[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trippy art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mwde4zQxHA1s5jeo6o1_500.jpg (202 KB, 424x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwde4zQxHA1s5jeo6o1_500.jpg
202 KB, 424x640
Post a picture of some "trippy art" describe what you think gives it that effect.
>>
>>2507177
i think that's more /gd/ related
try this https://fgts.jp/gd/thread/244297/
>>
File: DeadRadio.jpg (163 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
DeadRadio.jpg
163 KB, 500x708
>>2507177
I think it's something interesting to discuss so I'll contribute, anon.

I think a lot of what goes into "trippy" art are a lot of use of color as well as creating semi optical illusions or things for the eye to follow (More so than normal compositions).

This is especially true in the use of text which sometimes can become the art itsself

While I don't listen to the grateful dead, my fiance has a book of their artwork and a lot of the pictures in there are just flyers meant to attract attention to their performances.

I like a lot of work like this and find the style really fun to look at even as a sober person.

I don't know when this one I'm sharing dates to or if it's official Dead work or not but it shows what I'm talking about well.
>>
This one shows a great example of how well words become part of the artwork itsself. I think anyone looking to work in graphic design should study work from the 60s because a lot of the tricks used are good to pick apart and understand why they work as an advertisemet as well as a piece of art or something people would like to collect.
>>
File: typography.jpg (100 KB, 855x569) Image search: [Google]
typography.jpg
100 KB, 855x569
>>2507398
Derp forgot the pic. The one on the right
>>
To me this is graphic design and not art.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.