[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Illustrator alteratives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: itJT21Vl_400x400.png (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
itJT21Vl_400x400.png
31 KB, 400x400
I like Illustrator and all but it's kind of pricy. You guys know of any good drawing programs that are a little more affordable? Not sure if this goes without saying or not but layers are a must.
>>
Krita for raster, inkscape for vector. Both are free
>>
>>2558066
Seconding Krita. It's free and has a bunch of nice shit in it.
>>
>>2558060

Why wouldn't you pirate it? You're not being noble for refraining from doing so, just stupid. I'm seeing in groups like LevelUp! where people proudly state how they are saving up for software like they should get a badge of honour for it or something. It's fucking retarded.
>>
Hey not op here but doesn't like all of Adobe stuff force you to do cloud and force you to make an account now? That's why I haven't gotten a copy of it yet.
>>
Just fucking pirate it. Its price point is only really there because it's supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL tool for businesses to buy for their employees to use. It's supposed to be a cost that's covered up over time by monetary gain from using it. For individual use just fucking pirate it; it isn't as if you're going to be making art your living, right?
>>
>>2558160

Idk man but I use the CS6 version. Literally just downloaded the trial and replaced one dll. file. Boom that it.
>>
>>2558066
i tried inkscape once, but is hard once you've used to illustrator. no way to select, hide or rename particular objects. and the commonplace eps files never work, because of adobe's propietary mesh gradients.

krita, i like it, but since i've become so dependant on ps's liquify tool in my workflow, is useless to me. i don't think there's any other program with a DECENT liquify-type tool 2bh
>>
I recommend any artist who's a student to take advantage of their great student deal. 65 percent off. Minimum of 12 months though unfortunately.

I study animation, so I bought myself a wacom and subscribed to a year of this.
>>
>Ai
>drawing programm

If you want to draw vector based, you can try Mischiev.
>>
>>2558060
adobe's cc (single not suite) only cost $9-19 a month...
>>
>>2558691
This ffs, it's barely even worth the minor inconvenience of pirating anymore unless you're from some third world shit hole where $10 usd is equivalent of $100
>>
>>2558160
You can still purchase CS6, it just takes a bit of digging.
>>
>>2558714
>unless you're from some third world shit hole
i'm under the impression we're like 50% of /ic/.

why can't they implement some stratified cost policy for poor countries? is like adobe want us to pirate their stuff.
>>
>>2559396
They do want you to pirate it, trust me, my dad works for Microsoft.
Just do it.
>>
>>2558170

the quicker you realize some people are literally scared/that stupid to pirate it, the easier it becomes to see why this topic is even here
>>
>>2559396

Everybody EVERYWHERE has been pirating their stuff for decades. I'd have bought Photoshop back in the old days, if it wasn't 600 bucks.
>>
>>2559399
>Microsoft is Adobe
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.