[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Gendy Tartakovsky good or shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Tartakovsky.jpg (15 KB, 236x220) Image search: [Google]
Tartakovsky.jpg
15 KB, 236x220
Is Gendy Tartakovsky good or shit?
>>
File: 1441478176791.jpg (17 KB, 260x384) Image search: [Google]
1441478176791.jpg
17 KB, 260x384
>>2434897
>>
>>2434897
A mix of both. I do love Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack but he can be too flat for me at times.
>>
He was good.

Keyword WAS
>>
>>2435523
>was
You didn't like symbionic Titan?
>>
>>2435592
It was cancelled for a reason. It was boring and cliche and the art wasn't good
>>
Depends. If we're talking animation, it was an acceptable style. Nigger would have probably been a better graphic designer than illustrator. Would have been better at web comics than real comics. Depending on what you consume he was in the meh to pretty okay range.
>>
>>2435597
You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1449881605827.jpg (8 KB, 200x215) Image search: [Google]
1449881605827.jpg
8 KB, 200x215
>>2437215
I don't feel like he's to far off, the main characters did have generic tropes that most hero groups had, especially the edgy kid who's overly skilled and the dainty princes with great power and resposibility

and I can see how the art style can be unappealing to some, I feel like he did a better job with samurai Jack as both shows had a similar style, samurai Jack seemed to show case his talent in making a real imersive world rather than the fairly bland symbiotic titan

but this is just my opinion, so I'm probably wrong
>>
>>2435898
>Depending on what you consume he was in the meh to pretty okay range.
is it just me, or is dexter probably the classics of cartoons?

in its time, there was no better show, it is extremely watchable and relevant today, and fun as shit.
so how does it go to the pretty okay/meh range then?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.