[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about modern art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: 34.png (642 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
34.png
642 KB, 1240x1754
What do you think about modern art?
>>
File: ojboy56.jpg (113 KB, 430x429) Image search: [Google]
ojboy56.jpg
113 KB, 430x429
I think people who hate art only ever talk about what shouldn't be counted art, and you can use this as a personality test to decide who's worth talking to.
>>
>>2536498
Better than shilling on /ic/
>>
>>2536498
I think it's fantastic, and I love how much it bothers some people.
A good chunk of it takes either legitimate technical skill or enough knowledge to stir up shit with art nerds.
It's a pure form of art IMO.
>>
File: here come dada boi.jpg (91 KB, 666x960) Image search: [Google]
here come dada boi.jpg
91 KB, 666x960
>>2536895
>I think people who hate art only ever talk about what shouldn't be counted art
isn't this also what a lot of people who love art do?
>>
File: True art.png (112 KB, 500x462) Image search: [Google]
True art.png
112 KB, 500x462
>>2536498
/pol/ made money making fun of it
>>
>>2536498
I think coming to an art board and using the term 'modern art' to mean 'contemporary art' says quite a bit about how much we should even care about your opinion.
>>
>>2537523
This.

The fucking board is all garbage tier illustration and figurative.
>>
>>2537798
>the point
>you
>>
File: Stockholm Syndrome.jpg (200 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Stockholm Syndrome.jpg
200 KB, 1000x750
>>2537523
You know exactly what people mean when they say modern art, which is nonrepresentational art originating in the late 19th century that became almost ubiquitous halfway through the 20th. It may be a misnomer, but acting butthurt about the fact OP didn't cherry pick any of the 327 little shitty sub-genres of Dada-inspired dross is the only straw you're able to grasp in its defense.

I'm not personally universally dismissive of it, I often can admit some of it can have a raw aesthetic appeal. However the fact there are no real standards for it to be held to and as consequence is almost universally lauded regardless of content-and is taught in many schools often at the expense of more commercially-viable representational art is an intolerable arrangement.

>>2537798
Go back to bed gaylord Guston is wait.
>>
>>2538138
Oh I'm completely fine with people using 'modern art' as 'contemporary art' in every day conversation or whatever. A pretty acceptable shortcut. But this is an art board. We should know to be more precise than that.
>>
I'm not a fan, It's not pleasing to look at and it does nothing for me. Sometimes I think its a bit ridiculous and I don't understand why anyone wants to do it. That being said, I don't care/mind that it exist, I don't care/mind that there are artist that do it.

In other words, it's whatever, it doesn't make me mad or anything, just not my cup of teat
>>
>>2536923
That pic related is the best thing to come from that meme and I absolutely love it.
>>
>>2538187
That meme is ridiculously awfull normie trash but I have to admit that particular picture is pretty amusing.
>>
File: image333.jpg (140 KB, 854x858) Image search: [Google]
image333.jpg
140 KB, 854x858
Some of it is good, some of it is even inspiring. But a lot of times i can only think of it as the emperors new clothes.
pic related
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.