[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone explain this "art" Its un front of the local
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160515_173446.jpg (113 KB, 649x526) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160515_173446.jpg
113 KB, 649x526
Someone explain this "art"

Its un front of the local Art and Culture Musseum.
>>
It's representative of discrimination faced by the gays; it's supposed to show the big bad cishets what it's like to be "separate but equal" or something.
>>
>>2524225
if you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit
>>
>>2524225
My take on it is that while gays are discriminated against (in this case with a separate bench) other groups in society are discriminated against even worse. People are pretty aware of the issues with homosexuality and it gets brought up a lot these days, but other groups have it much worse. By making the bench so small they don't even specify which groups these are, so it applies to more things.

It might even be a jab at how gays complain they are discriminated against when they get a full bench and other groups only get a single seat.

>>2524468
lol
>>
It's about the pain of being a a gay virgin.
>>
>>2524570
>you can't be whole on your own
>there's no point in identifying as a homo if you're alone
>>
If you look at the generic acronym, LGBTQIA (this is the full one most media just does lgbt), the LG are the 'most common' while the B is demonized the T is finally being openly talked about while the I (intersex) and A (asexual) are mere whispers within the community itself.

There's also the fact of sex and gender being different and all that shit. It's a giant pyramid where the white cis gays are on top, bruh.
>>
>>2524589
And how does anything you just said relate to OP's image?
>>
>>2524594
Homosexuals = Lesbian and Gays
They're at the forefront of media attention; celebrities coming out, the 'normalization' of gay characters in pop culture.

Only until recently we have people like Cox and (sadly) Jenner that are the new look into being transgender. But we have little to no open representation of a Queer, Intersex or Asexual person in mainstream media.

Henceforth, it relates because at the top of the pyramid, are the homosexuals who get a full seat while the lessers at least get a table scrap, a partial chair because maybe if we're good, we get to sit at the kids table and eventually get a voice.
>>
Homosexuality stands or "sits" on it's own self-subscribed stigmatization, a tactic so successful that there is literally nowhere left for traditional values to exist, regardless of segregation.

I like it. simple, thought-provoking and it stimulates a discussion, proved effectively by the existence of this thread.

inb4
>why is this not a photorealistically rendered digital drawing of a superhero/animu girl/video game character?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
>>
>>2524606
>without a universal standard of aesthetic appeal, we have no way of determining inferiority
>inferiority

what? this is such bullshit. Does Beyonce threaten what Mozart accomplished? of course not. Modern art isn't in competition with realism, they are two points in a logical progression.

if you're clinging to past standards its because youre afraid of a world without them. Break some goddamn rules! youre artists for christsakes
>>
>>2526793
I don't like to think of myself as an artist. I feel so pretentious.
>>
File: Stockholm Syndrome.jpg (200 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Stockholm Syndrome.jpg
200 KB, 1000x750
>>2526793
>Break some goddamn rules! youre artists for christsakes

There are no rules left to be broken, there are only deluded and financially destroyed young adults that have been led to believe otherwise by people they're supposed to be able to trust.
>>
>>2524606
"something happened...."
Photography happened you dipshits.

What's so fucking hard to understand about that?

>>2526793
>without a universal standard of aesthetic appea
Literally the point of modern art. To create something new and without a cultural reference. The starting concept of picasso's bitches of d'avignon painting.

Concept of modern art is brilliant. The "aesthetic" of it is absolutely fucking hideous and everyone know's it. Duchamp was brilliant and did the whole contemporary art foundation of "what is art" and "the absurd". Problem is art has had no where to go for the last 80 years. Just hacks and faggots repeating the same old shit that has been done since 1920.

Art has always been pushed by technology. We won't have another real art movement until VR reaches matrix levels of realism.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.