[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips to get a bigger twitter following? I regurlarly get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: art_47_02_21.jpg (67 KB, 627x598) Image search: [Google]
art_47_02_21.jpg
67 KB, 627x598
Any tips to get a bigger twitter following? I regurlarly get 2-5k impressions per picture but only 5-6 of those become followers. I see plenty of peeps with several k followers is it just mileage? be at it for a long time

thanks
>>
>>2541294
Why do you want a following on twitter? Don't most artists share their work on tumblr and instagram?
>>
>>2541299
Different people use twitter. More banter.

I already have a few thousand followers on tumbl so I want to expand into new frontiers. Funneling people from my tumblr doesnt seem to work.

just looking for tips really
>>
>>2541305
>I already have a few thousand followers on tumbl
And you come here for tips? Suuuurrreee.

Top kek.
>>
>>2541335
got me bro. So I take it none here use twitter at all? guess its too social for ic
>>
>>2541342
Getting followers is the same as it is on any other platform.

Post consistently and interact with other people. Have your twitter handle visible on all your sites so people can find you. Rinse repeat for a long time to slowly build up followers via people retweeting/sharing your work. You can participate in art groups that use twitter and retweet people who post work relevant to their events. Make art and tweet it at people with lots of followers and hope for a retweet, the same sort of shit you do on other social media.

There's no trick, I'd imagine if you had thousands of followers on tumblr you'd be familiar with the concept.
>>
2-5k impressions is not that much to garner followers on Twitter. I've started to use Twitter to post art recently, and with my top few tweets getting a total of 36,000+ impressions, I've still only gained 50+ followers since.

It pretty much is mileage, though. A few of my Tumblr, and now, Twitter mutuals have followers in the thousands because they post art/contact and interact on a near daily basis. The users who don't interact but still have thousands of followers are basically industry pros, but even then, the more reserved ones only have a few hundred.

tl;dr: your impressions:follower ratio is normal; interacting and posting regularly is the easiest way to get those followers
>>
>>2541389
>they post art/contact
content*
>>
>>2541389
Sweet thanks am just posting old work and sketches there + answering questions but I'll start reaching out to other twitter dudes as well.

>>2541377
Yeah I am. But you know how it goes always looking for the shorter path.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.