[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One-on-one critique/discussion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: bus stop post.jpg (265 KB, 788x1014) Image search: [Google]
bus stop post.jpg
265 KB, 788x1014
I've seen the occasional group chat, but would there be any interest in trying to pair people up for some sort of longer/more elaborate feedback process? Groups/threads are good at getting diverse feedback but sometimes it might be nice to be able to discuss things in more depth.

I just finished a four year degree (not art) at a shit uni and didn't have anyone I really wanted to keep contact with. Now I've got four months to kill before I can start an actually useful technical degree, and while I draw every day I don't really have anyone to discuss it with at the moment.

I wouldn't be opposed to talking to other people about their progress/ideas over skype, chat, whatever. I'm not a pro, but it could be a good opportunity to share what I know while getting the point of view of other amateurs or students who might specialize in other things. (So by that, I don't necessarily mean the feedback that already happens here - I'm thinking of a longer cycle than posting one comment and never seeing the person again, or shitposting in a group which essentially amounts to the same thing.) Crits, discussing tips/workflows, preferences, even collabs, heck, I'll take anything.

I get that this isn't /soc/ so feel free to tell me if I'm retarded. Also other people can post here if they're looking for artists to talk to, I guess.
>>
So you wouldn't be opposed to having a friend with the same interests.
>>
>>2502213
I'd like this, I always feel as if my art is never good enough and I really just want a person with a trained eye that I can show my drawings to

add me on skype - teais.delicious
>>
>>2502220
I was told 4chan was the best place to make friends.

>>2502227
Added.
>>
[email protected]
mail me
>>
I'd be up for this too but I'm super beginner af desu
>>
>>2502588
I'm sure there's other beginners that'd be interested in talking with you. As long as you're diligent with your studying I do believe you can share/learn from others, even if they're starting too. Being able to follow someone else's learning process is pretty insightful (as long as you recognize they can be fallible, but heck, you don't need to agree with every technique 15+ years pros use either).

Anyway if we do contact each other (or are hoping for others to contact you) it'd probably be better if you all posted some of your art and explained a bit what you do/are looking for.
>>
>>2502603
Do you mean post here? working on smth rn that I'd love some feedback on (also happy to add people on skype but I can't promise I can give very constructive feedback)
>>
File: sarn.jpg (733 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
sarn.jpg
733 KB, 1800x1200
>>2502610
It'd be nice if people could indicate what they do rather than flat out posting an address/username with nothing attached. What I intended is that people could pair up with artists that interested them, either because they were at a similar skill level or had different specializations/expertise that they could share.

OP here, for example I do concept art, environments, a little bit of characters/creatures, and also 3D (mostly hard surface modeling but having a 2D background can be helpful in 3D and vice-versa). I pretty much do a little bit of everything and like everything, but recently I've been more interested in talking to people who do a lot of character design because it's a field I never really touched (and should have).

I think it's generally better to have an idea of what to expect from the person rather than heading in blind and realizing they're someone you wouldn't really be interested in having art discussions with in the end.
>>
>>2502634
OP you sound like someone I'd enjoy talking to because you do everything I'm currently interested in and slowly working towards. I'm currently working towards understanding anatomy in better detail and character design, because I'm hoping to bring my own stories to life on paper (computer?) in a few years. Like I said, still a beginner so I'm not sure I could offer you as much help as you'd like, but if it piques anyone's interest, I dissect cadavers every week which helps with anatomy
>>
>>2502634
Also interested in making my own game one day, hence wanting to focus on concept art, environment art and especially character design.
>>
>>2502641
Med student?

Anyway my skype/messenger is [email protected], feel free to add me if you want to have a chat. Don't worry about not being sure if you could help much, it's fine.

Email guy can also shoot me an email, I'm not much of an email person myself so I have no idea what I'd write, but if you write me I'll try to write back.
>>
>>2502654
Biomed student specifically, but awesome, added! Will drop you a message shortly
>>
>>2502654
Just to clarify, yours is the one with the fox, right?
>>
>>2502659
My skype icon should be a cat with a piece of bread around its head. It's not displaying on my machine rn though so it might be nothing.

I haven't used my personal skype account in a while so sorry in advance if this fucks up.
>>
>>2502661
Added (hopefully), icon isn't showing up so I went in blind
>>
>>2502661
just in case, mine is [spoiler] [email protected], it's horrendous because I made it when I was 12 and use it as a throw away[/spoiler]
>>
File: MarauderXLWeb.png (901 KB, 1000x1004) Image search: [Google]
MarauderXLWeb.png
901 KB, 1000x1004
I'd love to have a chat about art. I am not a pro but pic related is what I drew recently.

say you're from /ic/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.