[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't more people of color draw? Why is this hobby crowded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: image.gif (2 MB, 340x332) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 340x332
Why don't more people of color draw? Why is this hobby crowded with just white people?
>>
>>2580793
what the fuck are you talking about, more than half of /ic/ who posted pics of themselves online aren't white
>>
>>2580793
>with just white people?

There are quite a few hispanic artists and lots of asian artists though. I suppose when you say people of color, you mean black people?
>>
>>2580793
>Confirmation bias
>>
A lot of black people draw.
Not many go to art school or lurk tumblr though.
I see a lot of black caricature artists and mural painters.
If you want to find some check insta
>>
>>2580802
>black people

Please don't use the term "black" this isn't the 50's anymore.
>>
>>2580811
go back to tumblr
>>
No nigger joke? This thread is one big bait.
>>
>>2580815
>flash me
>>
>>2580809
>I see a lot of black caricature artists and mural painters.

This explains why most murals are utter shit
>>
File: surewhynot.jpg (13 KB, 177x224) Image search: [Google]
surewhynot.jpg
13 KB, 177x224
>>2580825
>>
File: black-kid-crying-gif.gif (3 MB, 375x283) Image search: [Google]
black-kid-crying-gif.gif
3 MB, 375x283
>>2580825
>>
>>2580811
Fine, from now on, I'll call them niggers..
>>
File: 1458468968226.png (234 KB, 296x311) Image search: [Google]
1458468968226.png
234 KB, 296x311
>>2580793
this thread was posted and mods deleted it before i could post, i had a witty comment about how western society allowed more freedom of choice when it came to jobs and shit compared to other countries but fuck it. plus many ethnic families dont push kids to follow this career seriously outside of whites.
>>2580811
kill yourself.
>pic related
>>
>>2580793
There's literally no excuse. If you can't afford a 1~5$ sketchpad or a 25~75 cent pencil or pen. Then you use your genetic theft traits to steal paper from school or work. Poor people in Africa and South America are starting to have cellphones with internet. All the critical information is free and accessible on youtube or even flooby. Even we don't need to buy loomis books. There are liberal people that are dying to suck your black dicks and pussies just to say they have black friends.

Nobody needs to see your dark skin or know your name is Shaneequa or Tyrone. Nobody needs knows you're a felon or a gangbanger. You literally won't be caught in a driveby by the chiraq opps. You literally won't get arrested anything because you're not out drinking 40s with the homies at 2AM in a middle school basketball court with your hoodies on.

When you're finished playing basketball take half an hour and draw some cubes. It's completely accessible, and the "Illuminati" isn't holding you down you stupid fucks.
>>
File: rlymakesuthink....jpg (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
rlymakesuthink....jpg
15 KB, 320x320
>>2580793
>live in white country where white people are the majority
>why dont i see minorities draw
>>
>>2580862
>>2580864
https://www.youtube.com/user/LighterNoteProd/videos

This guy that /ic/ talks quiet a couple of times? He teaches at a community college where there are a lot of poor hispanics and black people live.
>>
>WHY ISN'T ANYONE BLACK???

dumblr's the most racist website of all time
>>
>>2580811
I just call them 'niggers'. Is that okay with you?
>>
>>2580802
>hispanic

Spic here. I don't know why this even matters, but I get a bit of happiness, perhaps pride, when I see a latino artist gets acknowledged, in commercial art. That means not Mexican graffiti garbage and not including artists from Spain who are European and already have a strong history of art. It's stupid, I know, but I can't lie about how it warms me up.

I'd always see Asians, Jewish people white Americans. I heard about Dan Dos Santos, but it turned out he was American with Portuguese ancestors. Then I finally saw Karla Ortiz, like man this is it, she draws well and shes a spic like me.

Too bad that they're trying to segregate latinos in America. I am proud of black, mestizo and white latino artists. You can't take that away from me.
>>
>>2580811
fuck you I like being called black
>>
>>2580793
There are more people of color on /ic/ than you think; lots of nigs, spics, and sand coons from the middle east.
>>
>>2580882
Rude
>>
>>2580825
Jesus man, what crawled up your ass?
"most murals" aren't good (granted) but I wasn't saying black people make "most murals" just that it is a relatively common facet of creative ability.

This is from person experience, which doesn't really count for shit honestly. But art is the one thing that seems to reach every minority equally.

Maybe y'all think there is a lack of black artists because you don't have any black friends.
>>
>>2580887
As a poc myself I cannot be racist to other poc. I am pretty sure it is mostly colored people being racist to their own minority group than whites. /pol/ for example isn't really mostly white.
>>
File: MeAF copy.png (168 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MeAF copy.png
168 KB, 640x480
Shitty black artist here.

I think the biggest reason is because the "black community" or whatever the fuck you call it isn't supportive of the arts unless it's singing or rapping. Most black people I know don't even own a goddamn painting.

I AM black and live in the ghetto, so no racial shit here.
>>
File: brievik meme.jpg (25 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
brievik meme.jpg
25 KB, 460x276
>>2580793
mods please delete this thread
>>
>>2580895
Hurry up and move outta' there. It's like you wanna get shot
>>
>>2580898
If I was worried about getting shot, I wouldn't go outside at night.
>>
>>2580811
>black

Bitch, calling black people 'black' isn't racist.

Racist is not calling black people 'black', for thinking calling black people 'black' is racist.
>>
I identify as a asian-black

but I'm a dog
>>
>>2580906

le I identify as a toy helicoptar maeymaey hehe so funney (-:
>>
>>2580878
I feel you. It's like how I love Selena even though she's been dead for like two decades, she was a straight up spic like me. It's nice to see one of us doing something creative and being good at it.
>>
>>2580914
>calling yourself spic
>asians call themselves chinks

this cuck behavior on this mongolian silk weaving forum makes me want to throw up
>>
File: tumblr_mq5f8nlzUw1r9q7l7o1_500.jpg (89 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq5f8nlzUw1r9q7l7o1_500.jpg
89 KB, 500x714
So I hear that Obama has managed to subjugate you lot at his slaves? That's pretty impressive. Idk about how I would feel about all that jungle bunny magic though...

