[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, I need to do an impressionist portrait. I have a set of gouaches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Hi, I need to do an impressionist portrait. I have a set of gouaches and a set of pastels. Which is better? I'm not looking for a lot of detail but I want to get the face done right/similar.
>>
>>2518740
If you've never used either than pastel will be easier
>>
>>2518745
Thanks
>>
>>2518740
I suggest you start by doing studies in grayscale using gouache to see if you can get the hang of it. Same with pastels if you can.

Work on getting the likeness and values down, then start worrying about colour.
>>
>>2518826
Yeah. I need to do this right
>>
>>2518740
How many colors do you have, Anon?
If you've never used both, and you're not confident in blending, *and* if you don't have a lot of time... pick the one that has more colors.
You're not trying to learn; you're trying to produce a product. Set yourself up to make the most flamboyant thing possible.
>>
>>2518919
On both sets I only have 12. I'm still trying to figure it out
>>
>>2518740
Pastels.

With Raphael Paris brushes. I'd argue you should use flats, but that may produce a Cubist image.
>>
>>2519011
I'd be impressed if someone accidentally creates a Cubist work.
>>
>>2518740
Just throw something into deepart and copy the result

No one will know...
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.