[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm making a go fund me where I'm going to turn some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: artforprints.jpg (93 KB, 865x599) Image search: [Google]
artforprints.jpg
93 KB, 865x599
I'm making a go fund me where I'm going to turn some 5x7 mermaid art into postcard prints for $5 backers. I'veneverscannedwiththeideatoprintthough and I'm nervous/scared.

I scan it in at 600 dpi? Is that necessary?
Is really all I need to do is just play with the contrast?
>>
>>2451980

are you popular? that's all that matters.
>>
>>2452004
I have no doubt that I will be able to sell 250 prints matched with my current financial situation, and my art is kitchy cute, so. Let's say "sure".

How should I edit the art for a print? Let's say vista print?
>>
>>2451980
Scan at whatever the max optical (not interpolated) resolution of the scanner is, and then resize the file to whatever size and resolution your output is going to be. You shouldn't do more than fix contrast and color / saturation depending on the quality of your scanner; maybe reduce noise and sharpen a bit since prints tend to come out a little softer than the digital image.
>>
>>2452435
I read one person does a gaussian blur, and then rec-corrects it with the use of threshold.

I has hoping there would be non-basic bitches to reply back. People who've actually done printing. "are you popular? all that matters" -- no bitch, I wanna make high quality prints of my work at their utmost perfection. I wanna know color saturation tricks/tips to make them better than the original.
>>
>>2452973
So you want to learn shitty deviant art-tier effects to slap on top of your mermaid drawings to make them "better"? And you think this is what people who do actual printing do?
You don't need "tricks" if you know how to use Photoshop. If you want to edit your traditional work to make it better you should at least know /how/ it could be better, not just add a bunch of filters because someone else does it to their stuff.
>>
>>2453136
I want to know if anyone has any tips other than adjusting the contrast to make art material ready for print.

Surely everyone does something to them.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.