[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been saving up 2k bucks to buy myself a wacom cintiq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 5668678.png (443 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
5668678.png
443 KB, 700x700
I've been saving up 2k bucks to buy myself a wacom cintiq 22hd touch tablet, is it worth?

I like to make drawings like the pic and I wanna know more about digital drawing
>>
How long did it take to save up 2k?

What else are you looking to purchase?

Do you draw digitally often? Or is this your first tablet?
>>
>>2446874

I saved up for 2 months at my job and I only want to get the tablet and a program to let me draw, it'll be my first tablet and I am an amateur DIGITAL artist, but I have lots of years drawing on paper with shading so I'm not a complete dunce
>>
>>2446876
Okay but have you ever painted before
>>
>>2446878

just watercolors, why?
>>
>>2446879
You sure it's not an impulse buy? You should put it away and take a little bit and buy a small tablet. Learn with that small tablet.
>>
>>2446876
>drawing on paper with shading
A Cintiq isn't really necessary for 'painting' or coloring. Can they even display colors as nicely or accurately as a decent monitor?

A lot of people seem to prefer regular tablets for non-line-art focused stuff, but if you're trying to emulate line art focused work, I guess just blow your money on a Cintiq.
>>
>>2446882

Truth is, I wanted to get into digital art for 2 years already, but I barely got a job 5 months ago and I decided to go big or go home.
>>
>>2446884

Do you have any advice for a monitor that'll help?
>>
>>2446886
Doesn't seem like a good idea to buy something so expensive without knowing how the medium feels beforehand
>>
>>2446892
Alright, I'll try a different tablet for the meanwhile, thanks!!!
>>
>>2446869
just get a cintiq 13.
>>
>>2446894

I know it's cheaper, so I guess I'll give it a shot
>>
>>2446894
no
get a 22 inch, 13 inch will probably just be too small and disappointing
>>
>>2446879

Why is that? It's still 1080 graphics
>>
>>2446876
if it took you 2 months to save for a 22 inch cintiq I would so go for it

to me it took 3 months of saving for a intuos pro, but I regret I don't have the time for it, since I am at my job from morning till night and most of my drawing time is at work and I couldn't afford a companion
>>
>>2446903
Imma try the 13hd but if it works out well, imma save up for another 2 months. I hope you get more time to draw later
>>
>>2446869
Cintiq is good but dont expect a marginal difference in your art if you dont make the most out of it. I would suggest buying an intous pro large and use the rest of the cash on upgrading your computer
>>
>>2446908
Have to agree here. You need a fast pc for handling all the programs that you will, simultaneously.
>>
>>22446908

You're right, I'll use my money to balance myself as I upgrade my equipment over the year, but I gotta start small to go big :) You have a really good point, and I can always sell my tablet to an art student when I upgrade
>>
Time to save up for a good monitor then haha

besides, all I can work with is my laptop at the moment
>>
Closest relevant thread, so I'll ask here:
Used Intuos 5 Med or New Intuos Art Med?

Intuos 5 is 3/4 of the price of the Art, so it seems like the obvious choice, but I'm slightly wary of buying used tablets since it'll be my first one.
Does anyone have any experience buying used?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.