[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Charcoal interpretation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Original work by Blackbird-Christopher Alonso
Approximately 24" x 24"
>>
looks like a shitty magritte wannabe
>>
Keep the comments coming!
>>
He was 12, so we could cut him a little slack.. TIA
>>
>>2561977
>he
this is a place were artist and wanna artist critique themself to get better at their craft. why should we bother critiquing something which is not yours, since I don't thing you are going to tell him what we said, or the message may be screwed if you don't know what we are talking about.
>was
on top of that, why bother with something which is not recent, because that means he might have learn from the shown mistakes by now

we are not critiquing for the value of the work. for that art is subjective and everybody names their price. personally, for that piece, I would ask to be payed to hand it on my wall
>>
>>2561977
or are you his father and deciding if you should bother with holding him in an art school

really, tell us more about you
>>
He has a story...we all do. I very much am keeping him updated on his post. He is shy and that piece is the only one he is brave enough to put out there for your comments. I am family and yes, I want him to pursue his art. I wish there was more to post.
>>
He isn't interested in money. He is currently in the hospital, but recovering nicely. He asked me to support his art because no one has yet...stay tuned there is more to come for you to offer more negativity.
>>
>>2562018
>He is shy and that piece is the only one he is brave enough to put out there for your comments.
that's me a few years ago, he's aware of his shortcomings so shy about showing his work (or working next to somebody amIright) and tell him the single way to get out of this is by working, a lot, work until you feel what you work defines you

and since you are not him but somebody from him family let me tell you this: the most destructive things in my art life were:
1. no competition. I was the best in my small village by default just because I had more patience that other kids so I never bother working to improve. Everybody was telling me how good I am for my age, and having nobody to push me for greater I hit a plateau. Fast forward at the start of high school and I couldn't enter in an art one because of the ignorance I was living in, which brings me to my second point
2. my father. He made me believe there is ''no way'' you can make a living out of art and pushed me for an economics high school.

Fast forward again a few years and I hit my rebellious phase where I realize I don't want to live my life how others want me to live it and decide to switch for art. The moment I finally got out of my ignorance and realize I have to make a living.

Finished my economic high school, apply for some architecture universities and surprise surprise, I was not good enough to enter. 4 years of high school wasted, 4 years of middle school wasted (because I was the best in drawing and painting, and of my challenging nature, I focused on other classes, how I was pushed to do of course) I refused to follow an economic college.

I've been neeting for almost 2 years and then found a shitty job meanwhile I was trying to git gud, Now, 4 years later after I decided to take art as a career, I didn't took it that far, no art friends to motivate me to push more, no environment and schedule to git gud.
>>
File: tumblr_nlh635kjqH1tu1beso1_500.jpg (28 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlh635kjqH1tu1beso1_500.jpg
28 KB, 500x281
>>2562064
learn from my mistakes, and push him more. Show him awesome art made by good artists, do not tell him how awesome he is for his age, see pic related

(comment was too long for one post)
>>
btw, what age is currently at? why is he in hospital? why are you making the thread?

is he underage? is be not able to use his hands?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.