[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lumes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled.png (147 KB, 850x626) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
147 KB, 850x626
So in the panel where the guy is kind of floating - is it wrong because the horizon passes through his neck, and not his face like everyone else? Or is it wrong because his feet are built off a guy's midsection? Both, I'm guessing.

In the panel where he's illustrating "multiple planes" - I'm not gleaning any new info there. Can someone explain these guidelines?
Cuz if I'm right about the floating guy, then I shouldn't use attach midsections to heads. But Loomis is doing it here.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (51 KB, 566x452) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
51 KB, 566x452
in left-down, the only problem with the background guy is that he's slightly taller than the other guys, altought most probably the error loomis is trying to show is that sombody pretended to draw the 3 guys aligned but fucked it up.

in right-down, can't see shit, but i'm assuming he moved the height over the labeled "measuring line" to show how tall would be the guy, if he wouldn't be over the stairs.
>>
File: 4chan.ic..jpg (87 KB, 566x452) Image search: [Google]
4chan.ic..jpg
87 KB, 566x452
>>2531366

Nah background guy is too short. and so is your guy since you based his perspective hieght off of the incorrect bg guy
>>
>>2531371
sorry, but this doesn't make no sense.
>>
File: 4chan.ic2.jpg (100 KB, 566x452) Image search: [Google]
4chan.ic2.jpg
100 KB, 566x452
>>2531398

So the idea is you draw a line to a point on the horizon from the top, and bottom of a figure.

Every figure will be in perspective if he fits within those lines.

The RED line hits our foreground figure below his crotch. This should be true for our background figure as well.

But its not. Our background figure's FEET are touching the red line. He's too short.

In my image blue is correct perspective. Yellow is incorrect. Yellow is too short.
>>
>>2531416
Other anon here.

Doesn't that explanation only work if the background figure is meant to be on the same path as the one you used to draw the blue lines? Its feet are on another perspective line, so it's quite possible that it isn't meant to gel perfectly with mr. blue. No?
>>
File: 4chan.ic.3.jpg (104 KB, 850x626) Image search: [Google]
4chan.ic.3.jpg
104 KB, 850x626
And for bottom right.

He's explaining that the measuring line must extend down (from the top of the stairs) to the figure's new surface plane.

You keep the top line.

In this image Red is correct, blue is incorrect
>>
>>2531440

The explanation would only NOT work if he was at a different elevation. Like in the bottom right image.

We know he is at the same elevation because the horizon passes through his neck/chin. As it does with all of the figures.

The exception being the female who is shorter than the measuring line. Explained in the bottom middle image.

Look at the other thumbnails in the OG image.

Notice how whenever a figure breaks the horizon line, every other figure breaks the horizon line at the (appx.) same place on their body?

"Path" won't effect this system. Elevation will.
>>
>>2531416
as already said, this is true only for a line of perfecty aligned blue guys. red line can plausibly represent a different position on the ground

>>2531441
2 of your red guys are actually correct

the requirement is that for 2 guys of the same height and at the same level, the line defined by the top of their heads, and the line defined by the base of their feet, cross precisely at the horizon line.
>>
>>2531465
>red line can plausibly represent a different position on the ground

so, if it did, the only way to make that odd guy look right, would be to add a new fellow, consistent with that line?
>>
File: aaa.jpg (349 KB, 619x938) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
349 KB, 619x938
this might be helpful
>>
>>2531474
wut? it doesn't look wrong, for starters, but if you feel he does, some environmental cues should do the trick

also, for non trivial perspective, you better do it first in some 3d modeling tool, which is much easier and faster than this archaic method
>>
>>2531292
Thanks OP, I was stuck on this page just yesterday and the explanations here clarified everything
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.