[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips for getting back at drawing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Lets say you havent drawn seriously for a year

You were used to do different kinds of studies, from life and imagination and etc.

But all of a sudden you stopped drawing, could be because life is getting stressful, lots of stuff to take care of, not so much spare time anymore.

This is my case, i havent been productive for a looong time, only been doodleling small stuff that i end up hating because it has no purpose.

How does someone get back into that drive of drawing all the time and feeling great about it?

Anyone know any exercises that are great for getting back on track?

Every time i try to do a figure study, i always end up getting frustrated because the drawing is bad. And then i go play video games.

How do you accept your ugly drawings without giving up on them?
I always end up giving up and do something else. This is a big problem i guess.

How 2 move on and be cool about it?

Im currently working on a portrait, which i have been editing for a while, because i never really feel satisfied with it, maybe because its such a long time since ive been painting/drawing, so my skill is low and i guess i dont have a lot of patience.

I just wanna have the confidence and security that i had when i was drawing every day.
>>
>>2428239
how about you just go draw
>>
Rome wasn't built in a day... go learn fundamentals, go learn your subject, everything takes time and having good fundamentals is the beginning for doing anything well.
>>
>>2428239
>But all of a sudden you stopped drawing, could be because life is getting stressful, lots of stuff to take care of, not so much spare time anymore.
>not so much spare time anymore
Really? I think no matter what happens you can always spend at least 1 hour drawing every day.
>>
Either just punch him in the face or rise above and ignore him.
>>
>>2428252

spoiled brat with no life experience spotted
>>
>>2428259
sure keep making excuses not to draw
i don't care
>>
Im drawing but im not satisfied with what i draw, if i even finish it.

And it destroys my motivation

Maybe i just need positive feedback for once
>>
>>2428259
>>2428252
I worked 2 jobs and was doing 16 credit semesters and I still found a fucking way to waste 4 hours playing league of legends every day.
You 100% have an hour, seeing as you have time for 4chan. EVERYONE would be amazing at something if they stopped shitposting entirely and replaced that time with practicing a skill.
>>
>>2428269
Keep drawing and keep your old drawings, never throw them out no matter how much you don't like them. After a while you'll improve and be able to compare your current drawings with your old ones which will make you motivated.
>>
>>2428273
Amen. The truth has been spoken.
Now if anyone complains about not having time to practice and being shit then just show them a screen cap of this.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.