[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Artist Wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
I am looking for an artist for a project I am working on. At first, you will just draw characters from Square Enix Games, but I do have some originals as well. To start off, I want someone to draw Sora from the Kingdom Hearts series. I do ask that you leave an email address so I may contact you if I like the artwork. Something along the lines of this image, but at the same time makes him look bad ass.
>>
Is this paid?
>>
That will be discussed in more detail of I like the work, but most likely yes.
>>
>>2476480
What kind of thing is it? A visual novel/dating sim?
>>
This is a bit of an Turn Based RPG, but not 100% . Think of Final Fantasy controls with a smash bros size cast of characters. Again, more details will be discussed with whom I feel is the best. Not that the others are bad, but who I want to work with. I will give it about a week, then decide.
>>
>>2476489
Thats not how it works op. It's either paid work or gtfo. That's the rule.
>>
Nigger wants free work..maybe just maybe he will pay.
>>
>>2476480
You just might pay? wow.......
>>
I never said I wasn't going to pay.
I said I would discuss it with who I felt was the best to work with. The payment would be discussed later. That is why I asked for an email address. If you have any good questions, ask. If not, then please try and be nice about it.
>>
>>2476734
You said you most likely would Pay. Of course you'll get reactions like these. No one likes to work for free and this is not the place to be vague.
>>
File: embarrassing idea guy.jpg (674 KB, 526x1677) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing idea guy.jpg
674 KB, 526x1677
>to start off I want someone to draw Sora from the Kingdom Hearts series

Despite what you've said elsewhere in the thread, this is soliciting for free work; you saying you "might pay" for other work if you "like it" after the fact doesn't change that.

>artist wanted
>Smash Bros size cast of characters

Is this a joke? Does /ic/ finally have a millionaire benefactor?

Also, I distinctly remember a very similar bait thread about a very similar subject being posted last year (it might have even been the day before) asking for a drawing of Sora. Kill yourself, my man.
>>
I was not aware of any of this bait and I do admit I worded it wrong earlier. And I am not a millionaire, just someone working on a project. I really don't plan on making money off of it, but some of that is TBD. If you are not interested, then don't submit anything.
>>
File: Новый 1323123Хо33лст.jpg (615 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Новый 1323123Хо33лст.jpg
615 KB, 1500x1500
>>2476480
30 mins, i like sketches
skype - opsssss_7
cant voice in engloich
>>
>>2476768
you're an idiot
>>
File: 1459734611310.gif (924 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1459734611310.gif
924 KB, 500x281
>>2476756
>I was not aware of any of this bait and I do admit I worded it wrong earlier. And I am not a millionaire, just someone working on a project. I really don't plan on making money off of it

You need to reevaluate your priorities. You should want to make money off of whatever you do (especially an otherwise completely unrealistic fantasy passion project). I know I told you to kill yourself but in all seriousness it's like Stephen Silver says; "art is my life, and my life has value", the same goes for whatever your particular passion is like coding or whatever. Have a little self esteem; don't be afraid of success.

If you want to make a game of some sort you're going to have to start WAY smaller, though.
>>
The reason I am on the fence about money is due to Copyrights. This is more a showcase of what I can do. The exact details and some originals that I need I will discuss more privatly later. If you want in, show me what you can do.
>>
>>2476480
>>2476808
I think what OP needs to be asking for is portfolios (as in examples of people's existing or previous artwork, that would demonstrate that they have skill and might be the right fit for the job)
>>
>To start off, I want someone to draw Sora from the Kingdom Hearts series. I do ask that you leave an email address so I may contact you if I like the artwork
>Think of Final Fantasy controls with a smash bros size cast of characters
>I really don't plan on making money off of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWXYoD7wfOs
>>
The portfolio might be a good idea. I just choose Sora so that whoever I selected had an idea of the type of characters to start with. Just give me something and we will see where it takes the thread.
>>
I know people here are eager for work and the rules allow for freelance hiring, but protip, if you want to commission someone for art, the last place you do it is on a forum where everyone is Anonymous and anyone can take your name for posts.

Reddit, DeviantART forums, Craigslist, probably even ArtStation or ConceptArt.org. But not here.
>>
I see your point. I was considering the same thing. I might have to do just that, but we will see what the thread turns up.
>>
OP you seem like a fucking cunt. If nothing else you've made people aware that you are not going to be professional nor pleasant to work with.
>>
>>2476872
Fuck off dude, no one's gonna waste their time trying to impress you.

You want to recruit artists for a project show us that you actually have some skill. Previous work etc. If you don't have any background or previous project experience than you better offer cash up front.

2nd you're a mook who doesn't understand the value of an artists time so automatically who the fuck would want to work with you?

What makes you think you have the authority to hold auditions in /ic/? This better be some high quality bait.
>>
>>2476880
>>2476889

mah niggas
>>
>>2476768

Did he contact you yet or is he just a big faggot?
>>
You know what, forget this, I will just take my offer off the table. The other R was right, I should take it to Reddit or somewhere else. Thanks for your time and see you later.
>>
>>2476847
When you want to hire a company to build you a house, you don't ask them to first build you a smaller house for free and then maybe some day hire them for a possible future project that will maybe be paid.
>>
>>2476899

The door swings both ways.
>>
>>2476899
Lol go die.
>>
>>2476899
Anon wants free work
Anons don`t want to give free work.

Anon leaves for Reddit where he will probably get a worse response and 100 downvotes.
The one guy who works with him will have a miserable time trying to meet this beginners vague expectations and no one will be better off for it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.