[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your opinion of these street artists that get millions of views
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: KvvTFGc.jpg (402 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
KvvTFGc.jpg
402 KB, 1200x900
Your opinion of these street artists that get millions of views on YouTube, and have people showering them in praise?
>>
>>2475431
I'm sure you'd get the least bit of praise if you put in the effort too.
>>
>>2475436
Huh?
>>
>>2475440
You get jealous of the people who receive praise and recognition but do nothing to receive any yourself.
>>
They're efficient at quickly making visual products with mass appeal.
>>
>>2475449
It's not really jealousy that they're receiving praise. It's that they're getting so much for so little.

Take me out of the equation. You can find infinitely better artists while randomly browsing ArtStation who get almost no views or comments on their work.

It's just weird how enamored people are by novelty. Anyone can learn to do street art like the picture in under a week. It's just reproducing a pattern by memory.
>>
>>2475464
Just because it is liked by so many people doesn't mean any one of them would pay for the art. If I put their art beside a master's art piece then the masters piece is clearly gonna receive more likes. This street art is about the glances it receives, just 15 mins. Of fame type deal. Most people also like to be positive and say nice things about x without critiquing the piece. The videos are for killing time nothing more, nothing less. The artwork almost reminds me when people post their tats on social media.
>>
its tripe.

good for the novelty of "omg he made that so quickly"
then you realise theres really nothing of substance there.

So what if (best case scenario) they go home with $100 in a day, they still dont have the satisfaction of having made art they care about.
its almost a scam.
>>
You're just a jealous fuck.
>inb4 a bunch of random excuses
These guys like art, they're doing it in the streets and people enjoy it. Why does it bother you?
>>
File: artstationmkay.jpg (161 KB, 1113x1008) Image search: [Google]
artstationmkay.jpg
161 KB, 1113x1008
>>2475464
I'm sorry but is this the website you're talking about?
>>
>>2475431
its basically bob ross shit, they cheat with their tools, sometimes the texture is just really convenient. They learn a couple templates and call it a day. Ask them to rearrange this and watch them panic.
>>
>>2475563
Doesn't bother me that they do it. It bothers me that people think it's amazing.

>>2475573
That portrait you've circled is better than anything I've seen from a novelty street artist.
>>
File: 1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg (51 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg
51 KB, 600x599
>>2475584

>copy paste artwork
>better than anything
>>
>>2475505
Except...Not really. People are more impressed by street art not only because it has quick mass appeal but because they get to watch it being created. People who aren't already into art don't usually care about masterpieces that much, they like thngs that are cool to look at.

and that's the thing that is frustrating.

My ex boyfriend could make these and showed me how to make something like this. It literally takes absolutely no effort to make them, or skill, yet when he did them for a garage sale that happens in his home town, people were buying them left and right because they got to watch him make it and then come pick it up when it was dry.

Meanwhile I try to do characitures and barely geta bite because it means sitting down and waiting for awhile rather than getting to enjoy your shopping around and shit.

It's not jealousy to be frustrated when actual effort and skill goes unnoticed for someting that is a novelty.
>>
>>2475556
It literally is a scam. they'll say so to one another just not to the camera because that's their customer base watching.

It's no different than selling knockoff handbags for similar prices imo.
>>
>>2475592
How are we supposed to know anything about the art from a circled, partially cropped thumbnail within a larger screenshot?

What about the image in the upper right? Still better than anything these street artists produce/
>>
>>2475431
its worth a couple bucks if you don't already have one
>>
>>2475619
You're appealing to a different mass, a less popular mass, nothings going to change just because you're angry and they're appealing to the mass and you're not. There is business involved in art, you either find out and do what the mass likes or you do what you want. In art, the only thing that matters is the end result not what happens in between. Why should I care if something took more skill or not? If I like the art then I like the art.
>>
>>2475623
Youd know if you were on a skill level thats above an infant. GG NOT GONNA MAKE IT PLSBWEEK1STELLA
>>
>>2475431
I wouldn't hang their work on my wall or anything
They're just aesthetically pleasing to watch and that's all there is to it
>>
>>2475592
You think those street artists could paint a portrait like that? Gimme' a break.
>>
>>2475584
>It doesn't bother me they do it it bothers me that people like them instead of me.
Its because you suck and they're fun.
>>
>>2475431
Why do they always do the same airbrushed planets over alien landscapes 70's retrofuturism shit

I mean, just why
>>
>>2475874
Because people buy it.
It's consumer art.

This threads a huge inacurate generalization anyways.
>>
>>2475431
I mean, street artists aren't really doing this for any reason other than getting money. Who cares if its gimmicky.

Just try not to pay too much attention to them if they bother you. Odds are they probably have very little understanding of fundamentals so you can feel better about yourself.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.