[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art Prints?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: spyro-the-dragon-prints.jpg (234 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
spyro-the-dragon-prints.jpg
234 KB, 700x700
I'd like to get a few art pieces printed, but I have a few questions. I want large prints, so what image parameters are required? Do I need a certain resolution, dpi, etc? I've seen prints online made on "cotton rag". Is that the norm, or are most printed on paper?
Is there anything else I should be looking for? Does anyone have experience with Society6 prints?
If I were to make a print, where would I want to go? A Kinkos or Staples?
>>
Go to artpal dot com. On top of making decent quality prints and having the most competitive net return per print, they also have suggested pixel dimensions for different sizes. Generally though, I just try to make my smallest dimension on any piece 4000 px minimum as a rule of thumb.
>>
>>2548861
So the images do have to be very large.
Thanks.

I want to order a few X-large prints from Society6, but I don't know how large the original artwork is. I'm worries that it may come out looking pixilated.
>>
File: 6-colour-wheel.jpg (746 KB, 2092x1646) Image search: [Google]
6-colour-wheel.jpg
746 KB, 2092x1646
>>2548874
An important factor in print quality is the number of pixels per inch (ppi) used to make the print. The more pixels per inch, the finer the detail in the print will be and the sharper it will look. Probably the minimum value for reasonable print quality is 180ppi. For a better image you can go to 240ppi and for the best quality you may have to go to 300ppi.

So the math is actually pretty easy. Find out how many square inches you need the print to be, make the digital image as large as you need.
>>
>>2548853
I do prints of my own shit. If you have it at 300 dpi, you blow an 8.5x11 up to 4 feet tall with no loss in quality. Canvas prints a little darker than photo paper.

t. used-to-work-at-printshop-man
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.