[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I hate my drawings so much? Why am I scared to start drawing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 5968872.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
5968872.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
Why do I hate my drawings so much? Why am I scared to start drawing something and always expect a failure?
Hepl
hELP
>>
>>2479844
Get used to it.
>>
>>2479844
quit fucking crying

you can only draw terribly to know why you're terrible and that translates into getting better

by that logic, it sounds like you don't have the mindset so drop it already
>>
>>2479844
The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried- Adolf Hitler
>>
>>2479844
week one?
>>
>>2479848

This.

You'll probably never reach a point where you like every drawing you do, most artists are always their biggest critics.
Eventually you'll get enough confidence that even if you don't love all your drawings, you'll know they're better than they were a few months/years ago.
>>
>>2479844
1. You have the taste and eye to recognize that you fall very short compared to where you want to be
2. You're afraid of failure despite knowing that it's inevitable

You have to accept that you will fail, and rid yourself of the shame and negativity you've attached to it. It's okay to fail; study and learn from your mistakes. Accept it, forgive yourself, analyze it, and try again. That's how it is in any discipline like this.
>>
>>2479844
I had major issues with drawing before I realized that even if I suck at it, I will still have the urge to draw, so I might as well do it and satisfy that urge if nothing else.
>>
>>2479844
This is most likely reflected in your life as well. You don't try because you're afraid of failure. You always make excuses for yourself. You will never reach your fullest potential this way.

Do you want to be forever shit, or do you want to become the best you possibly can.

Fail your way to success.
>>2480037
Don't ever forgive yourself or make any excuse. Push yourself as hard as you can. Get used to it and suck it up faggot. Guilt yourself if you have to, all that matters is getting good.
>>
>>2480128
Powering yourself on self loathing might work for the short-term, but accepting that you're not as good as you want to be is not the equivalent of putting yourself through the wringer just to squeeze out a little motivation out of self-spite. Ultimately, it's more destructive than constructive.

The masters got where they were because they had a love for their craft and their practice, not because they vehemently hated themselves every time they approached a canvas.
>>
>>2479888
Third year
>>
Fucking shit I dont want to be shit. I'm gonna draw like a fucking man dammit.
Now that I realise it, I might become a wasted talent if I keep going this way. Im going to burn in hell if this happens. I have the eye, I have the ligameme.
Lets fucking go!!!
Thank you guys
THANKS
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.