[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the YouTube artists that are legitimately really skilled?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: youtube.png (2 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
youtube.png
2 KB, 225x225
Who are the YouTube artists that are legitimately really skilled? I know my eye isn't developed enough to tell yet, but I want to learn from the best. I know Proko really knows his shit but I've heard people talk shit about Sycra, so I want to make sure I'm learning from the best.
>>
FZD
>>
File: 1459673845223.jpg (17 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
1459673845223.jpg
17 KB, 268x284
>>2539213
here comes the feng hate shitstorm

let me get my popcorn first
>>
Feng
Proko
Scott Robertson

All I can think of, really.
>>
Jeff Watts
>>
Mark Carder is excellent but his videos are only about oil painting
>>
>>2539216
b-but he doesn't do autistically rendered hot babes on dragons!
>>
>>2539479
i think he was talking about all that feng controversy like a year or two ago about being a shady jew businessman/school is rigged
>>
Jazza
>>
File: 25.jpg (86 KB, 638x814) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
86 KB, 638x814
>>2539483
>memes
>>
What about the nigger aka Alphonso Dunn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxlgcLDCiwg
>>
>>2539501
was the nigger word necessary or were you trying to be /pol/ tier funny? and before you hog down my dick I browse pol too but you could just refer to him without racial slurs
>>
>>2539504
what he'll say to bait you: "tumblr is that way"
>>
>>2539504
>getting your knickers twisted over the word nigger
>>
>>2539509

it triggers me because I'm a nigger too
>>
>>2539510
fucking nigger
>>
>>2539510
So what?
Getting upset over insults over the internet that aren't even directed at you specifically is silly
Everyone here is a faggot cuck anyway
>>
>>2539504
The word nigger isn't any more offensive than faggot here. Most people here aren't homophobes and racists, so calm your tits. If it wasn't the person's intention to insult you, but you get offended anyway, the problem lies with you.
>>
>>2539515
>aren't homophones

No fuck off with that gay shit.
>>
>>2539504
Are you triggered, honey?
>>
>>2539520

normally I wouldn't be but I look up to that artist as a role model as there aren't that many black artists on youtube worth their salt
>>
>>2539233
>>2539429
/thread
>>
File: 1412756047301.jpg (90 KB, 477x680) Image search: [Google]
1412756047301.jpg
90 KB, 477x680
>>2539211
jeff watts, ctrl paint. most don't use youtube... most old masters don't even use computers. there's also this channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtqLEajb5DORGv4qXWzVSmA/videos
>>
>>2539515

It's really not that commonly used except on boards like /b/, /pol/ and /his/, and most the time on other boards its used in a context like "oh shit nigger what the fuck are you doing" or "this nigga" rather than "alphonso dunn is a nigger."
Just seems kinda needlessly edgy, Dunn's a cool guy, he doesn't embody any bad black stereotypes either. Comes off as "I called him a nigger, do I fit in yet?!"
>>
>>2539211
>2539211
If you can get past his eternal happiness, Sinix is pretty good, desu.
>>
File: into the trash.jpg (164 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
into the trash.jpg
164 KB, 1240x786
>>2539504

I'm that guy >>2539501

Holy shit man, you must live in USA or something to be so buttblasted. 2h after my post you are still ITT, not drawing but explaining why are you offended.

Kill yourself nigger.
>>
>>2539618

If by "you" you're referring to >>2539580 I'm not the other guy, I just think you're trying too hard to be an edgelord because you heard the cool /b/tards say nigger all the time.
I never understood the "yet here you are posting on /ic/ instead of drawing" statement when in order to fucking say it to someone you need to be posting on /ic/ instead of drawing. You're behaving like you need to sign some waiver saying "I'm not going to draw for the next hour if I hit the post button."
>>
Aaron Blaise? Anyone??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prCLBnUW9As
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OihjnwA0W8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqtnqD4jbiA

Interesting that Sycra and Proko are well known around here, while a Disney animator with hour long well-commentated process videos isn't mentioned much.
>>
>>2539515
Yet, no one ever uses any racial slurs for whites.
>>
>>2539501
Why? Are you trying that hard to be an edgelord?
>>
>>2539627
His anatomy series is really helpful, and I like his down-to-earth, direct approach to teaching.

My only gripe: USE SHORTCUTS MOTHERFUCKER, YOU DON'T NEED TO CLICK IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>WHATEVER
>>
>>2539629

