[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This changed my life on drawing hands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: CdPt4ZdUIAAjYdZ.jpg (13 KB, 380x393) Image search: [Google]
CdPt4ZdUIAAjYdZ.jpg
13 KB, 380x393
This changed my life on drawing hands
>>
I'm about to change your life even more
*unzips dick*
>>
Neat
>>
>>2440123
What's inside your dick when you unzip it?
>>
>>2440122
this only works if you cut the fingers in a wonky way though. whats the white part? where are we cutting the fingers? makes no sense desu.
>>
just look at your hand lmao
>>
This is a pretty badly drawn hand. Whats your revelation
>>
File: 8580960537_00ae884d4a.jpg (48 KB, 400x331) Image search: [Google]
8580960537_00ae884d4a.jpg
48 KB, 400x331
>>2440126
this
>>
File: ayy.jpg (43 KB, 178x164) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
43 KB, 178x164
>>2440144
ayy lmao
>>
I don't get it
>>
>>2440160
The green part is 75% as long as the blue part.

The red part is 75% as long as the green part.
>>
>>2440148
Kek'd
>>
>>2440148
it really is the little head
>>
File: 03-gloves.jpg (134 KB, 583x324) Image search: [Google]
03-gloves.jpg
134 KB, 583x324
?
>>
If you actually read LOOMIS, you would know this already.
>>
>>2440908
kek
>>
>>2441387
Really, everything you can get out of books/tutorials you could probably figure out for yourself through pure study and observation of human anatomy. We all have hands and access to photos of hands, the proportions of the various parts of the hands are all there if you just pay attention.
>>
>>2444634

In theory yes, but that's not a very practical approach. No need to invent the wheel - all advances in our civilization rests on the foundation of what the previous generations have learned. You'd have to be pretty full of yourself to think that everything Vilppu, Loomis, Bammes, Proko etc. is teaching is something you'd figure out yourself if you just took the time. Also, for a deep understanding of anatomy it is not enough to study just the superficial landmarks. You have to study the skeleton, joints, how muscles overlap and insert and so on. But if you want to be a modern day DaVinci and perform your own dissections on human cadavers instead of picking up a fucking book, go ahead.
>>
>>2444651
>everything till that last two sentences

There's medical texts that have images of human anatomy bro.
>>
>>2440148
lost
>>
An Anon Couldn't Draw Hands, Until He Encountered One Image. What Happens Next Changes His Life.
>>
>>2444697
*record spin*
If you think things worked out for me, boy have I got a story to tell you
>THIS SUMMER
>ONE MAN
>TWO HANDS
>AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOOMIS WILL...
>
>
>GIT GUD
>Coming soon
>>
That image is good for drawing exactly one kind of hand from one specific angle.
>>
>>2444651
>Vilppu, Loomis, Bammes, Proko

All of them forged their style in part through life study. Should you check out instructionals to see if you can learn something from them? Absolutely, but art is not a linear progression from Da Vinci to Vilppu and I think it's a bit silly to treat Loomis et al like prime tenets of art orthodoxy. Studying Vilppu et al is good if you want to draw like Vilppu.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.