Here's some hotness to try and make up for it.
>>
>>2580916
Here is everyone obsessed with black dicks and other's wifes.

>>>/pol/

you belong in there.
>>
>>2580916
Mad that you don't own exclusive rights to slurs and haven't for decades? Getting cucked out of everything now, aren't you WAYT BOIIIII
>>
>>2580793
IMPLYING NIGNOGGERS DONT GRAFFITI ART
lol
>>
>>2580895
I'm white and from an upper middle class family and I didn't learn about old painters and whatnot until I went off to college. If you can't afford college... welp. Bit of a disadvantage. Though I wonder if that has already been completely eroded by ubiquitous internet access by now.

But before college I drew constantly anyway, inspired by movies and video games, and was always supported by parents, teachers, and friends.

I've wondered if black people have a tendency to overcompensate for an inferiority complex and end up with over-inflated egos which prevent them from objectively analyzing their work, making it nearly impossible to git gud.

Black people always seem so proud. White people seem much more ready to tear themselves down. Which can be detrimental if taken too far of course. Needs to be a balance.
>>
File: top kek top kek.jpg (56 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
top kek top kek.jpg
56 KB, 960x640
>>2580916
>muh cultural appropriation
>>
Yea I draw. My nigga Mark draw too
>>
>>2580793
People of color is a very offensive term, please don't use it anymore. The politically correct term is 'people of nigernes'
>>
>>2580793
I know plenty of "colored" artist goes but as far as commercial viability goes, it's easier to be a musician or basketball player. Every city has studios and basketball courts, but not every city has art schools.
>>
If you're in this thread making racist jokes I already know your art sucks. No way such a one dimensional being could have any real perspective on the bigger picture.
>>
FLASH ME
LASH ME
ASH ME
SH ME
H ME
ME
ME
E
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 214x120) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 214x120
>>2580981

Kek cum laude
>>
>>2580981
Talk about projecting, holy shit.
>>
requirements to be a good artist:
patience, discipline, and strong work-ethic

all traits of which 9/10 black people lack
>>
>>2580953
I dunno if the pride is a black thing so such as it is a poor/poorly educated thing. Average people know they're dumb and should learn something to survive, but ignorant people think they've got life figured out because they don't understand that a world exists outside of their own.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is real and can be a bitch of a cycle for poorer neighborhoods like mine.
>>
>>2580991
This nigga tho
>>
>>2580986
No.

>>2580987
Talk about irrelevant replies, holy shit.
>>
>>2581017
black people-- because so many are poor and on constant red-alert for RAY-CIS-EM--think they're more woke than anybody and that they're constantly being sought after to oppress and belittle. When in reality the only thing halting black progress is black culture.

In AMERICA, at least, nobody else gives a fat shit about any art, film, or song by black people propagating the rhetoric of the invisible evil white patriarchy.
That's why black artists lauded by the black culture and community never go anywhere because they almost universally make things always talking about THE BLACK STRUGGLE because they know stupid niggers will just REEEE over it because it appeals to their Red-Alert culture that is beaten into them by their communities who tell them to remain vigilant and always on the swivel for RAYCISEM.
The black struggle(TM) is at best is a dead fucking horse since 1970
True, or untrue about any of the struggle, most people are tired of hearing about it. It's boring, and at it's very best makes 70% of the US feel guilty.

blacks will be accepted more in the art sphere (and in general) if they do something bold and dramatic like moving away from mainstream black culture and beat a path of their own like EVERY OTHER ARTIST WHO'S GOTTEN YUGE.
>>
>>2581114
>>
>>2581114
>blacks will be accepted more in the art sphere (and in general) if they do something bold and dramatic
>like marco
>flash me
>>
>>2580793
Can someone tell me what's the average IQ of successful artists? This translates into a person's ability to think creatively.
>>
>>2581114
>blacks will be accepted more in the art sphere (and in general) if they do something bold and dramatic like....

There are plenty that have done so and they are left relatively ignored and or the "oh yeah, that guy...yeah". As for being accepted, I don't think anyone should give a shit. The black artist should be in it for pure raw skills can cannot be matched by the common white man. They will accept by default when they see who the better artist is.
>>
Op you're a huge faggot and you need to fuck off and choke on some girldicks.
>>
Most of the concept art names are Asian buddy. Hong Ly, John Park, James Paick, Khang Le, etc etc.
>>
>>2580982
>Lash me
Kinky *///*
>>
>>2581114
Due to how this post was stylized, I just skipped right over it. If not a troll, I'm sorry you had to waste time typing all that out.
>>
>>2581114
Bitch, talk about kikes making "muh 6 million" movies.

But they have money.

And niggers don't.

Because they never work.
>>
>>2580793
muuh POC pupils. fuck off. i swear to god when you pricks call me a POC instead of by my name i will knock your teeths out
>>
>>2580793
>people of color
I WANT TUMBLR TO LEAVE
>>
Please provide evidence of your claims
>>
>>2580878
>not liking artwork based on its own inspirations and merit.
>>
>>2581130
Yeah, asians don't really count as POC it seems. They don't fit the narrative due to how well they tend to do despite being a minority in western countries.
>>
>>2581139
t. "artist" who doesn't make a living off of his "art" and spends free time talking recklessly online
>>
>>2580793
>hurrdurr i care about the skin color of an artist but i am definitely not a racist

Just get the fuck out already.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.