[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
self worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: o-WORKPLACE-DEPRESSION-facebook.jpg (220 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-WORKPLACE-DEPRESSION-facebook.jpg
220 KB, 2000x1000
Who here gets depressed because they believe their worth in this world is based on being a creative artist, and you come here and realize that you are not special in any of the ways you thought you were?
>>
File: 1463308196982.jpg (28 KB, 417x353) Image search: [Google]
1463308196982.jpg
28 KB, 417x353
>>2549271
>getting depressed because you're not a special snowflake

hahahaha really anon
>>
>>2549271
Don't try to be special, try to be exceptional.
>>
I base my self worth on my personal happiness, which is far more within my control than external circumstances such as my career or what other people think of me.
>>
I don't "get" depressed because my sense of self worth is largely founded on my artistic abilities and tastes and when measured up to the work of other's I always find myself lacking.

I've Been depressed long before I decided to art.

Sometimes I ride it out and get some good work done.

Sometimes thoughts run a muck and I can't even bring myself to touch the paper.

Sometimes I drink to soothe it out.

Sometimes I do shitty quickies for drawthreads on other boards.

Just deal with it OP.
If I can handle my shitty life AND be a shitty artist, so can you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_azCIe_0Kk
>>
File: magic_oraliens.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
magic_oraliens.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
>>2549271

Nope. I'm not your average snowflake. I'm intelligent and nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humor. I wear a Fedora ironically.

I'm special, and there's no way I'll get depressed because I do art for myself, like a real autist.
>>
That just means you have to work harder and make your work better.

Everyone feels the same way.
>>
greatness starts inside
>>
>>2549288
I wish I could do that.

But still, every evening, when I'm lying in bed, I panic about my future.

I'm fucking 28 years old and I earn less than anyone else I know.

Should I do this until I'm 60?

That's impossible.

I'm fucked, I'm starting to get legit panic attacks when I think about my future, even as I type this my heart is racing a bit and I am sweating.

My life is a mess right now, I am inferior to even completely average people at this point, because even they have a decent job, a decent income and a house and children.

Meanwhile I'm an ugly friendless loser whose only interaction with other people is via shitty art sites and a tibanese webbing forum.

If only my clients knew how fucked in the head I am...
>>
>>2549271
I used to be like that too, but now I base my self worth on whether or not I'm working hard enough to achieve my goals. Every successful person had to start with sucking, the only difference between them and everyone else is they created good habits to get out of the suck. Having goals besides art is also good.
>>
>>2553010

Get a normal job. Really, it will help.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.