[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ART MURALS AT UNIVERSITIES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Guns & Roses.jpg (99 KB, 1038x576) Image search: [Google]
Guns & Roses.jpg
99 KB, 1038x576
>Post your art murals from uni

http://claremontindependent.com/student-senator-picture-of-gun-is-a-threat-to-black-mental-and-emotional-health/

“It’s truly in bad taste to have a large depiction of a gun in a dorm space—especially when students of color also reside there... Now let’s imagine there were countless videos of white teenagers, white teenagers that look like you, or your brother or your sister, get shot to death by police officers. Imagine scrolling down Facebook everyday and seeing a new video of the same thing, over and over again. Really put yourself in that headspace. Then ask yourself whether it’s the brightest idea to have white teenagers, who have a very real fear of getting shot, see a large gun every time they want to get food from the dinning [sic] hall.”

“My Black Mental and Emotional Health Matters. I shouldn’t be reminded every time I leave my dorm room of how easy my life can be taken away, or how many Black lives have been taken away because of police brutality. This is emotionally triggering for very obvious reasons. And if you want to belittle or invalidate by [sic] black experience, I live in Atherton, come thru, let’s have that idiotic conversation.”

[The artist] plans to modify her mural. “I spoke with Gregory earlier and we agreed on a modification that preserves the integrity of the original piece while avoiding any potentially triggering content—it’s a change I was absolutely happy to make in the interest of creating a safe and inclusive environment for everyone in my community... I have absolutely no right to decide whether or not my artwork is offensive to marginalized communities—nor does anyone else in a position of privilege, racial or otherwise.”
>>
>>2497428
Holy shit how fucking sensitive can someone be
>>
hahaha let these premadona's wank each other of. they'll amount to nothing in 5 to 10 years.

work hard to rise above this level of mediocrity we seem to find ourselves in. the incredibles foretold this.
>>
File: 1459904144723.png (591 KB, 750x650) Image search: [Google]
1459904144723.png
591 KB, 750x650
It's a gun, it suppose to be triggering.
>>
Reminds me of an article I read in the NY Times about a college in Ohio. The article was about black students demanding "traditional meals" like fried chicken. Demanding black-only spaces. Etc. I had to double check and make sure I wasn't reading an article from the Onion. Demanding to be segregated and associated with fried chicken? For real? lol...
>>
>>2497428
I wonder if that black girl cries whenever she sees herself in the mirror because it just reminds her of all the black people killed by other black people.
>>
>>2497428
our next generation are FUCKED
>>
>>2497428

I am indeed triggered by that gun. Looks like someone took some vector art and accidentaly squeezed it vertically before printing the reference for the projector. You had one job...
>>
>>2497428
And people wonder why Trump is getting so many votes.
>>
>>2497428
That butt, though.
>>
>>2497428
The only person capable of holding that thing either has very small hands or very big and powerful arms
>>
Roses trigger me because they remind me of Love, and I never had someone love me. *triggered tears rolling down my face*
>>
>>2497428
>especially when students of color also reside there
Doesn't it sound racist?
>>
>>2497511

The wall clearly isn't vertical. You blind, senpai?
>>
File: 1447629977981.gif (658 KB, 280x212) Image search: [Google]
1447629977981.gif
658 KB, 280x212
>>2497477
This.

Just keep working hard and remove yourself from drama and things will always turn out okay.
>>
>>2497445
They aren't sensitive, they are professional victims. Victimhood is a commodity and a form of power in our society. It allows you to boss around people, change rules, change the behavior, get artworks removed and words banned. It doesn't even matter if those rule changes benefit them - people get off on power, especially narcissists.
I don't know why it is so hard to see through this for people.
>>
>>2497428
dat ass would trigger the black kids more than the mural
>>
>>2498033

for a white girl that's not bad
>>
this is a shitty mural anyway tho
>>
File: 9375njfergj7.jpg (13 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
9375njfergj7.jpg
13 KB, 300x250
>>2498028
>people get off on power
yeah no shit. white people have been getting off on it for a long ass time in almost every possible way, but black students in the US feeling uncomfortable about a massive gun mural is TRUE hunger for power... give me a fuckin break

the ~minority victim complex~ that apparently is such a source of power is just white people assuming they started the race at the same kick-off point as everyone else. If you perceive different groups as greedily grabbing at power when they're actually just taking one step towards you to catch up, you're the one getting off on power. "I don't know why it is so hard to see through this for people".
>>
>>2498497
Hey, fuckface. Go back to

T U M B L R
U
M
B
L
R

And leave us all in peace from your idiocy.

thx m8
>>
>>2497428
Oh, look. Liberals drawing guns without looking up a reference or knowing anything about them.

Great.
>>
>>2497428
>>2497428
I'd pull my trigger in sight of this ass point blank any day every day, pumping my hot load all over that cheeky butt cheeks, giving them the icying they deserve, they literally were made for, tbvfh senapai fuams
>>
>>2498650
that's fucking disgusting m8
>>
>>2497428
AHHHH OP SPOILER THIS PICTURE IM TERRIFIED OF LOOKING AT PICTURES OF GUNS AND IM TOTALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW YOU ASSHOLE

haha but really these people exist
>>
why does it have such a short handle, fucking stupid
>>
>>2498754
Who fucking cares. Look at that ass.
>>
>>2498754
It's to trigger >>>/k/
>>
>>2497785
What the fuck are you talking about? Of course it is vertical
>>
>>2497428
That gun is disproportionate as fuck, and the stems are too thin and without prickles, and those leaves scream symbol drawing.
She needs Loomis
>>
File: 1460682695588.jpg (39 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
1460682695588.jpg
39 KB, 627x626
W00 lads this is great rant material

Point uno
First of all, I am bias about murals, because I think they are all bad,( please show me a great one). But the cringe handle? This is only redeemable through really good color shading, and it actually looks like she's got it on the flower petals.

Pointy too
The only way Donald Trump can make Merca' G8 again, is if he gets rid of all of these weak Americans who want to; commit suicide after breaking up with someone, break down at the sight of guns, want to riot at every little racist thing thing that happens l, get body cameras on police,(which will actually fix everything), and kill off everyone who's just too sensitive.

We need a new Hitler to make Merca' G8 again!

Oh yea and a concentration camp for ferries... jk XD
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.