[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any zoos have any programs where they sedate the animals so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: chimp.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
chimp.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
Do any zoos have any programs where they sedate the animals so artists can draw them? My dad said they used to do this in London in the 70s but I called up my zoo in Cincinatti today and they seemed horrified at the idea.
>>
>>2449039
A lot of things were different in the 70's.
>>
>>2449039
The 70's were a weird time, m8.
>>
>>2449039
no but they should probably sedate you op
>>
Just ask if they can lower you into the tiger exhibit so you can draw it while it sleeps OP.
>>
>>2449039
Even if it wasn't considered animal cruelty to needlessly drug animals, what on earth makes you think this would be a reasonable business decision for any zoo? To make their attractions completely boring for 99% of the visitors just so a handful of artists can draw them more easily?
>>
Haha! I hope this isn't bait and actually happened.
>>
>>2449039
How about you suck it up and learn to draw things that are in motion? It's not like the animals in zoos move much anyway.
>>
>>2449104
>It's not like the animals in zoos move much anyway.
Was just about to say this. You won't have much trouble finding sleeping animals. You might want to bring some binoculars though if your distance vision isn't good.
>>
Bring camera, take picture, draw.
>>
>>2449063

I love drawing people when they are sleeping. I'd gladly sedate myself to be a model for a drawing session, especially if I was being paid.
>>
>>2449104
Its harder than you think, drawing animals is a lot easier when you already know their basic structure, but going to a zoo and drawing without a lot of knowledge is difficult, animals move alot. Its better to take a drawing pad and a camera with you, so even if you don't make a lot of successful drawings you'll still have some good ref.
>>
>>2449039
This is how trolling is done. 11/10.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.