[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A pair of eyes drawn constructively and in correct values
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
>A pair of eyes drawn constructively and in correct values will appear to be a live because of craftsmanship, not because of the artist's ability to read the sitters soul
>-Loomis

Is this true? How am I going to get girls to sleep with me because I am deep if I am little more than a glorified plumber.
>>
>>2496861
>>2496861
it is true. By not telling them the truth.
>>
>>2496861
yes, that is how it is.
it's all technique and knowledge.
as far as i know, the only things related to spirituality in art are motivation, satisfaction and subject matter.
>>
>>2496861
it's all about perception
>>
>>2496898
*deception
>>
File: 02806102.jpg (46 KB, 327x400) Image search: [Google]
02806102.jpg
46 KB, 327x400
>having a existential depressive episode
>this thread

EVERYTHING IS BULLSHIT
NOTHING IS THE TRUTH
>>
>>2496954
What is this facial expression trying to convey?
>>
>>2496965
Loss
>>
If you want to get into the deep soul trade then write a self help book and/or become a guru.

Or... you know... get over trying to be "deep." Its a lot of time wasted.
>>
>>2496965
Syphilis
>>
>>2496987
kek/10
>>
>>2496861
Drawing and painting with construction, values, anatomy, perspective, edge control, color theory, etc, is all the craft. And this is all vital for success. However, this all lacks creativity. The ability to design characters, tell stories, and build worlds. The ability to take the craft and distort / interpret it in new and unique ways. This is when the craft becomes art. This is the difference between artists and plumbers.
>>
>>2496861

Sitter, not shitter anon. I think you're getting confused
>>
>>2496861
Even if you tell them the truth, they will still be convinced that your genes are superior and will want your semen. Most of them believe in talent and magic and nothing will convince them otherwise because the pretty ones never have to put in hard work for anything.
Enjoy the pussy.
>>
>>2496932
yeah sorta. But are you deceiving someone if they're quietly making an assumption about you?
>>
>>2496954
>existential depressive episode
Ugh, don't be so weak. mental disorders are a meme-lie that we've fed the last two generations to facetiously relieve them of responsibility, thereby turning encouraging docile consumersim.

Embrace your anguish. Go study capital markets, the order book, globalization and how economics is the modern battlefield in which to dominate your fellow man as nature intended. No longer will you find your existence meaningless.

Also, draw from life to continue cultivating a soul to share with those whom you bestow with the glory you reap.
>>
>>2496965

Loomis.
>>
>>2497137
grow up
>>
>>2496965
i think he's pretending to be upset but he wants to see if anyone is paying attention to him so he's risking a peek
>>
>>2497027
Don't underestimate plumbers, they hunt ghosts and jump on dragon turtles.
>>
>>2496954
I am in the same boat but this thread isn't new news? You though you could get better drawings with feelings and not technique?
>>
>>2497402
damn anon this made me laugh
>>
Tried explaining this to people and failed every time. At this point i just pretend to be Ubermensch born with magical talent. Easier to sell my shit if plebs think I'm special.
>>
File: Loomis.jpg (463 KB, 697x700) Image search: [Google]
Loomis.jpg
463 KB, 697x700
>>2496861
>implying Loomis was actually able to capture life in his paintings
Loomis' work suffered from trying to put rules on everything. His work is stiff, lifeless, and lacks emotions. Pic related, probably the most insincere way he could have handled the scene. Following rules of form and value perfectly just makes a 3d model, which everyone here can agree has less life than that of a good painter.
>>
>>2500042
says you.

that painting is beautiful.
>>
>>2500046
confirmed bad taste
>>
File: 笑butthurt.jpg (225 KB, 1263x660) Image search: [Google]
笑butthurt.jpg
225 KB, 1263x660
>>2500047
>>
>>2500042
All I can focus on in this painting is how gorgeous the fashion of that era is. It's sharp, clean and simple which I adore
Also I like the colors he uses
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.