[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ic/ think of conceptual art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: T07573_10.jpg (93 KB, 1536x1343) Image search: [Google]
T07573_10.jpg
93 KB, 1536x1343
What does /ic/ think of conceptual art?
>>
Mutt was the first one to do something like this so he gets a free pass. Everyone after that is complete garbage
>>
>>2540861

>Mutt

Really?
>>
I actually like it, it often provokes interesting thought or is at least entertaining to look at. I don't really consider it to be true art, but I think it's fun.
>>
>>2540815
conceptual """""""""""""""""""""art""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>2540865
my bad, Duchamp*
>>
is illastrat the next duchamp?
>>
>>2540815
Some of it is good
Most of it is shit because it's done by artists trying to stay on the top of the wave and doing whatever seems to be trendy right now (conceptual), approaching it from the wrong direction through
a) thinking they have to do something that looks like conceptual art
b) coming up with a project or a visual thing to do
c) inventing fancy art talk faux-deep bullshit for the actual concept AFTER they've gotten the idea for the work

So you get conceptual art that feels shoddy and empty, because it's actually simili-conceptual art
>>
>>2540815
>What does /ic/ think of conceptual art?

I regard it as a new Greek miracle, something which could only happens once in the history of art, is interesting to study and take inspiration from, but shouldn't be perpetuated forever. It's a thing of the past.

> Guys, it's Anno MMXVI
>>
>conceptual
>art

pick one
>>
>>2540815
Literally or conceptually?
>>
>>2540972
well he's certainly /ic/'s very own... dump champ?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.