[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I begin with drawing backgrounds and landscapes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
I legitimately do not know where to start without overwhelming myself or taking on something that an amateur like me can't even replicate

artist Rhads
>>
File: 1465900472560.jpg (783 KB, 2464x1632) Image search: [Google]
1465900472560.jpg
783 KB, 2464x1632
go outside
you LOSER
>>
>>2566206
Make studies of photographs. Start with value studies if color makes you uncomfatble
>>
get a fetish that involves epic landscapes one way or another
>>
draw your workstation, particularly if you keep it as messy as i do
>>
>>2566211
its hot and there are lots of misqeets
>>
>>2566206
The obvious answer is.....draw landscapes and backgrounds from photos or real life, duh.

It's going to be hard, you're not going to understand what you're doing and what you draw will be shit. Like everything when you first learn it.

There's no trick, just draw/paint until you understand it.
>>
>>2566216
Are you that one anon that draws giant lolis?
>>
>>2566206
Landscapes are difficult for beginners for a few reasons. The main one is they get overwhelmed by details, so focus on good simplification of masses. Rather than paint every rock and pebble, try to hint at them, or paint a larger mass combining them. Same for trees and leaves, paint the masses of the trees, not individual leaves.

The other problem is perspective which most beginners are bad at.

Once you get a hang of those two things it isn't as difficult as you may think. Using good reference to help out when you are stuck is probably necessary too.
>>
>>2566242
This. Simplification and suggestion are key.
>>
Op here, thank you for being so helpful, but I don't think I'm gonna draw giant Lolis
>>
>>2566224
This
>>
File: crab_mullins.jpg (126 KB, 968x816) Image search: [Google]
crab_mullins.jpg
126 KB, 968x816
>>2566211

There's a simpler way.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.