[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am looking for the best pixel art courses since I want to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I am looking for the best pixel art courses since I want to make a medieval fantasy styled game. Any recommendations?
>>
>>2523844
Learn to draw. Then be an autistic and learn to place ever pixel piece by piece until it looks good.
>>
>>2523865
So funny I forgot to laugh.
>>
>>2523908
That's the actual answer, though.
>>
>>2523913
Learning to draw takes a fuckton of time and I dont really need that for now. I mean, I am learning to draw but it will take a few years and I need to do pixel shit asap.
>>
>>2523918
>I don't have time to learn martial arts I just need to do nunchucks shit now
>I don't have time to learn music I just need to do bagpipe shit now
>etc.
>etc.
Pixel art is drawing a picture in small res and still making it readable blown up, that's it.
>>
>>2523924
This.

>>2523844
You're a moron. The only reason the image looks good is because the artists knew how to draw. The fact he did it in a "pixel" style is irrelevant, it's his ability to draw that lets him do it, not his style.

How retarded are you? If you can't draw like this in your sketchbook how exactly do you think working in a pixelated style will generate good images for you?
>>
>>2524076
Pixel art is easier than actual drawing you fucking retard
>>
>>2524222
you should never reveal bait like this

next time make it more subtle

i'm sure you're still gonna get the (You)s but have class in the future
>>
>>2523844
It will help to know how to draw since you will still need to account for form, color theory, and lighting. Among other things too such as perspective. You can dive straight into pixel work but if you ultimately don't understand how to construct characters/environments from your head then you're gonna have a much more difficult time doing it. Plus from my experience pixel art is incredibly tedious having to place every pixel perfectly to the point that one pixel being off can literally change the look of an entire sprite. The dude who said it was autistic wasn't over exaggerating too much. It's gonna be laborious and boring as shit at times.
>>
pixel art is fucking gay
>>
>>2524288
shit posting is fucking gay
>>
>>2524309
No u
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.