[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What art program does everyone use here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1x16_Altar_Egos_(14).png (959 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1x16_Altar_Egos_(14).png
959 KB, 1440x810
What art program does everyone use here?
>>
GIMP, the best out there.
>>
Krita and sometimes good old photoshop
>>
Photoshop is the industry standard and LITERALLY the only tool you will need, I'm tired of these threads.
>>
>>2497720
Photoshop for drawing, backgrounds, etc.
Krita & Open Canvas for line art.
TVPaint & ToonBoom for animation.

Like Anon said though, Photoshop is all you'll ever need, it can even do animation.
>>
clip studio paint is decent if photoshop is out of your price range but photoshop is pretty much the best
>>
MS Paint
>>
>>2498047

thank you. this.
>>
cloudalpaca because photoshop was freaking out
>>
>>2497720
Check the catalog before making your own thread.

Clip Studio Paint on Windows and GIMP on Linux. Shotwell on Linux for organizing images.
>>
gimp when i'm too lazy to pirate photoshop
>>
Halo 3 forge
>>
Photoshop whenever I have access to it, Sai the majority of the time since I'm stuck with a dying laptop that can't handle anything more intensive. Really gotta get around to building a PC.
>>
>>2497720
Procreate and Illustrator on iPad, Illustrator on computer

Stopped using photoshop a while ago when I saw how much better clip/MS brushes were, haven't really checked in on it since but I hope it gets the update it deserves one day
>>
I want to like Krita but I keep going back to photoshop.
>>
tvpaint. It's an animation program but it can do most of what PS does plus it handles large canvas sizes like theyre nothing
>>
clip studio paint
>>
Adobe flash
>>
File: TOP10.png (509 KB, 747x594) Image search: [Google]
TOP10.png
509 KB, 747x594
As long as it looks good, who cares? Yeah, Photoshop is the best but talent matters more, honestly.
>>
>>2499350
Why are you even posting in this thread
>>
I've been using clip studio for awhile, but the paint brush is absolutely awful.
Am I doing it wrong or does it just suck at painting?
>>
>>2497720
Sketchbook Pro 7.
>>
>>2499350
Great post.
>>2497720
CSP5
>>
Workstation: Photoshop CC
Sketchpad: Procreate
>>
>>2499374
CSP's brush engine is great, the problem is probably you. Click the wrench in the bottom right of the tool properties window to change the brush settings. The infobox even tells you what each option does when you mouse over it, and you can always go back to the defaults with the click of a button.
>>
File: ol man richie.jpg (13 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
ol man richie.jpg
13 KB, 250x244
>this thread
>>
>>2498561
You and me both
>>
Anyone know if Huion tablet pens work with Monoprice tablets?
>>
>>2499575
Thanks for the contribution.

As far as I'm aware the only art software that is open source and usable is Blender, but that's /3/ territory.
>>
>>2499575
The good software costs money because people have poured easily over 100,000 hours of man power into it.

Every open source drawing software flops because it's too complicated for people to spend their free time on and make something good.
>>
paint.net
>>
File: all.jpg (328 KB, 1596x1059) Image search: [Google]
all.jpg
328 KB, 1596x1059
Sketchup for 3d and photoshop cs5 for paintin.

No need to use anything else.

before I knew how to use sketchup I used half life 2 hammer editor to do environment block outs huehuehue
>>
>>2499572
Aight thanks anon. I'm a bit used to simpler software so haven't ever had the need to change anything not in front of my face.
>>
>>2499589
Just FYI free software doesn't mean done for free. It just means the code is out there for everybody to use and manipulate.
There are companies that do free software, University professors also do large amounts of free software work.
A full on art program is beyond what any of them really care about though for the most part.
>>
>>2497720
krita
it is goat
>>
>>2498075
photoshop is shit compared to sai or csp when it comes to color mixing engine.

clip studio paint is my personal pick, because no other program has a velocity setting that affects brush strokes.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.