality. Looking at your pictures in a different medium always reveals errors you didn't notice before, just like flipping it. You're too used to looking at the picture in your hand and your brain filters these things out, but digitising when digitised your brain sees it as something new and can spot the errors.

Make a habit of viewing your painting in a mirror as you go to keep your eyes fresh, and don't be afraid to play around with it once you've digitised it, where you can more easily test out impractically radical things like making a whole limb larger or smaller, shifting and tilting bodyparts, slapping down bold shadows, etc.
>>
>>2585715
Thanks for the advice I'm going to try that as soon as I'm done piecing together my new computer. No I wouldn't be as dumb to say it looks bad because of picture quality, but when I look at the original it does seem to appear a little better. Just a little. But you're right, there are very obvious things wrong with it. I appreciate the advice, as well as the laughs. She is kinda fucked up looking. Another thing to keep in mind is that this was my first attempt at using water color and other mediums this way. It definitely affected my ability with details.
>>
>>2584505
Yeah, you're right.
>>
>>2585662
Lol no, just awkward trying to use new materials I'm inot used to. That, and I've got some anatomy to learn. I'm trying to learn here. I figured it'd be better to let people rip me one, because it is after all, just a drawing. And I know I can, and have done, better. So, glad you at least had a laugh! Cheers.
>>
>>2585555
Thanks mate, will do.
>>
>>2584104
No, this is fucking horrible. Stay in the beginner thread. Or Tumblr.
>>
>>2586829
I don't really go on Tumblr. Is Tumblr really bad?
>>
>>2584104
omfg return to fucking beginner maybe if you practice every single day in 1 year you can improve but if you are a lame ass nigga you never be good in your fucking life.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.