[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Krita Drawing Challenge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
There's a monthly drawing challenge on krita forums guys. Not many people contribute there so how about we help them out and contribute?

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=131984

Krita is an awesome piece of software and I think a couple contributions could show that we appreciate them. Even if you don't use Krita, having open source competition makes the devs of paid software work harder and provide more tools to justify the costs.
>>
I don't use Krita but I may think about it.
sell it to me
>>
>>2478735
photoshop runs as smooth as butter on my pc but fucking krita takes 10 seconds to render one line for me and im not even exaggerating
>>
>>2479668
Had this problem too a while a ago.
Out of curiosity, what gpu do you have?
>>
>>2479668
Im running Krita on a shit-top and its smooth as butter as well now.

They changed the rendering engine last update. So when did you last use Krita?
>>
>>2479675
nvidia gt730 which i got a while ago because i needed nvidia card for some work, krita didnt run properly on my old card as well but that was some ancient ATI
i have old computer and i think krita gets bottlenecked by my CPU while photoshop is more optimized or something
>>
>>2479663
Its JUST painting.
Really if you're using photoshop for painting right now try Krita. I mean you wont have any advantages, but you wont be disadvantaged either.

Anything to hurt Adobe immarite?

Oh, anyone know when Wacom's patent on Electromagnetic resonance for powering pens runs out?
>>
>>2479677
i have the newest version
i keep checking if it works every now and then because i like the W key feature a lot
>>
>>2479685
Play around with the render preview settings.

Also make sure you aren't stabilizing your lines.
>>
>>2479684
I use sai. how different is krita compared to sai?
Can I paint stuff like >>2479207 ?
>>
>>2479683
Try turning on/off the OpenGL rendering in settings. I had the same problem and after I turned it off it works like a charm. And I have a weaker GPU than you.
>>
>>2479684
patents are cancer
>>
>>2478735
Krita's mascot does all sorts of beautiful things to my dick
>>
>>2479775
>>2479689
i tried all the settings
i could always install it on my work computer but i dont want my coworkers finding out i do art
>>
>>2479668
Toggle the OpenGL setting if you haven't already. I use krita on a craptop and it's fine.

Also, it's worth noting there's a new rendering engine being developed, it's built with a different rendering paradigm in mind that allows the engine to display realtime visual feedback for brush strokes of arbitrary size without lag, the only thing that mattered was how much screen real estate the brush cursor occupied, the actual size of the brush didn't matter anymore (with regards to visual feedback at least).

You can try the new engine in the latest 3.0 beta build, but it's unstable, the engine chokes hard if I want to resize my brush really big.

>>2479684
I'm fairly sure their patent already did run out, hopefully at least.
>>
>>2479789
oh i only have 2.9.11
guess ill give it a shot
>>
>>2479789
>https://krita.org/item/krita-3-0-first-alpha-release/
>>
>>2479791
Full release is planned near the end of April. HYPE
>>
>>2479789
>>2479816
sweet, looking forward to it
>>
bamp
>>
>>2479684
http://www.google.ch/patents/US8102382

Given the fact that patents run out in 20 years... 4 more years.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160409_212626.png (865 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160409_212626.png
865 KB, 1920x1080
What I wouldn't do to that squirrel

https://krita.org/item/krita-3-0-first-alpha-release/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cpy7L6lob8
>>
File: 1438738598509.png (133 KB, 1024x717) Image search: [Google]
1438738598509.png
133 KB, 1024x717
I want to try krita but I don't have brushes.
I know photoshop brushes work with krita but what should I know before looking up for brushes?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.