[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Show me how you forshorten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: BEHOLD_THE_POWER_OF_MY_STAND_0.jpg (1 MB, 688x1044) Image search: [Google]
BEHOLD_THE_POWER_OF_MY_STAND_0.jpg
1 MB, 688x1044
Show me how you forshorten
>>
File: Photo on 6-25-16 at 7.02 PM.jpg (117 KB, 837x544) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 6-25-16 at 7.02 PM.jpg
117 KB, 837x544
like this but better, do your own homework
>>
>>2576963
>like this but better, do your own homework
im glad a broken arm is how you foreshorten.
>>
>>2576976
i'm dead
>>
>>2576933
Basically, some silouhetes suck for foreshortening, some things just can't work if the shoulder is eye level and you want the hand eye level , it might create a tangent with the shoulder and look shit, its far better to see all parts of the arm joining the shoulder and hand, in your example bringing the arm down to show the top side of the forearm and upper arm would work better
>>
File: leggy.png (116 KB, 853x725) Image search: [Google]
leggy.png
116 KB, 853x725
>>2576933
this looks like dogshit but that's beside the point
the stripes in the first picture are straight because you're looking at them head on, at any other angle they'd be curves. in the picture you posted, this is shown on that monster's arm and legs
in the second picture, there isn't any straight lines. i'm sure you can guess what's going on here. on the really foreshortened thigh, the stripes are much closer together, because it's called foreSHORTENING n shit
things also get bigger the closer they are but i'm sure you already knew that
if you wanna foreshorten something while sketching, draw a coil, it's like a much messier version
fuck anon i'm not sure why you didn't just google this
>>
>>2577094
in regards to this post

im
>>2576997

and this is what i meant when i said "show the whole form" the whole thigh is visible, each section of the leg is represented so the foreshortening works well
>>
>>2576933
Post or work
>>
>>2577805
Flash me
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.