[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't find the drawthread link, so I'm making a thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: ede.jpg (406 KB, 1417x1063) Image search: [Google]
ede.jpg
406 KB, 1417x1063
Can't find the drawthread link, so I'm making a thread

I would like some advice on how to make the background. Do you have some ideas ?
I thought about a japanese/cyberpunk type of city who would be quite detailed (not big blocks of black or grey ink) with a big red moon behind the head of the mecha.
>>
>>2578120
Why do you create a thread for that double nigger?
>>
lol. next time, spend 30 seconds longer searching for the draw thread.
CATALOG AND CTRL+F
>>
File: 1regis0138.jpg (1 MB, 1200x791) Image search: [Google]
1regis0138.jpg
1 MB, 1200x791
>>2578120
Study some refs and use low detail in background to bring attention to the center (the mecha) - see pic related. Remember that landscapes have layers, like an onion - fore, mid and background.

But a more general tip would be to drop the excessive rendering and focus on basic perspective and the fundamentals, because if you continue this approach to learning art, I guarantee you'll end up in /cringe/ threads.
>>
Put the horizon line and vanishing point directly behind his head. Have tall buildings receding into the background with flying cars and shit zooming between them. Have the ground very far below, as if the robo man is standing on the top of a building or something, not on the ground.

You fucked yourself with the lighting, so you're not going to be able to make a well constructed lighting scheme and you're going to have a hard time doing details in the background without obscuring the mech. Good luck.

>>2578141
who really cares? There are so few threads here anyway
>>
>>2578163
stfu
>>
>>2578167
What's that? Is the giant cock in your mouth preventing you from writing actual words?
>>
>>2578151
I wanted to make something who would feel like those manga pages with detailed art like Berserk, or something Murata would pull off.
Not saying Im like them, but something insinspired by those kinds of works

I have much more fun in rendering and inking, I definitely skipped steps but I've been drawing since so much time, I never really studied.

>>2578163
Yeah, I should have done the background before starting to ink anything, but I really wanted to do this mech and couldn't find what to do in the bg
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.