[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
carpal tunnel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1455558963862.jpg (16 KB, 371x303) Image search: [Google]
1455558963862.jpg
16 KB, 371x303
if i draw 8 hours and stretch, can i develop any hand/wrist injuries? Im really scared!
>>
>>2506583
you ding-a-ling, you posted a chart that would alleviate the symptoms/issues caused by repetitive motion. do that.
>>
>>2506585
I think he means that even by doing those, he'll only be resistant, not immune.
>>
>>2506583
Dude, everyone here is trying to making their drawings better and you're talking about if you would be injured from drawing too long?

sigh

Here's your answer:
No, you'll be fine. I draw 5 hours every day I'm fine.
>>
i'm 32, i have pressure points in my thumb and index finger of my drawing hand, recently iv been drawing with a fine brush and water color to give my fingers a break. They are still sensitive but not persistently painful. I dont think there is a remedy, that is probably why artist tend to retire/resolve to painting. I was a tattoo artist and that definitely contributed to my finger tip issues but before that, i always griped my pencil tight. Iv never had wrist problems, even when i tattoo. Good sitting posture and an easy grip, use soft pencils for your dark's instead of pressure.
>>
>>2506585
The idea is to build up the muscles to resist injury, otherwise you repeat injury and heal over and over
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.