[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KRITA 3 IS OUT YOU ASSMASTERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: gradientmapfilter.png (496 KB, 1195x741) Image search: [Google]
gradientmapfilter.png
496 KB, 1195x741
It's been out for like a week already. If you haven't, go try it! It's fucking amazing! Performance improvements, legit traditional animation tools, UI improvements and a ton more stuff that you can read about here:
https://krita.org/krita-3-0-release-notes/

It's free and open-source, you risk nothing by trying it. Tell us what you think about it after you try it!
>>
>Tell us
>>
>Tell us
>>
>Tell us
>>
>>2553097
i just installed linux on a laptop and I was looking for something other than gimp but

>Tell us
>>
>assmasters
>>
>Tell us
>>
>Tell ass
>>
>>2553101
>>2553110
>>2553126
>>2553136
I don't get this. If it's the devs, does it matter? I mean it's free, it's not like they are trying to "lure" you into giving up your precious shekels.
>>
>Tell us
>>
>>2553097
Mr master ass for you.
brb, going to test it in my lightweight distro 2gb ram laptop. I usually never had such slowdowns running programs except with krita, lets see if I can use it now.
>>
If the devs are here I'll just say that I'm a bit disappointed the animation feature isn't complete. I have a MyPaint animation mod somewhere on my computer that allows me to export my animations as gif or avi, how can something so trivial like this be missing?
>>
>>2553161
If I cannot export as gifs or avi, theres literally no point in using the animation feature, Krita Devs.
Look at TVP for how to do it please.

Also, make it so that one can use the light-table in off-peg mode, so that you can rotate and scale the previous/next frame(s).
>>
>>2553146
>does it matter?
Nope but they could do without the bullshit facade and bring it down a notch I mean
>assmasters :^)
>it's fucking amazing
>t-tell us what you think
>>
File: ULDt4n9.jpg (331 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
ULDt4n9.jpg
331 KB, 1200x1600
>>2553161
Sadly, they're not here. I'm not a native speaker so I worded the OP post poorly. I also didn't realize that /ic/ hates everything and if you like something then surely you must be a shill with vested interest even if there is no money in it anyways.

I'll make an issue on their bug tracker for this. I might just implement it myself if I have time in-between finals. Shouldn't be too hard, I've worked on something similar before.
>>
>>2553097

>Tell us

I miss the time when you could have saged threads on 4chan to oblivion. Also reported for advertising.
>>
>>2553190
I think it's must be somebody who's involved, but I wonder what cretin could write such a message. Don't judge the rest of the team on that idiot. I don't think he asked anybody if this was a decent way to advertise.
>>
>>2553161
>>2553178
I agree that this should be a feature in krita but until they implement it, if you're on linux and have imagemagick, then you can just paste this into a terminal

convert -delay 60 -loop 1 *.png animated.gif

in the folder with the animation images and it will do the magic for you. The number after delay sets the time in between frames in milliseconds and you can set loop to 0 if you don't want it to loop.
>>
>>2553198
What do you mean? Sage still works, you can even sage with an image.
>>
>>2553196
We're in 4chan dude, don't take what they say to heart. most of the shitposters are likely krita users
>>
>>2553097
if the devs are here they need to fix there shit every time I click onion skin krita crashes. the Instant Preview is nice though.
>>
>./krita-3.0-x86_64.appimage: 1: ./krita-3.0-x86_64.appimage: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
welp
>>
>>2553190

I was gonna think the same thing but it's free (as in open source) so now I don't care.

GOD BLESS FOSS
RMS FOR PRESIDENT
sage
>>
File: Stallman3.jpg (166 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Stallman3.jpg
166 KB, 1600x1067
>>2553244
>free (as in open source)
>>
I have been using krita for a long time but I don't really care so much about the animation feature. The performance increase was very nice when I tried the release candidates, I guess that's still in the released version.

Still can't setup a different brush for erasing though, which sucks.
>>
>>2553244
>>2553259
hi /g/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k51OK2PlTz4
>01:50
>11:02
>13:48
I am sold, this is now my new main program, Krita a cuty. CUTY

after 5 min of messing around I notice each time I open and close ''Configure Krita'' my first brush will be 100% opaque and have no line weight variety (sounds familiar?) but you can just ctrl+z and the next brush stroke will be ok. Also, after a few atl+tabing between programs and coming again to Krita, I lost my pressure sensibility again, but this time nothing I did inprogram changed that. Closing it and reopening solved the problem. I don't remember 2.9 Krita ever behaving like that in a few months of use.

no major stuff (restart-the-pc-to-have-pressure-sensibility-again I am looking at you) but might be flow disturbing in the future
>>
>>2553097
>https://krita.org/krita-3-0-release-notes/
>Tablet Support Yiynova

fuck yeah!
>>
>>2553455
oh, and forgot to ask

is there I way to zoom in and out like in photoshop now? where you press z and then drag around? putting my stylus down to use the mouse wheel or using the '+' '-' on the keyboard is cumbersome
>>
File: 1339804405448.jpg (18 KB, 471x347) Image search: [Google]
1339804405448.jpg
18 KB, 471x347
I tried using krita a couple of weeks ago
I could not find brushes I like, I tried making brushes that fit me but krita has so many options it become damn tiresom to experiment, the deal breaker was the blending brush it didn't actually blend, it either moved the picture or painted with an intermediated color.
>>
FUCKING FINALLY HOLY SHIT
>>
>>2553493
There are a lot of user made brush packages anon
>>
I hate how you can't delete brushes. I know I could organize them however I want, but there's so many shit brushes I just want them dead. You hear me? Fuckin' DEAD!
>>
What is Krita?

