[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey ic I want to help people with projects that they have or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1462564755409.jpg (44 KB, 229x231) Image search: [Google]
1462564755409.jpg
44 KB, 229x231
Hey ic
I want to help people with projects that they have or digital work etc..
how do I go about that ? I don't want to charge anyone.
>>
>>2531174

Draw backgrounds that people can fill with figures and then post in drawthreads. Even better, be total creepy asshole and after someone posts his study in very high-res by mistake paint on it.
>>
Define "help people with projects"
>>
Go to the amateur game dev threads on /vg/ and offer to create assets
>>
>>2531174
There's a few places where you can put up "hire me" threads. Deviantart forums, /r/gamedevclassifieds, /agdg/ like someone else mentioned (just make a post).

You can also take a look at the projects in these places and find some that are hiring, and offer to join. Most of them will probably be terrible but a few aren't.

If your portfolio is decent, you'll get noticed and will get a lot of offers. Again, most of these offers are likely to be terrible, especially if you're offering your work for free. At the end of the day, though, you're free to work on whatever you wanna work on.. You might want to consider offering your services for money, unless you have a strong incentive not to do so.

Why would you not want to charge anyone, out of curiosity?
>>
Would you illustrate a writefag story?
>>
>>2531381
I guess it's for getting the "work mood". I've been considering the same. I'm not the best but I'm pretty sure what I do can help many projects, as I've already helped a few small board game designers with their characters.

You don't have to work to act like you're working. You might have awesome personal projects but working with real ppl with real demands is a plus.
>>
>>2531386
Are you OP? Irregardless, would you consider posting a few samples of your work here? I might have a job for you if you like to draw characters and enjoy post-apocalyptic settings.
>>
>>2531174
Advertise yourself and post your portfolio. Make sure you're good or I would not hire you.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 637x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 637x660
Op here thanks for the advice
I'm charging for free because I want to work with people and build up experience. Working on a project with other actual people for free will probably give me experience for when I want to charge
>>
>>2531770
Post some work.
>>
File: image.png (945 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
945 KB, 1300x1300
I know its not the best but I'm willing to improve
>>
>>2531770

There was this site, it wasn't AFAIK artstation but the other one, step above deviantart. It had jobs sections and there's a lot of offers called "unpaid opportunities" there.

For the life of me I can't remember the name though. It's one of major social media for artist, mentioned frequently for various reasons by /ic/
>>
>>2531777
WOW
>>
>>2531777

Try drawthreads on /tg/ and other boards. Also upwork. And that site I mentioned here >>2531778
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 631x601) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 631x601
>>2531780
Thanks! I'll check it out !
>>
>>2531792

I remembered name of that site:

ConceptArt.org

Go to jobs section. Currently there are like 3 "unpaid opportunities" for being artist for some small game projects.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.