[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my work plus questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat-6451267208176339844.jpg (302 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6451267208176339844.jpg
302 KB, 1080x1920
OK, a few things:

How's my Tracer drawing? I left plenty of details behind like the british flag but overall its very faithful to the original piece.

Now some questions:

If I replicate enough of these drawings will I eventually get a grasp on how to originally create them from 0?

Is there any type of eraser that actually leaves a clean sheet (with no trace of what was erased)? I had issues with this one because I had to erase a bunch of stuff and in the end the paper was very dirty

Why do the colors look so murky? I cant get a solid color, whats a good brand of coloring pencils? I'm using faber castell

Whats a good way to keep track of proportions? Should I draw lines with a ruler across the drawing to guide myself?

How do I keep the shading after coloring?
And whats a good way to color the white parts? Should I just leave them without color?
>>
>>2424065
3.7/10?
dont make your own threads, use the question thread.
>>
>>2424068
don't use a tripcode unless it is necassary learn basic 4chan etiquitte
>>
>>2424065
rename her polio-chan and it'll be perfect
>>
>>2424068

>Thinking anybody follows the rules in /ic/

The rules also say to give only constructive criticism, your comment and >>2424101
dont actually provide any of it, so you're not even following the rules.

Also, I dont mind people making these threads, this board barely has any activity anyway so its not like its getting flooded with unnecesary threads. Have you been at the Q threads? People rarely get answers, same goes with rate threads, everyone just dumbs their pics without rating other people's work.

>>2424065

Face looks good, her right arm looks really good, left arm is very sloppy, also the belts, you're pushing the paper too hard, try to make straight, defined lines and then color them softly

The thigh gap looks weird, legs are fine aside proportions
>>
>If I replicate enough of these drawings will I eventually get a grasp on how to originally create them from 0?

That's the general idea. Beginners are usually adviced to stick to real people though instead of copying highly stylised artwork. Choose your references to be as vanilla as possible so that you'll learn the actual basics instead of getting into a style rut and regretting it later.

But do what is the most fun to you because motivation is a bitch
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.