[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does art do? Can I make a living with art? What kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1432266034255.png (198 KB, 423x314) Image search: [Google]
1432266034255.png
198 KB, 423x314
What does art do? Can I make a living with art? What kind of jobs can I get with art?

Probably nothing
>>
>>2521883
you are right, nothing, now go do something else
>>
>>2521883
>What does art do?
why did that make me laugh so hard
>>
>>2521929
in a board dedicated to the refinement of art skills through study, discipline, and dedication, nobody really bothered to wonder what does art do
>>
File: 5708627977_84a84a02eb_b.jpg (374 KB, 700x980) Image search: [Google]
5708627977_84a84a02eb_b.jpg
374 KB, 700x980
>>2521932
yeah in general most people don't think philosophically about art and how it effects them. its a very personal question and there's no wrong answer.

i think art fulfills us in an unexplainable way, thats why i do it.
>>
>>2521932
Wise man say... Do not ask how do art... ask... what art do?
>>
>What kind of jobs can I get with art?

Concept artist, illustrator, UI designer, graphic/logo designer, industrial designer...that's on top of my head
>>
>>2521964
and to make a comfortable living through that means always being at the top of your craft

t. fzd viewer
>>
>>2521949
It's weird because most people say that they communicate something through art, but for me I never felt that way. It's more like an inescapable impulse to draw and paint that's stronger than me. Even if I don't feel like it, I end up drawing.
>>
>>2521966
>and to make a comfortable living through that means always being at the top of your craft
that apply to 80% of profession tbqh
>>
>>2521932
It's kind of self explanatory what commercial art is used for so your question was pretty dumb.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.