An inferior imitation of photoshop? What can it do?
I am legitimately curious. All I've seen so far are gimmicky brushes with shit blending.

Even Paint Tool Sai has a better brush engine.
>>
>>2553821
its pretty much a little bit of everything, for free.
doesn't do anything particularly well, but it does do it. for free.
it is better than paint tool SAI.
>>
>>2553886
Why not just pirate Photoshop?
>>
>>2553948
because i dont want to
>>
>>2553097
Surely the krita devs have better things to do than promote their work on /ic/ of all places?
>>
>>2553198
You know what I don't miss because it still happens? People getting banned for announcing reports.

Anyways OP, I have no need for Krita until animation exports gifs. But even then I have CSP, which is definitely better. If SAI got animation I might even prefer it over CSP. Krita really needs something extra or special (besides being free) to be worth my time.
>>
File: 1399740476964.gif (1 MB, 339x336) Image search: [Google]
1399740476964.gif
1 MB, 339x336
>>2553817
>>
>>2553097
It just stops responding and dies when I make an image. Good software.
>>
Eh, I've already been using the animation beta for months. Can't wait for sound though, there's enough money in the kickstarter for it now, it's very important for animation, and most of the other stretch goals are kind of lame, so I'm pretty confident it'll win the vote.

If you're one of the devs, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. Krita's leagues ahead any other free art software I've used, and I'm not going to shell out hundreds of dollars for Photoshop (or bother pirating it when there's such a good alternative that's legally free).
>>
>>2553190
It's free so who cares.
>>
>>2553886
maybe they should focus on one thing and make it good, instead of noodling on different things in their own separate corners.
it's time to replace photoshop as the industry standard
>>
>>2554809
oh btw someone should make a patch that replaces the shortcuts with the photoshop ones
>>
>>2554811
>>
>>2554809
>it's time to replace photoshop as the industry standard

Manga studio is probably the closest to doing that currently. My biggest problem with manga studio is I don't like the brush engine as much as Photoshop.
>>
>>2553459
i'm not entirely sure what you're asking but how zooming is invoked is configured in Settings > Configure Krita > Canvas Input Settings > Zoom, or something to that effect. I zoom by holding Ctrl and hovering the stylus above the tablet, moving the stylus towards me zooms out, moving it away zooms in.
>>
>>2553819
Everything about how brushes are created, managed, and used need to be streamlined. The brush-making UI is terrible and when you got a lot of brushes imported it's so painful to make more, it makes it so hard to understand how the various brush settings and engines work when you can't fiddle with it yourself.
>>
>>2556664
ty for the lead, found it, it's ctrl+spacebar+drag by default
>>
>>2553097
Still laggy on my old laptop.
Continue use SAI.
>>
>>2553948
I can't find a good link.
>>
>>2553161
you shouldn't be encoding video in a painting program to begin with.

just use ffmpeg: is free, does literally everything, and is what pros, including youtube, use.
>>
>>2559102
yes you should when you have an ANIMATION feature included in the package dipshit
>>
>>2559117
it would be just BLOAT, retard.

krita already allows to export losseless png sequences, which are perfectly usable in ANY video editor, so you can make a professional H264, a 4chan webm or an outdated gif.
>>
>>2559135
you shouldn't be implementing animation features in a painting program to begin with
>>
File: 笑butthurt.jpg (225 KB, 1263x660) Image search: [Google]
笑butthurt.jpg
225 KB, 1263x660
>>2559146
>>
>>2559146
i actually agree.

there's already at least one decent open source software focused on just animation. krita is first and foremost a (FREE) photoshop alternative for painters, and it should focus on:

* stability
* replicate ps features useful for painters

everything else constitutes bloat, and might become actually harmful to the project in the long term.
>>
>>2553196
she got huge eye pupils
>>
>>2559161
actually, there isnt, apart from pencil (no longer updated), easytoon (no longer updated) and plastic animation paper (no longer updated). Only reason for me to use Krita would be the animation, as what they have now shows big promise.
>>
>>2559199
OpenToonz is open source, and altought i had no idea of animation, it seems to be a pro-tier tool, isn't it?
>>
>>2559193
she's anime
>>
>>2559135
This. It can be done by literally one command in terminal, there is no point in krita actually implementing all this when there are already heavily tested open source tools specifically designed to do this task, it takes like a couple of seconds to do.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.