>no one ever uses any racial slurs for whites

Wow, you never left your neighborhood have you?
>>
>>2539510
Ok well say roody poo from now on, happy?
>>
>>2539504
lol
>>
>>2539482

doesn't matter, he's still a good artist.
>>
>>2539501
I like this guy, he has nice little tidbits of advice to give, and his inking is really nice.
>>
>>2539482
>like a year or two ago about being a shady jew businessman/school is rigged
What's all this about? I like listening to Feng Zu, no real desire to join his school because as much as he seems to like his work it frankly sounds soul crushing, but I'm 2new2/ic/ to have heard of this.
>>
>>2539759
Just drop outs hating on FZD because they couldn't make it.
>>
>>2539766
Wasn't it teachers who already 'made it'?
>>
He's probably not the best artist but I really like watching the JettyJet show from time to time. His animu is pretty fun to watch
>>
File: white negro.jpg (5 KB, 392x240) Image search: [Google]
white negro.jpg
5 KB, 392x240
>>2539629
I like to put cheese on my white people
>>
sycra's art isn't incredible but he's still honestly got some good lectures. i like his 'making interesting poses' video, just ignore his drawings and listen
>>
>>2540310
Which lectures are good?
>>
>>2539515
>most people here aren't homophobes and racists
are you actually dumb or just super super white
the vast majority of people here are homophobic as FUCK and also racist
like are you blind bro
>>
>>2540313
How does one get over homophobia
>>
>>2540311
i like 'iterative drawing', 'manufactured vs inherent style', 'creative use of reference', 'how to caricature anything', and 'the importance of construction'
basically, his less practical-instruction type videos, more theoretical discussion yaknow? he's a smart dude and knows what he's doing, his art & skill just isnt quite there yet
>>
>>2540317
not sure what you mean
just remember that gay people are people? stop making judgements on people based on who they fuck or how they act? stop caring where other people's dicks go?
>>
>>2540329
You gotta chill breh.

I got no issue with neither 4chan being homophobic or racist nor people thinking casual homophobia and racism are bad, but people going onto 4chan and getting offended at this makes me laugh.
>>
File: bored_baby.jpg (29 KB, 455x290) Image search: [Google]
bored_baby.jpg
29 KB, 455x290
>>2540329

>stop making judgements about people based on how they act

Sorry, I'll stick to making judgements about people based on their appearance.
>>
>>2540336
i'm not randomly getting offended over people saying faggot or something, im just annoyed at that one guy's total obliviousness/stupidity.
like homophobia on 4chan is to be expected, i've gotten over it. totally different, however, is this idiot >>2539515 saying 'whaaat? homophobia doesn't exist on 4chan, people say faggot and gay as an insult but they're totally not homophobes UwU'
like how dumb do you have to be to think people here /aren't/ racist and homophobic...
basically im not getting mad at homophobia, im getting mad at this dumbass being in denial about it/defending homophobes
>>
>>2540365
>>2540313
lel gotta be edgy on 4chan, it's 4chan after all. Go back to /b/, this board does not appreciate people like that and you'd know that if you were coming here more than just over summer.
>>
>>2539508

go back to tumblr niggerfaggot
>>
>>2540519

Actually you can fuck off, I've been here for a while and over the last few years there has definitely been an increase in faggots like you thinking you're on tumblr whining about some SJW flavour of the month bullshit. For some reason you fucks think you are in the majority... Probably the Dunning Kruger effect has rotted your brain.
>>
This guy has some interesting beginner tutorials on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/FineArtEBooks
>>
>>2539211
i consider myself to be rather skilled. here's some of my work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct7DPh-TDZs
if you have a drawing request let me know
>>
>>2539211
>CTRL+F
>Dave Rapoza
>0 results

https://www.youtube.com/user/DaveRapoza/videos

he just started live streaming too
>>
No Marc?
Former Blizzard concept artist, glorious stuff

https://www.youtube.com/user/bluefley00/videos
>>
>*cough, cough* tamplier *cough*

everyone follow apterus
>>
>>2540622
based marc

sometimes can get a bit rambly but knows his shit
>>
>>2539627
aaron blaise is awesome
keep in mind though there's a solid reason he's not working for Disney anymore and i think it's because his creative is kind of dull/not very interesting
his anatomy and rendering is fantastic though
>>
>>2539629
I'm listening to npr in my subaru, we're going to do some snowboarding and we're taking the dog which we keep making weird sounds to
>>
>>2539519
triggerino knickerino
4chan is full of homophobes who are aching to finally get to suck a dick without being called a faggot
it's the hostility and secrecy that turns them on

racist though? most of not only 4chan but everybody is, people just voice it more often here
like taking a dick up, if nobody would see it, most people would take the other side of the road if you aren't white
>>
>>2539233
Scott unfortunately doesn't even post.
>>
File: 1461507193701.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1461507193701.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>2539519
And then you fuckers fap to traps all day. You guys want a big sweating dick, that's what you guys want.
>>
File: 1464570689866.jpg (58 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1464570689866.jpg
58 KB, 400x381
newfag niggerfaggots plz go
>>
>>2545252
Feng is the best for responding to every question then.
>>
>>2539501

That nigger is probably 10x the artist you'll ever be in your lifetime.
>>
Don't understand how i'm the only fucker that knows about this
https://www.youtube.com/user/Istebrak/videos
>>
>>2547280

kek nigger got triggered
>>
>>2539211
The whole "sycra is duper badd" is just everyone not being 100% on board with his pointy chins
Really if you look at his non pointy chins stuff he can make some quality work
Also not all of his point chins stuff is inherently bad.
But yeah Sycra, Will Terrell, Proko,and Alphonso Dunn off the top of my head.
>>
>>2539504
I think you're new here
>>
newfags: the thread
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.