[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of skill level can I obtain after 11 months if I put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 152313889.jpg (16 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
152313889.jpg
16 KB, 450x450
What kind of skill level can I obtain after 11 months if I put in 4-5 hours a day into it? Traditional, representational art. Examples are preferred.

No shitposting or clueless retards, please. Looking for clear and informed answers.
>>
File: 1444905638408.png (65 KB, 214x217) Image search: [Google]
1444905638408.png
65 KB, 214x217
the weekly skill ballpark thread huh
>>
>>2459200

How could anyone even tell you? What do you want people to say? You'll get to level 6 in one year, level 8 if you practice hard. Just look up examples of people's work at certain points to get an idea, but understanding that's basically meaningless because it depends on so much of what you want to do and how effective you are at practicing.
>>
>>2459200
You could either suck or be great.
Litteraly the only answer to possibly give.
>>
>No clueless retards

Guess you're gonna need to evacuate your own thread, OP.
It can't be measured that easily, and approaching it with that mindset you're probably just going to burn out.
>>
>>2459206
>>2459215
>>2459217
>>2459220

wow no spark detected
>>
>>2459200
Really good. But you won't do it.
>>
>>2459244

How good? Show me a piece representing "really good". Be realistic, obviously.
>>
>>2459200
not very far op. you won't be a complete beginner after a year and you'll start to grasp some of the theory behind art but your work will still be crude and probably uninspired.

give yourself maybe four or five years on top of that 11 months and you'll be at a decent place. you won't be the next mignola or the next mullins or gurney but you'll be good. good enough to work.
>>
>>2459200

around noah bradley level. the level he is at now.
>>
Minimum 3 years from scratch in a good program will make you a pro.
5-10 years self teaching.
Want to do it as a hobby "Only": just enjoy it then.
No shortcuts, pay your dues and hone the craft, because not doing it would not be a life worth living...
>>
>>2459200
About level 4.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.