[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it moral?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: animefag.jpg (91 KB, 500x620) Image search: [Google]
animefag.jpg
91 KB, 500x620
Let's say there's an art teacher job opening. You're not the most proficient artist but you know that if you don't apply, someone even worse will get the position. Should you apply, knowing full well you arent qualified?

Also, are digital portfolios accepted in these type of things usually? What about stylized faggotry?
>>
>>2434036
Is all the things written in the beginner guide good enough for you to become a teacher?
>>
>>2434036
Just because you're from /ic/ I'd say you're probably at least somewhat qualified. You probably understand the importance of fundamentals. What's the position? If you draw a lot of stylized stuff, make sure you don't teach your style to the students.
>>
Why the hell not? If you like teaching in general, and don't have a problem with kids. The only important thing I see here is not your own drawing ability, but your ability to teach, to vulgarize complex matters to a simple way, coupled with patience and tolerance if you're dealing with kids.

Moreover, what grade of school will you be teaching at? Grade school? Middleschool? High school?

Do you like to have a good time with traditional mediums? I would recommend sending traditional works over digital works. It's more easily relatable to the normies. And seen as being more accessible in case the school doesn't have a lot of computers in the art classroom (if you apply with digital works the principal might think that it's the only medium you're capable with and also the only medium you are capable at/can teach with). Don't take risks and take photos of diverse works with mixed medias. The more diverse, the better. (clay sculpting, paper mache, charcoal, watercolor etc)
>>
>>2434036
For art teaching, you need at least to >Dominate the realistic human figure (construction, movement, anything...)
>Dominate two or three brush techniques (ink, watercolor, acrylic, oil...)
>Dominate shading, composition and perspective
>Knowing how to deal with beginners/ not being a fucking asshole

If I certainly, absolutely know that somebody worse than me is going to take the job, I'd take it. Otherwise, no.

>>2434054
No.
>>
>>2434096
Damn mobile version. I fucked a line there.
>>
>>2434036
Depends. If it's for a college/ high level art course that people are paying for, then it's kinda immoral. But I mean if they've seen your work and think it's acceptable then maybe your not giving yourself enough credit. Only you can answer that. But if you're teaching kids then you could get by on deviant art tier scribbles. For high school/elementary you just have to give basic exercises and teach some art history, actually teaching art is a secondary goal.
>>
>>2434036
I personally wouldn't cause, while I could probably handle kids for a few days, I'd get real fucking tired of it fast, no point setting up that time bomb
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.