[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been wondering, does anybody else keep an artist diary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 1466118605741.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466118605741.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
I've been wondering, does anybody else keep an artist diary where they write to themselves on what they did right/wrong for the day and what you'll do to correct it the next day or do I just have severe mental disorder?
>>
File: 8o6kuc5.jpg (14 KB, 300x283) Image search: [Google]
8o6kuc5.jpg
14 KB, 300x283
>>2565800
Nah, sounds fine to me.
>>
>>2565800
I talk to myself constantly about what I'm doing wrong while I draw. Who's the crazy one senpai
>>
Sounds like a good idea, but what do I know, I'm really just a side of your schizophrenia, writing back to yourself
>>
>>2565800
Nah but i do make weekly schedules that i check at the end of the week to see how it played out, take that data to plan the next week. And if I'm working on a big piece I'll often leave post-its on my screen at night to remind what still needs more attention.

You probably do have a mental disorder because I sure do but hey that's why we do this art thing right?
>>
>>2565800

No OP. Time and time again we advised you not to write those things, they distract you from your real goal. Get a grip on yourself, focus and kill your own mother before she kills you like we tell you. There's little time, she'll find out soon that you know about her plans. Act swiftly. Use meat cleaver to separate muscles for bones for ease of disposal. Remember not to leave any fingernails, teeth or hair.

Act swiftly.
>>
>>2565860
I love you anon.
>>
>>2565860
D:
>>
>>2565860
my mommy won't be back until sunday
>>
>>2565860
You mean to learn all the muscles of the human body first hand?
..thanks for the tip.
>>
Nothing wrong with it.
Putting things into writing forces you to actually synthesize and keep a record of your ideas - oftentimes when it's just in your head it's fleeting, vague and easily forgotten. If you write it, you force yourself to put your thoughts into words and actually make an account of what you did right or wrong for the day.
>>
>>2565800
That is a good way to track your progress! I would also suggest posting your work on the beginner threads to get others' critiques to also include in your diary.

Unfortunately I do not do this because I don't draw frequently enough. I do keep a diary for LoL though.
>>
>>2565921
>I do keep a diary for LoL though.
kek
>>
File: 1374555041396.jpg (64 KB, 425x419) Image search: [Google]
1374555041396.jpg
64 KB, 425x419
>>2565921
>>
>>2565921
>I do keep a diary for LoL
I have one for drawing, lol, singing, health, school and life in general
>>
>>2565800
I make my girlfriend keep one

She can't do anything right LOL
>>
>>2565965
Now here we are going into ocd territory. Especially the health one.

Countdown to when you go to the emergency room with a panic attack thinking you're dying.
>>
>>2566040
Peasants don't know about my Vernichtungsschmerz.
>>
File: what.jpg (68 KB, 479x358) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
68 KB, 479x358
>>2565921
What do you even write in it
>>
>>2566067
Matchups, what I could've done, names for my tyler1 style list.
>>
>>2565878

That's what bitch wants you to think. SHE KNOWS
>>
>>2566302
I don't like you.
>>
I actually used to do that for the good part of 2015

I used it more as a record to what I was actually drawing that day, and it was short like "gesture sketches croquis cafe #132" or "painting commission for Mr X"

It was effective for me, I could see what week I was productive and it was nice seeing it being full as it became a habit.

Reason I stopped using it is when I joined LAS, I no longer had a need for it since I've been drawing everyday now and LAS keeps a record of all the drawing I've done.

(yes I am a week one)
>>
>>2566400
LAS? Is that some kind of productivity tracker?
>>
>>2566400
It's nice to know I do the habit of a week 1er. Thanks for your insight.
>>
>>2566408

Last Artist Standing. Check the thread.
>>
>>2565800

I'm narcissistic so I send emails to my friends telling them I've just read x book and I put my drawings attached.

They never comment on it so they probably dissaprove of this quirk of mine.

> Like I give a fuck, I'll keep doing it anyway
>>
>>2566040
>not sketching what exercises helps you with what pains
not gonna make it
>>
>>2566985
Oooh. Lol yeah I actually basically did the same except i just had my physical therapist write a bunch of stretches and weight lifting stuff down for me.

I thought he/you meant like

> at 14.00 I felt nauseous
> 23.00 weird feeling in my head, tumor?
>>
>>2566556
wow you sound like a cunt
>>
>>2567058
>I thought he/you meant like
>> at 14.00 I felt nauseous
>> 23.00 weird feeling in my head, tumor?

yeah, reading his message again does sound like that. what I mean is that I write stuff which I don't what to forget such as

>when trying to design a futuristic chair, don't think of it as an chair, but as a object for people to sit on
>when teaching a kid don't think of him as a child, but an adult-in-becoming
>trying to hit the enemy with just the top of ahri's q will guaranty the whole dmg of the spell is applied and also keep me at a safe distance
>be like a hearth: boom, ..., ..., ..., boom, ..., ..., ..., boom, ..., ..., ..., work your whole life, rest more than you work
>the best moment to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best moment to plant a tree is today
and so on
>>
>>2566556
You sound like you don't have any friends but there's a perfectly logical explanation as to why
>>
>>2565800
i don't but i do try to keep notes on a lot of things. although i rarely utilize them properly and forget stuff anyway.
if you can do it consistently that's probably a good habit to have.
>>
>>2565800
>does kaizen
>doesnt know what kaizen is

OP has the spark
>>
>>2565800
Great idea
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.