[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beginner question Ive always worked using traditional methods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: B87.jpg (851 KB, 1502x2340) Image search: [Google]
B87.jpg
851 KB, 1502x2340
Beginner question

Ive always worked using traditional methods and now Im moving to digital art. Now Im using CSP.
Ok, here is the question, I mainly work on character design, which is the "correct" or usual or most confortable way for :

>You have your nude base character.
>I Want to add variations (clothes, poses, accesories) over him.
>I want to have it in the same drawing, not like the related picture. So if I press the 'trousers' layer, it appears that and viceversa.

I tried doing so, but when I add a new layer -for example skirt-, do I have to recolor in the background color for erasing and then redraw the skin?

Is there any tutorial or something? Tips, etc

Thanks in advance /ic/
>>
>>2559657
No. That's what layers are for, so you don't have to do that. Just use the eraser tool, it will only erase the layer your working on.
>>
>>2559667
But for example, if I create skirt layer, I cant erase body layer inside skirt layer. The lines are disabled.
So thats why I have to paint the lines in the background color.
>>
anyone?
>>
>>2559670
you have to select the layer to draw/erase it
so unless the skin layer is selected, you can't do anything to the skin layer. same for skirt layer, etc etc.
>>
File: Clip_9.jpg (184 KB, 665x890) Image search: [Google]
Clip_9.jpg
184 KB, 665x890
>>2560123
Ok so basically if I have this line drawing and I want to have one layer with her 'mondo' tshirt and then another layer just with her bra (pink lines) its not possible?
Because having the bra only drawing makes me to delete her tshirt and viceversa.
>>
>>2560137
this is way too awkward to explain remotely. just get someone in person who knows how to use the program to point out the basics.
>>
>>2560137
No no no.

You have the nude body on one layer (Below everything else), then above that you make the layer with the bra drawing on it. Between the nude body layer and the bra layer you make a new layer and paint white (I chose white because your background is white.) over the areas of the nude body you want the bra to block out. The lines will still be there but you wont see them.

You do the same for the shirt layer. Make a new layer above the bra and draw the shirt. Then above the bra layer but below the shirt layer you make another blocker layer and white out the areas you want the shirt to cover.

If for some reason you wanted to have a background or image behind the drawing you can put all these layers inside a folder and set the folder to multiply. The white will become invisible to the layer behind it but still block the lines (as long as all the line and blocker layers are inside the folder. ) Then you can just make a new layer above the background but below the folder and paint in flat colors or whatever under the line layer. Just experiment around, it all depends on your style and how you like to work.

Hopefully this helps, it's hard to describe complex shit in a way you could understand.
>>
>>2560188
Or you could.... hide the layer...

The little eyeball icon, op. Click the eyeball.
>>
>>2560188
Thank you for taking the time, now I understand. Im going to put that in practice.
>>
>>2560271
You're welcome, no problem.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.