[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, i'm looking to get better at digital painting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Painting.jpg (693 KB, 6000x4800) Image search: [Google]
Painting.jpg
693 KB, 6000x4800
Hey guys, i'm looking to get better at digital painting and need constructive feedback from people that are not my friends or bias. Any form of advice would be welcomed, thank you.
>>
>>2529598
Stop tracing for a start. I would also try to use larger brushes especially in the earlier stages of painting.
>>
We can all tell it's traced.
>>
>>2529616
Of course, i didn't ask on the merit of the drawing in it's self, i just wanted to work on learning how to paint digitally and used a template that i traced over. I have no intentions of publishing it anywhere just looking to get better at painting.
>>
File: iBbs4IlMOsiOH.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
iBbs4IlMOsiOH.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1500
>>2529598
is that Tiffany? looks like Tiffany
>>
>>2529641
Her legs are so thin, it's scary.
>>
>>2529641
Yep!
>>
>>2529641
Good fucking eye man, i'm genuinely impressed lol
>>
>>2529598
Stop tracing.
>>
>>2529719
ok
>>
>>2529598

Pig disgusting lines, one would think that in digital you would naturally and very easily draw clean lines, but nooo, you fuckers find a way to chicken scratch even on a fucking tablet.

Also mindless tracing. If you would remake your reference with use of proper construction, it would be and read x3 better.

Someone post that YouTube link to the difference between construction in drawing and tracing and why latter is inferior.
>>
>>2529795
Thank you, i'll look the video up myself and will translate it into my next drawings without a traced reference. Much love
>>
>>2529598
Honestly man, I love how stylized and comic like your art is. I don't know if you're shooting for realistic. But I think you have a really solid thing going.
>>
>>2530516
What style? Tracing and filling in with blocks of color?
>>
>Digital
>Art

Pick one.
>>
File: gr8 b8 m8.jpg (16 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
gr8 b8 m8.jpg
16 KB, 480x468
>>2531736
>>
>>2529644
Are you from America by chance? I am a dude and my legs are pretty much that skinny.
>>
>>2529621
Ok heres your critque.

- Drawing and painting goes hand in hand, many teachers say you have to ''draw'' with the paintbrush even tho you're not technically drawing. So you should makes sure your
drawings skills are better before painting.

-Learn about how and where to use different thickness of lines cause beside the contour, its pretty much the same thoughout

-When painting the hari, pretend that its just blocks of different colour and not individual strands. Always remember when painting; start off general and simple and slowly add more detail. (preferably stuff like individual strands should come near the very end)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.