[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real Talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: wanpanch.png (12 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
wanpanch.png
12 KB, 256x256
what do you do when you're in a rut

so yesterday was the day after my art show, im almost done my AP portfolio, and my art teachers have just told me my work isnt strong. im trying to take the criticism well, but i dont know what to do with it at this point.
do i redo my portfolio or revisit it? i feel like i should take a break and just focus on studies for a bit.
im 17 and headin off to college next yr so i mean i still have time.

tldr: my art teacher said the painter in me is gone, what do?
>>
Nobody can tell you a fucking thing worth hearing unless you post examples of your work.

Do you just want vague platitudes or do you want advice? Because all you're going to get with your post is a crowd of people telling you you're shit and should give up and a crowd of people telling you "Just stick with it we're all gonna make it!"
Neither will help you.

Also underage.
>>
Ask yourself questions like

Why do I paint?
What I want from my work?
How I want to be perceived as artist.
Do I have something to say?
What part of it make me happy?

and please be honest to yourself. Even if your answer is "I paint because I like attention". If it' honest it's something you can work with. Then confront your belief with your portfolio if it reflects yourelf or if it's just "finished assignment"

But considering you're 17 you still have time to work on yourself.
>>
>>2418340
Just for your info... You need to be 18 to post on 4chan. Mods might ban you.
>>
File: 1453446423976.jpg (834 KB, 3190x4906) Image search: [Google]
1453446423976.jpg
834 KB, 3190x4906
>>2418340
It sounds like you're downing yourself quite a bit
If your teachers told you your work isn't strong they're not trying to tell you that you don't have what it takes, they're trying to tell you that you need to git gud

Ruts are hard. you've just got to keep on pushing through. As long as you don't give up you'll get through it.

You're only 17, it's not surprising your work isn't strong, only the super exceptional people have strong work at that age so don't worry about it, you have your entire life ahead of you to improve your work and you can sure bet you'll have strong work by then.

Do be careful when taking a gap year, most people that take a gap year never return.

Just remember that it's all part of the journey. You'll be feeling great about your work in a few weeks when you've learned something new that's cool and then a week later you'll be feeling sad again.
>>
>>2418340
>im 17
You fucked up now nigga.
>>
File: 1452378440581.jpg (2 MB, 1752x5426) Image search: [Google]
1452378440581.jpg
2 MB, 1752x5426
Hope you're not going to art college. Also post your goddamn work.
>>
Also mods please don't delete this thread because OP is underage. You can ban him all you like but this could be a quality discussion thread

You goobers
>>
>>2418406
Kek
>>
OP, read through this thread. I've linked my first post in the thread, read through that and my other responses. It will probably help you.

https://boards.fireden.net/ic/thread/2353767/#2353880

Also: People on here can't give you much more advice other than what I posted in that one thread unless you post your work here. Everyone has different things they need to work on so their isn't one universal "how to fix your portfolio" that works 100%
>>
i can't believe how stupid people are
>hurr durr im art is trash.
> is im art trash????
>doesn't post art
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.