[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, I am color blind, so I have a lot of issues matching colors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: after3.png (2 MB, 1575x940) Image search: [Google]
after3.png
2 MB, 1575x940
Hi,

I am color blind, so I have a lot of issues matching colors in photoshop, or making natural looking color gradients.

I am trying to learn how to recolor stuff, so I would like to get an opinion on how this looks.

Does it look okay? Passable? Bad?
>>
File: b and w.png (941 KB, 1575x940) Image search: [Google]
b and w.png
941 KB, 1575x940
>>2489124
in Black & White so you can see the levels and brightness without the color information.
>>
File: before.png (2 MB, 1575x940) Image search: [Google]
before.png
2 MB, 1575x940
>>2489127
And finally, the original.

So? Am I fucked when it comes to picking natural colors?
>>
>>2489124
OP, you should check this out: http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/color-constructor-pt1

The guy who created it is colorblind, it was originally to help him power through that when painting. He also has a blog where he talks about dealing with colorblindness when painting, but I lost the link.
>>
File: Compare.jpg (3 MB, 1575x1880) Image search: [Google]
Compare.jpg
3 MB, 1575x1880
>>2489124
Fairly significant differences.
Top is you,
Bottom is original.
I suggest doing altering the image properties in photo-shop.

In mangastudio they call it tonal correction and you can adjust brightness, hue, saturation etc.
Turn it to a point where the contrast is maxed and trace the locations where the value changes.

Then label each location with the RGB value. After that create a gradient that represents the change in color.

This is my theory at least. Not RG colorblind.
>>
>>2489169
Does it at least look like it could be a real person's iris based on the colors?

>>2489163
That looks really useful and cheap. Thanks!
>>
yo bro I'm color blind as fuck.
Usually I finish a whole project and then show it to someone and ask which colors are wrong. I'm a designer though who uses illustrator so we have a fancy little "edit colors" button that lets us change any color pretty fast. Not sure if photoshop has the same thing.
>>
>>2489177
Sure, It's round and it's gray with some brown in it.
But you didn't come close to representing its characteristics.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.